Welcome Coach Collins!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Ok CGC looking you are our 13th Head Coach if we don't count Mac McWorter if we do you would be 14 th. But lets not take a chance and say you are number 13 I'm going the have to help you in case that is a Hex or Curse. I can help you because I'm pretty sure my wife is a witch. I asked her how to reverse the curse of the number 13.

The first thing she said was where to could go ( I think your ok this was directed at me she tells me this all the time.)

First you will need to sacrifice a live chicken( I would fry it may as well enjoy it after the sacrifice )
Next she said you need potatoes and mash them ( I would save them it would go good with the chicken )
Then she said get a little salt ( I would use it with the mash potatoes )
After this she said you will need to go get some Brussel Sprouts ( not sure what you do with them I would just put them in the trash they suck )
She also said to get some Okra ( if it was me I would fry it )

Crap wait I think this is what she wants me to fix her for dinner

Oh well just google how to reverse the curse of the number 13 , I guess I need to go get this stuff for dinner hate for her to get mad .

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Finally, we can all stop the speculation about who it will be..... and begin to speculate on roster changes, depth chart, defensive formation, nutrition plans, room assignments... all the good stuff
Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria. I hope there is some public event where Tech fans can meet him.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
4DF1B28A-A6C1-479F-84C7-146B68773B17.jpeg

This is how well-liked Coach Collins is amongst former players

GTFLETCH

Banned
AD TStan moved quietly & quickly, got his guy, and left plenty of time for damage control. Hedidhaveme scared for amoment with the KW thing,but even teh AD has toanswer to big Donors like Dewberry! Can’t ask for much more than that. Great job!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if he was TStan’s guy from the get go? I certainly understand the timing, we have a pile of recruits coming in this weekend.

It's the set low expectations gambit. TBH, if you would have said Geoff Collins to start out of the gate, I would have been lukewarm about it. Not disappointed, not overly impressed either. I get the hire, and I think there's certainly some VERY good qualities about the hire. Then KW became a serious contender (or so we were led to believe) and my disappointment in that was...let's just say God would not have approved of the words.

In the end, I think TStan did good. We all ran around the village like little kids chasing one rumor after another, and TStan barred the door and went to work in the hut. One thing I'm proud of is that GT wasn't being used for leverage, or names weren't being tossed out there associated with us causing real candidates to take pause (see UT's search last year).

I was hard on TStan, so now I'll eat my crow. Who brought the BBQ sauce?

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
It's the set low expectations gambit. TBH, if you would have said Geoff Collins to start out of the gate, I would have been lukewarm about it. Not disappointed, not overly impressed either. I get the hire, and I think there's certainly some VERY good qualities about the hire. Then KW became a serious contender (or so we were led to believe) and my disappointment in that was...let's just say God would not have approved of the words.

In the end, I think TStan did good. We all ran around the village like little kids chasing one rumor after another, and TStan barred the door and went to work in the hut. One thing I'm proud of is that GT wasn't being used for leverage, or names weren't being tossed out there associated with us causing real candidates to take pause (see UT's search last year).

I was hard on TStan, so now I'll eat my crow. Who brought the BBQ sauce?
I think we got the best of both worlds. We could have gone for a little better resume with some of the names splashed around here, but they wouldn't have had the Tech connections. I think/hope leaning on O'Leary, having worked here before, being from ATL area takes care of the pitfalls of someone who is a great coach, but doesn't understand the animal. For reasons I won't rehash, I didn't want an under center option guy.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
One thing I hope TStan does: Raises the goal of the Capital Raise. I hope he raises it by a significant amount.

This is not a slight on CPJ, but more of what Collins represents: New era, new opportunity. You have to give CPJ a LOT of credit for this, because all this happens because he did it cleanly, instead of leaving in a messy situation. Bravo to CPJ for that.

GT and TStan need to use this opportunity while the fanbase is fired up, and I fully expect Collins to get us revved up as well, to seize all the good feelings and leverage to bring in more money. As you can see from @Ibeeballin 's post, there's is new energy within our fanbase, former SA's, and I'm willing to believe it's also affecting our larger donors.

Let's literally capitalize on this opportunity. Welcome aboard, Coach!

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
WSB just announced that we hired Geoff Duncan from Temple. WSB is the home of the mutts. Was that name mistake intentional?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk