• UCF by 7-13

Votes: 26 12.4%
  • UCF by 14+

Votes: 11 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jmonty71

Banned
1st week, I picked us to lose, but less than what Vegas predicted. I am, again, picking us to lose (hope I'm wrong), but less than what Vegas says. 27-24... If I am wrong again... I will just pick us to lose every game. I'm willing to be wrong, every game. :)

MidtownJacket

Staff member
If we both saw it, ThackAttackSquad saw it too. I suspect we will be better about watching for it. We have a really got set of Defensive minds that will be watching film all week to get a better sense of how we grow as a whole unit.
This is my constant nightmare.......On FSU's first drive, they got one on one over the middle against Curry for a long gain. Also safety was slow coming over to help. Expect more of that this week, IMO.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
I think getting game 1 under our belts is a huge advantage, as we definitely made our share of opening game errors. Sims should have had at least one more INT but the guy dropped it, we left a ton of points on field with field goals and bad red zone penalties, and FSU had some timely dropped catches that could have gone for big gains.

That said, it is hard to look super polished and execute well in Week 1, and what I saw in addition to our questionable execution were a lot of positives: the team played very hard and never looked gassed. They hit hard and played aggressively and made a lot of plays down the stretch. It felt like a very smash mouth brand of defense - if the DBs continue to punish WRs like that especially out over the middle it’s going to start to get into opposing teams heads.

If we can play with the same intensity and cut down on mistakes, I am comfortable going up against UCF in their season opener. We just need to make sure we progress from last week because UCF would probably beat FSU too at this point

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I really don't know much about UCF to be honest. My gut tells me we are going to have a more difficult time stopping them than we did FSU. My gut also tells me that we will execute at a pretty high level on offense, like last Saturday, but also make a couple crushing mistakes. After all, we are being run by a true frosh in game #2. However, I would be surprised if we totally implode on STs in the red zone like that again. So, trips to the RZ should yield more points than last Saturday. It will probably be close.

After watching us against FSU and believing it will be a close struggle this week, I am going to go with the team that plays the hardest, and right now, it is hard for me to believe we will come in second in that category. I hope you all realize the amount of effort that was expended by our kids a week ago. At this point, it seems like it is in our DNA now. It is our identity. We will "out-work" you and we will not quit. We have enough depth to play crazy hard every play and we have the mindset to do exactly that.

28-26 GT, we find a way

Deleted member 2897

GT is going to humble UCF and their fanbase

I just had to report and block poor jacooooooob. If I’ve had less than 10 insulting harassing messages from him in the last couple hours, I would be surprised.

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
I share the same sentiment as most that have posted that it's hard to predict without knowing who is in or out. The good news is, we have played a game and have shown adversity in that one game, on the road. I'm just going to go off of Quez Jackson's tweet: "Ain't no "couple of years" ... we are trying to be great NOW!"

GT - 35
UCF - 31

Go Jackets!

Deleted member 2897

I just had to report and block poor jacooooooob. If I’ve had less than 10 insulting harassing messages from him in the last couple hours, I would be surprised.

@Mods - I have now reported Jacoooooob 3 times and put him on ignore, And the system is still letting him send messages cursing at me. Can you guys please do something? I have begged him multiple times to please stop.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Just ignore the kid. He won’t last long if he keeps behaving like this.
@Mods - I have now reported Jacoooooob 3 times and put him on ignore, And the system is still letting him send messages cursing at me. Can you guys please do something? I have begged him multiple times to please stop.

Deleted member 2897

Just ignore the kid. He won’t last long if he keeps behaving like this.

That was the problem – I had put him on ignore, and the messages kept coming in. I have not gotten anything new in the last hour or so, so maybe it’s fixed.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is tough. I do think there's a bit too much excitement around here after beating FSU. FSU could be really bad. Tech only scored 16, threw two interceptions and missed 3 kicks. Tech got 3 turnovers, how much of that was our D vs their mistakes? We looked good in the second half, play like that for full games moving forward and good things will happen. But I haven't seen it yet.

All else equal, UCF is probably the stronger team. But all else isn't equal, it's their first game after a very strange offseason. They've had a lot of opt-outs, even if it's not key players it makes me wonder why? They have to travel to Tech in the midst of a pandemic...

I predict Tech scores ~27 points; if we don't take points away from ourselves with mistakes. Can our D slow them down and/or do they make enough first-game errors to slow themselves? If not, I see them at ~35 points.

My projection is Tech loses 27-35. But if we make all our kicks and get a defensive TD, flip it.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Gibbs will carry the team on his back this game and show why he’s an elite player. The running game is crucial this week against an extremely talented offense that we need to keep off the field.

Good guys by 14+ cause I’m on the coolaid

38 - 24

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
It's that time of the week again. What's your prediction for Saturday's home opener at the Dodd? Poll included.

Interesting matchup. Were these two teams to have played last year, there is no doubt I would pick UCF. This year is another kettle of fish altogether. Having played one game already is a big advantage for Tech. I think there are a number of keys to this game:
1) Tempo. They are an up tempo team coming off the bus. We will need to run the ball and control the clock.
2) Matchups in the secondary. The thing about this team that worries me the most is matching up their speedy small receivers and backs against our big safeties.
3) Scoring Tech needs to score at a minimum four touchdowns. Driving down the field and kicking field goals is not going to get it done against this team.

I am going to pick UCF because of the injuries we have been hearing rumors of affecting Tech. I think we can beat them but three turnovers like we had last week will kill us against this team.
UCF to win but not cover the 8 points.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I share the same sentiment as most that have posted that it's hard to predict without knowing who is in or out. The good news is, we have played a game and have shown adversity in that one game, on the road. I'm just going to go off of Quez Jackson's tweet: "Ain't no "couple of years" ... we are trying to be great NOW!"

GT - 35
UCF - 31

Go Jackets!

Well, Quez's mindset is what I want to see. If so....no better time than the present. Best get to it, there is a ball game to win.

Deleted member 2897

Waiting to see Gibbs show up ATL like:

giphy.gif