Week 5: Temple Game Week Media

White_Gold

GT Athlete
I listened to CPJ's and I listen to CGC's. I have never really thought there was much value in coach pressers, either way, but I listen for background noise, I guess.
I also don’t really take much from them. Not CPJ, CCG, or GOL.
Press conferences are for the press. They happen so that the press can have quotes and such to write about.

White_Gold

GT Athlete
Listening to CDP speaking glowingly of JG is interesting considering how little he’s played. Hopefully he’ll see the field more.

No questions about the OLinemen?
No questions as to why we don’t see more screens and quick hitters?

“The OL is working hard. They have a tough job subbing in for the injured guys.” That’s not a quote but that story has been played out already.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I think where it helps is player workload and managing effort vs too much effort or wearing em out. I also think its a great comparative to have to take a player and say ok this is his avg practice workload. This is him in a game. Is he a gamer. The same. Or below practice and why. It will help how they manage rotations. I like that too. Also, are they playing as fast in the game as practice and vice versa.
Are our guys wearing the stat tracking stuff during games? I could see huge value in that with comparing it against practices.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Are our guys wearing the stat tracking stuff during games? I could see huge value in that with comparing it against practices.
Not sure if we are actively doing this, but it reminds me of a discussion we had on GT swarm before. There is a fitness tracker for volleyball players: https://www.myvert.com
Used by over 350 universities, colleges and professional teams VERT technology offers player management solutions for individuals and teams.

VERT wearable jump device helps you with managing injury prevention with players, body load and impact data as well as simple performance testing for vertical jump test and more.

It's a pretty neat product. There is certainly ways that technology like this could be leveraged for football.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck

slugboy

Staff member
I also don’t really take much from them. Not CPJ, CCG, or GOL.
Press conferences are for the press. They happen so that the press can have quotes and such to write about.

Collins lets coordinators and to some degree position coaches talk to the press. I find more information in the coordinator talks. So, my current take is that transparency has increased, and is probably above average for NCAA Football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sugiura: How Temple players feel about facing Geoff Collins
Temple linebacker Shaun Bradley can’t dispute it. He’s excited to play Georgia Tech on Saturday and take on the team that hired away his head coach and five of his assistants.

“I think for me and the whole team, we’ve had this game circled on our calendars,” Bradley told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution in a phone interview this week.