Well...

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Whether we like it or not, the program is in a bad place and with the exception of the 2nd half of the 2014 season has been fair at best. Not sure what role President Peterson plays in all this but sure he doesn't help since he is at the top. In any event, CPJ is being paid good money and ultimately responsible for placing a poor program on the field. Not sure at this point how you fix. You would like to think you could change some of the staff around him and things would improve but really don't think it will. We have been through 4 DCs already. CPJ may be a good football coach but he is average at getting talented coaches around him. I have my ideas on why this is the case but oh well it is what it is. If we do change our HC then it will be a 3-4 year turn around process if successful.
What do we have to lose by changing we are near bottom dwellars in the conference now, it isnt working we need a new direction NOW

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
so what now?
Where do we go from here?

Changes have to be made.

Whether that's O scheme (not gonna happen), O play, D play, coaches, assistants, water boys...whatever. Something's gotta give.
The only change I'd make offensively would be to put MJ in the game on all 3rd and 1 / 4th and 1. Having more of a power QB threat should make defending those scenarios a little tougher.

As for the defense...I'm at a loss. Someone has to make a play. Yes, there were times we looked confused/slow but there were also times where we were in position and just couldn't make the interception/pass breakup/tackle.