Week 6 Football Games

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow they waited so long to figure out what to do they are just going to straight up cancel a conference game and not make it up (Florida vs LSU). That's pretty crazy. Imagine if Florida finishes 6-1 in conference and Tennessee finishes 6-2

lol Florida AD is totally dodging a loss

That happened during 9-11 in 2001 a great 35-32 victory by Tennessee over Florida in the Swamp last week of the regular season ;)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Sucks, but not much you can do. Both their QBs were hurt to some degree. The guy they had in had a bad leg but was running the ball...... some times the choices aren't good.

some times you're deal a 2,3,7,5, and 8 containing all four suites and then after discard the 2,3 and 5 you draw a 4, 9 and 10... i.e. you can only play the cards you have at the time you have them.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So I have to brag on my daughter-in-law (related loosely to USCe/UGAg game).

My son's squadron is deployed to the mid-East and stationed in Beaufort SC. With the hurricane coming, 3 squadron wives and animals decide to go to Atlanta. They only make it to Augusta with the traffic. So last night they all go out drinking.

A guy is listening to their conversation from a nearby table for a while and that my daughter-in-law brought their bulldog (my son is in the Marines). So this guy comes over and starts talking to try and pick them up.

Turns out he went to UGAg (don't know that he paid enough to graduate). He talks about the UGAg game and USCe game and how great UGAg is in football.

Then, he starts bragging about how academically great UGAg is, especially their veterinary school (which is probably the one jewel in a pile of dog sh~t). So my wonderful daughter-in-law asks him, "If the veterinary school is so great, why do UGAs keep dying?"

No coherent response and a nice take down.

Last edited:

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Oh I agree oldjacket just making a point BC ain't got the d that everyone thought.

Honestly it's hard to truly say. When you have zero offense and leave them on the field against someone like Clemson you're not doing them any favors. I haven't and didn't watch their debacle against the chokies so I really don't have a sense of how good or bad their D is. I will say this if Tech played them now I would expect that Tech would put up maybe 2 TDs more than they did in the opener. :)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
For everyone on the 'UNC will win the Coastal' bandwagon, VT is favored at Chapel Hill today. VT up 6-3 now and continue to look better than UNC this year, imo.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
UNC's offense is terrible in bad weather.

If Tennessee wins this damn game after turning the ball over 6 times I may just give up on football.