Week 6 Football Games

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Strange, but I just saw that Ga Southern plays tonight and then has 10 days off before our game. I'll watch a few minutes of Ga Southern against the 0-4 Arkansas State. Southern wins by half.

VT @ UNC 3:30 Sat. I think VT wins. This game is for Coastal I think (I think Miami is over rated and will lose 4 of their next 5 IMHO.)

FSU @ Miami, 8PM Sat. FSU wins by 2 or more scores. FSU is out of it in Atlantic, but they have their pride for an in-state game.

ND at NC State @ noon Saturday. Go Pack! NC State wins a close one.

UGAg @ USCe @ 730 PM Sat. I'd prefer a beatdown of UGAg but another game watching them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory would be ok ..... just lose.

ASURAMS07

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah. I'm interested in watching this Ga Southern game to see what they are playing like this year.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Strange, but I just saw that Ga Southern plays tonight and then has 10 days off before our game. I'll watch a few minutes of Ga Southern against the 0-4 Arkansas State. Southern wins by half.

VT @ UNC 3:30 Sat. I think VT wins. This game is for Coastal I think (I think Miami is over rated and will lose 4 of their next 5 IMHO.)

FSU @ Miami, 8PM Sat. FSU wins by 2 or more scores. FSU is out of it in Atlantic, but they have their pride for an in-state game.

UGAg @ USCe @ 730 PM Sat. I'd prefer a beatdown of UGAg but another game watching them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory would be ok ..... just lose.
Ya gotta play 60 minutes against UNC. This 59 minutes and 50 seconds stuff don 't work against them. Is VT a 60 minute team?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
So We need to have VT lose to UNC and GT

UNC needs to lose to Miami and GT

And Miami needs to lose to FSU, VT, and either duke or Pitt.

If we win out in the costal these things will insure that we win the acc costal if Miami only losses two it will all depend on who they lose to and then who the tie goes to. Of course you can switch around VT and UNC if you think the losses would be more realistic that way.

Sorry this might not be the right thread but I though about this because I saw the VT and UNC game listed for this week.

Here's to hoping for this long shot to happen!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So We need to have VT lose to UNC and GT

UNC needs to lose to Miami and GT

And Miami needs to lose to FSU, VT, and either duke or Pitt.

If we win out in the costal these things will insure that we win the acc costal if Miami only losses two it will all depend on who they lose to and then who the tie goes to. Of course you can switch around VT and UNC if you think the losses would be more realistic that way.

Sorry this might not be the right thread but I though about this because I saw the VT and UNC game listed for this week.

Here's to hoping for this long shot to happen!

We need to beat Pitt Saturday ;)

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer

I agree this game is for the Coastal but UNC wins this game in a high scoring game.

FSU wins this game going away, no waiting till the second half to play ball this weekend.

ND is a dumpster fire this year but they will give NC State the game of the year in what will be the best game of the weekend

South Carolina is hungry and looking for something to hang on. UGA just might be that this year. USC has played UGA tough most of the time and with the terrible change at head coach in both organizations who knows what will happen.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Need VT to win and hope for Pitt to beat them later this year. UNC has 3 difficult games left (Us, VT, and Miami). VT Has 4 (Us, Pitt, UNC, and Miami). We probably need UNC to beat Miami so it’s best if their 2 losses come from us and VT.

We lose to Pitt and it doesn’t matter anymore.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Things are kinda nasty in Tallahassee right now. The bowl loss to conclude last season, and then this season's blowout loss to Louisville, giving up 35 points to USF despite the Noles' winning, the loss to UNC last week with another defensive collapse -- like I said, nasty. There's a distinct lack of love for our old buddy Charles Kelly, the DC, and more than a few fans (and no one but fans) wouldn't be upset if LSU was to start courting Jimbo Fisher.

If FSU's defense defense shows up this week, sure, they'll defeat Miami. But if FSU's defense continues to take off on some plays, and some of those 4- and 5-star defenders continue to loaf occasionally -- and yes, "loaf" was the word prominently used in the local media -- then Miami has the QB and sufficient offense to win a shoot-out with FSU.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Things are kinda nasty in Tallahassee right now. The bowl loss to conclude last season, and then this season's blowout loss to Louisville, giving up 35 points to USF despite the Noles' winning, the loss to UNC last week with another defensive collapse -- like I said, nasty. There's a distinct lack of love for our old buddy Charles Kelly, the DC, and more than a few fans (and no one but fans) wouldn't be upset if LSU was to start courting Jimbo Fisher.

If FSU's defense defense shows up this week, sure, they'll defeat Miami. But if FSU's defense continues to take off on some plays, and some of those 4- and 5-star defenders continue to loaf occasionally -- and yes, "loaf" was the word prominently used in the local media -- then Miami has the QB and sufficient offense to win a shoot-out with FSU.
FSU could very well stumble around enough to probably wind up in the Belk or Russell Athletic Bowl.

Jacketfish

Jolly Good Fellow
Georgia Southern, also my alma mater, had an awful loss last night to a 0-4 team. They looked awful last week also. They are not the same team we played 2 years ago. They have all the same skill positions players, including both qbs back, but they are not the same team under this new coach. This game should be nowhere near as close as it was in 2014.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Georgia Southern, also my alma mater, had an awful loss last night to a 0-4 team. They looked awful last week also. They are not the same team we played 2 years ago. They have all the same skill positions players, including both qbs back, but they are not the same team under this new coach. This game should be nowhere near as close as it was in 2014.

Sucks, but not much you can do. Both their QBs were hurt to some degree. The guy they had in had a bad leg but was running the ball...... some times the choices aren't good.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Wow they waited so long to figure out what to do they are just going to straight up cancel a conference game and not make it up (Florida vs LSU). That's pretty crazy. Imagine if Florida finishes 6-1 in conference and Tennessee finishes 6-2

lol Florida AD is totally dodging a loss

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I expect the Miami game to be postponed. But that is going to be the least of most people's worries. The Florida infrastructure (electric, water system possibly contaminated, some roads washed out/blocked) is going to take a big hit. They aren't used to hurricanes apparently in that part of Florida. We were without power for two weeks and the water system was infiltrated by storm water here in Virginia after Isabel. Matthew is going to rape the coast......... https://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=3468

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
They were talking about moving FSU vs Miami to Tampa to play in Raymond James Stadium. Did they decide against that? Never saw a resolution there.