Well...

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
so what now?
Where do we go from here?

Changes have to be made.

Whether that's O scheme (not gonna happen), O play, D play, coaches, assistants, water boys...whatever. Something's gotta give.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
I would like to see your boy play more down the stretch. Maybe give him a possession or 2 a game... even if it's close. What's there to lose at this point?

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
I would like to see your boy play more down the stretch. Maybe give him a possession or 2 a game... even if it's close. What's there to lose at this point?

I'm staying away from that lol. Don't want people to think I'm biased (I am hehe)

Outside of that, what do we (they) do?

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
There's not much that can be done. This team is what it is at this point. Defensive game plan is not going to change. Offense is not great, but can play well enough to win. If things go our way I think we can play with anyone in our schedule (well maybe not VT), but chances are they won't.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
I have no relation. I'm just all for getting the younger guys a little more consistent (10-20%) of the snaps a game. Start developing down the road while not shooting ourselves in the foot too much so we are still competitive this year.

I'd like to see adams, glanton, vic, walker, Campbell play a little. There's still plenty to play for, so I don't want to mail it in.

Obviously I don't see these guys in practice so there's probably a good reason we don't see them play tho

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
so what now?
Where do we go from here?

Changes have to be made.

Whether that's O scheme (not gonna happen), O play, D play, coaches, assistants, water boys...whatever. Something's gotta give.

This is so easy it hurts repeating

Fire roof, take a pay cut by 400k and hire a bigtime dc for 900k a year
Fire sewak and steal from your friends at the acadamies. U owe it to tech.

Let new dc hire whoever he needs
Consider getting buzz preston to retire

Matt E

GT Athlete

Charlie Strong should be available.

Matt E

GT Athlete
As dc? Would be a good hire....but he would need to tweak what he does a tad

Assuming PJ is the coach, yes, at DC. Part of the issue with Roof and the challenge of not having him on the staff is he is a very good recruiter. I've always been told that Strong is a very good recruiter.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Assuming PJ is the coach, yes, at DC. Part of the issue with Roof and the challenge of not having him on the staff is he is a very good recruiter. I've always been told that Strong is a very good recruiter.

If he is such a good recruiter then talent cant be our problem can it? He has been here 4 years. I dont think he is that great a recruiter and is a crap coach.

Recruiting at tech isnt like texas florida or Louisville. Strong at tech would recruit well probably better than roof and is a better dc for sure. Definite upgrade

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck

I like it.

FrostedOrange

Jolly Good Fellow
If cpj took a paycut to "right the ship" and say something to the effect that getting things right is #1, he'd buy my respect. But at the end of the day it's all about $$ and I don't think he loves gt worth $400k

Matt E

GT Athlete
If he is such a good recruiter then talent cant be our problem can it? He has been here 4 years. I dont think he is that great a recruiter and is a crap coach.

Recruiting at tech isnt like texas florida or Louisville. Strong at tech would recruit well probably better than roof and is a better dc for sure. Definite upgrade

Well, by very good I mean everything you read says he is one of our best but that's all relative right? He could be one of the tallest midgets

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
If cpj took a paycut to "right the ship" and say something to the effect that getting things right is #1, he'd buy my respect. But at the end of the day it's all about $$ and I don't think he loves gt worth $400k

Just think. Mark richt gave miami 1 million to help the cause. Thats 2.5 years at 400k a year for paul to do that.

Gol gave tech 1 million

Paul? U there? U say u have to have commitment for expectations. Show us your commitment. If the school cant afford it take a pay cut and hire a bigtime dc

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Whether we like it or not, the program is in a bad place and with the exception of the 2nd half of the 2014 season has been fair at best. Not sure what role President Peterson plays in all this but sure he doesn't help since he is at the top. In any event, CPJ is being paid good money and ultimately responsible for placing a poor program on the field. Not sure at this point how you fix. You would like to think you could change some of the staff around him and things would improve but really don't think it will. We have been through 4 DCs already. CPJ may be a good football coach but he is average at getting talented coaches around him. I have my ideas on why this is the case but oh well it is what it is. If we do change our HC then it will be a 3-4 year turn around process if successful.