Welcome Coach Collins!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if he was TStan’s guy from the get go? I certainly understand the timing, we have a pile of recruits coming in this weekend.

Prez please give t stan and gtaa some public ata boys

We are 2 weeks out of being slaughtered at uga and about 1 week after Coach announced he is too tired to keep going.

And the new coach is here!

Our and others have checks rolling in.

Tstan, bacon, fire, out!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
WSB just announced that we hired Geoff Duncan from Temple. WSB is the home of the mutts. Was that name mistake intentional?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rush journalism. Please tell me they've fixed this by now.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Screenshot_2018-12-07-12-44-03.png

VintageWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
View attachment 4695

This is how well-liked Coach Collins is amongst former players

One thing I hope TStan does: Raises the goal of the Capital Raise. I hope he raises it by a significant amount.

This is not a slight on CPJ, but more of what Collins represents: New era, new opportunity. You have to give CPJ a LOT of credit for this, because all this happens because he did it cleanly, instead of leaving in a messy situation. Bravo to CPJ for that.

GT and TStan need to use this opportunity while the fanbase is fired up, and I fully expect Collins to get us revved up as well, to seize all the good feelings and leverage to bring in more money. As you can see from @Ibeeballin 's post, there's is new energy within our fanbase, former SA's, and I'm willing to believe it's also affecting our larger donors.

Let's literally capitalize on this opportunity. Welcome aboard, Coach!

I gave my share to the "AI 20 Capital Campaign", this am. Please, TECH alumna, Tech friends and family, donate what you can! THANKS!

TStan, is one by one, checking the right boxes.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Rush journalism. Please tell me they've fixed this by now.

The announcement was on the radio, not print. I’ll listen again at the top of the hour to see if they say it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Well I can tell you that the media guys love it, former players love it, basically everyone sees him as belonging in the living room of any athlete that can qualify, energize fans, donors, students, etc., and able to put together a coaching staff that can perform on the field. The media guys want to talk to him and give him instant respect. This is wayyyy different than what we've been used to in terms of perception and attitude among HS coaches, college coaches, and the media. As long as he does well enough as a coach, I think he can elevate the perception of the institute significantly. That pays dividends in the future even if he splits for another job or underperforms on the field.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer

It's true. Temple fans are having a meltdown...not because of Collins specifically, but for getting treated like a side piece until their coach finally finds a wife.

Well had we hired a younger coach with little experience we might be in the same boat, Collins is just over that hump so we should be able to hold on time for a bit. Temple on the other hand, until they move up in conferences they will always be a stepping stone. Georgia Southern as an example went through this as well

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't understand why Temple is getting whiny about it. They almost shut the doors 20 years ago. They got kicked out of the Big East for a bunch of reasons.

I've been reading that they think this is a parallel move by more than a few of their fans. Call me when you win a conference championship, much less a natty.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Wasn't even on the list of who I'd hoped we'd hire at first (Elliott, Satterfield, Brown). The more I saw the more I liked him. He seems to be a good fit to be our next head coach and help pump new life into the program.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This hire is getting so much positive press...its starting to worry me. I guess I'm not used to it.

It's because GT is a good job, and it's a lot bigger profile than some of our fans want to give it credit for. GT still moves the needle regardless of what you hear on local radio or amongst our own. Collins is a good fit given his history at GT, AND his experiences at large factory schools under great coaches.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know when he is able to actually begin recruiting? If CPJ and staff remain coaching until the bowl, then are there any rules limiting what they can do?

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Somebody please help me. I'm happy with the hire, but half the time when I see "Geoff", it registers as "Goff". Can we all agree to call him Coach Collins?