Well we made the front page of TMZ

Stray Dog THA GAWD

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree this stuff happens on all teams from high school to the pros.

It was a real fight tho. Law learned a lesson. When "fronting" someone, that has their hands up and ready to go...don't close the distance to within striking range with your hands down and chin unprotected. Step created distance with a small push, then Law stepped in toward him and step put a cross right on the button. If you don't have a titanium chin your lights will definitely be going out when this occurs.

The video thing is with us forever now. It's the first thing that comes out during any altercation. Putting that crap on social media should be automatic dismissal from the team though.

And it's really not fair to blame the coaches for it getting out. How are they supposed to stop it? You think the guy that videod it or anyone involved told the coaches it even existed? I highly doubt it.

Now once they became aware of it they could ask. And ask those involved who witnessed it. Once it got leaked they would then have an idea of who leaked it. Then they *might* be able to punish or dismiss the appropriate party.

But cell phones are prolific and so is this social media behavior. The only way to stop this really is to effectively ban players from bringing phones into football facilities. How ya think that would help recruiting?

You're confusing Lawrence with Lance.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
it doesnt seem to hurt alabama much at all. id bet that most of the other top programs dont allow cell phones out in practice OR during games either.

"I think if you're going to be on the sidelines, you should be focusing on the game," Saban said. "That's basically the policy. That's basically what we're trying to do. We have a rule that nobody's allowed to have a cell phone on the sidelines, and we have a rule for when you can have your cell phone out in the locker room. Obviously it's a FOCUS issue. I don't know what else I can say about it."

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/10/nick_saban_talks_scott_cochran.html
Doesn't seem like the is occurring during a specific team function.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
Welp, if this is a "slap game" then I am no where near tough enough to play college football but more importantly way too smart to allow someone to hit me like that without defending myself. If true, this is next level stupid.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Welp, if this is a "slap game" then I am no where near tough enough to play college football but more importantly way too smart to allow someone to hit me like that without defending myself. If true, this is next level stupid.
That's why I said I feel old if this is how the slap game is played now. I don't recall anyone playing the slap game with fists but it certainly looks like the slap game on video.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
The only problem this whole thing poses for GT is who released the video. I hope it’s someone no longer with the team, I’d hate for it to be someone that’s on the team now, that would kill any chemistry between the other players and him.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
That's why I said I feel old if this is how the slap game is played now. I don't recall anyone playing the slap game with fists but it certainly looks like the slap game on video.

Well, I must be really old because if someone slaps me ...one of us is going to take whooping. These cats are too old for that kind of stupidity. Step better feel lucky as this could have easily turned tragic. Lance is unconscious.

megatron

Jolly Good Fellow
The only problem this whole thing poses for GT is who released the video. I hope it’s someone no longer with the team, I’d hate for it to be someone that’s on the team now, that would kill any chemistry between the other players and him.

The fact that this got released right after the final game of the season means that it was probably shared by a player who doesn't expect to play ever again.

Personally, I bet that this was recorded and shared among all of the players.

Milwaukee

Banned
Yeah it is. Dudes fight, especially dudes who get the vast majority of their affirmation from being physical. But this doesn't even look like a legit fight. It looks like they were messing around and Step hit him harder than intended.

Something doesn't seem right, it feels as if everyone else in the room was expecting him to get some sort of free hit. Maybe it's some game I'm not hip to. Maybe it's something really cool, that I don't even know about. Odds are they were probably basic white cotton.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I’m telling you, if anything that brought them closer together as teammates. Not sure which Austin twin it was but I guarantee he respected Durham more as a person and teamate. This 100% goes on, on every team at every level. We slap boxed every day in high school. When you have all that testosterone under one roof it’s going to happen.

Guess that's why there's never any slap-boxin between posters on this site. Ohhh, shots fired. :smuggrin:

Something doesn't seem right, it feels as if everyone else in the room was expecting him to get some sort of free hit. Maybe it's some game I'm not hip to. Maybe it's something really cool, that I don't even know about. Odds are they were probably basic white cotton.

I can teach you. I get first hit though. :D

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Maybe it's some game I'm not hip to.

Correct. I'm not saying I like it, and nobody has to. It's just the reality. Several are saying it in this thread, and whether you like it or not, THIS IS NOT ABNORMAL. What is abnormal is someone leaking it to TMZ. Probably someone transferring out.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure PJ knocked out Dennis Andrews. The guy who released that film, that DL, was kicked off the team later that year. I don't think he was kicked off for releasing the video, but it certainly didn't help.

I mean, honestly, who releases that video? Its a bad look for Step and Lance. One guy throwing fists for what appeared to be not a big deal and the other guy demonstrating a glass chin or lack of situational awareness.

Great form and accuracy on the punch though...Coach Sisk boxing training is working out...

I was told by guys on the team it was a friend of Corey's, I'd have to check the video out again though. Dennis was pretty well-respected by his teammates so that would surprise me, but who knows. Completely agree the guy who released the video is a p****. My guess is it was a senior who waited til he was out of the program to release it to avoid any consequences.