MidtownJacket

Staff member
Waiting to see Gibbs show up ATL like:

giphy.gif
Hahahah

jacket38

Jolly Good Fellow
My key to the game: Run the ball down their throats

I think unlike the FSU game, we'll be able establish the run game against UCF. The 1st week performance by the O-Line was not a fluke, and that group will only improve from game to game. The run will help us control possession which keeps the defense fresh & allows us to rely less on our freshman QB.

Final Prediction: GT by 14, UCF hype won't carry over to ACC play.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Losing Mason (If true) hurts but I think Griffin gives us that speed/power mix that JPM does. Plus what I saw out of Smith eases my worries as well as the talent level of Gibbs. I think we have enough back there to ease the blow and the Oline should have success push UCF’s Dline. They’re not as physical or talented as FSU.
This is the secondaries chance to really show out! They could be the ones that ultimately decide the game.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Losing Mason (If true) hurts but I think Griffin gives us that speed/power mix that JPM does. Plus what I saw out of Smith eases my worries as well as the talent level of Gibbs. I think we have enough back there to ease the blow and the Oline should have success push UCF’s Dline. They’re not as physical or talented as FSU.
This is the secondaries chance to really show out! They could be the ones that ultimately decide the game.
I personally think Gibbs is a game breaker this game. If he can do one/third of what he did in high school this Saturday... PHEW! If we can get him in the ball in space he may end up with 150+ all purpose yards.

Deleted member 2897

I’m honestly confused with this UCF talk..we blow them out 31-14.

My opinion is their 10-3 last year was a mirage and they are not the good team from 2017. They are more like the 6-7 team from 2016. Last year they only beat 1 P5 team...a team that was 4-8. I think they are probably a top 3 AAC team. If they played in a P5 conference, they’d probably be a 0.500 team.

I also think we shouldn’t extrapolate our game last week into somehow some giant killing team. Are we a 3-win team? Are we a 7-win team? We don’t really know yet. After last year, I think we can’t say. I just looked at the ATL, and 10 of our 11 DL are underclassmen. We are very young.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My opinion is their 10-3 last year was a mirage and they are not the good team from 2017. They are more like the 6-7 team from 2016. Last year they only beat 1 P5 team...a team that was 4-8. I think they are probably a top 3 AAC team. If they played in a P5 conference, they’d probably be a 0.500 team.

It's too early to draw a trendline, but it's definitely possible UCF is in a linear decline under Heupel from where Frost had the program (with a bunch of Key/O'leary recruits, btw). But let's not puff our P5 chests out too much, UCF beat Temple last year 63-21. And Temple beat 'some P5 team' 24-2... :ROFLMAO:😪

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Freshman mistakes will still happen from Sims. The defense probably won't be able to stop their QB (I think he has something like 4,000 yards last year). Gibbs might be the x-factor here, but going with my gut (taking injuries into account). UCF pulls it out by a slim margin, let's go 35-28.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My key to the game: Run the ball down their throats

I think unlike the FSU game, we'll be able establish the run game against UCF. The 1st week performance by the O-Line was not a fluke, and that group will only improve from game to game.

FSU was expected to have one of the best (most talented, at least) DLs in the country. Our OL looked pretty good against them. (But let's not forget we still only managed 16 points.)

UCF's starting DTs are ~25lbs lighter and 2+ inches shorter than FSU's NFL bound-bound group. Similar disparity at DE- but measurables are less telling for DE. FSU has some really talented DEs.

FSU was actually projected to be a top 25 defense on FEI. UCF was projected to be good-not-great. (Offense projections: FSU bad and UCF really good.) It'll be interesting to see how our OL performs against what may be a lesser challenge, for that group at least. (Or maybe FSU is just a mess and our OL is still bad 🤷‍♂️)

If the two opposing DL are as good as was projected, our OL's performance last week would indicate they'll steam roll UCFs DL.