• UCF by 7-13

Votes: 26 12.4%
  • UCF by 14+

Votes: 11 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
UCF fans were easy to root for back in 2017. But I’ve picked up on their fan base being super annoying.
We are bigger. Stronger. (Feels weird to say that)

Home debut for a potential star QB. Hopefully a first career start and debut for J. Gibbs. Let’s put together a complete game and pull the MFin upset

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Some people are sleeping too much on 2kte. CTC talks about these backs in a way that people seem to be ignoring. If our OL shows up ready to play you’re going to see 200+ team rushing yards from us. Bank it.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Packer and Durham is on right now. Tech Is getting SOO MUCH LOVE. It’s so strange but I love it.

more rumblings of Tech being a program on the rise in a hurry.
This weekend is huge. I’m so excited to be excited about this program again.

bos

Helluva Engineer
UCF's offense is far superior to FSU, with a much better QB. I expect this to be a high scoring game.

Bamajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Agree with many of y’all, keeping the UCF offense off the field will be a major factor leading to a GT victory. I think our running game will shine and allow us to control the TOP.

GT-30
UCF-27

Something big is building on the Flats!

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
UCF has been an above average team for the past few seasons, but here are some non-sensationalist facts to consider:
  • They beat one P5 team last year (Stanford) who finished 4-8
  • They did not start having full practice till 8/21 this year (read on another thread/board, haven't confirmed for myself)
  • 2020 247 Talent Composite Team ratings: FSU 15th, GT 30th, UCF 61st (not saying talent is everything, and we all know UCF punches above their weight)
  • They lost 2 of their top receivers (one was a junior with >1200 yards last year and got drafted)
They have some playmakers - the QB is fairly accurate (less so on the road last year), they have some good size on the lines, and their RB Otis Anderson is good. However, they want to come in and run tempo on <1 month of full practice against a team that is almost certainly bigger and more physical than them at most positions. They have a pretty balanced attack on offense, but not a ton of size at WR. As long as we can establish our run game on them (would've been a perfect game to get Mason 20+ carries) and we can contain their run game, I think we are in good shape.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
AJC Cunningham's Weekend Predictions: Picks for Falcons, Georgia Tech, Georgia State
No. 14 Central Florida (-7½) at Georgia Tech

The Yellow Jackets earned an impressive victory at Florida State with freshman quarterback Jeff Sims putting on a show. But the bigger news is that their favorite Ford, the Ramblin' Wreck, won approval to lead the Jackets out of the tunnel for this game. AJC Tech beat writer Ken Sugiura reports that Wreck driver Abi Ivemeyer’s proposal cited the vehicle’s “history of abrupt and unanticipated mechanical malfunctions” so keep that old jalopy far away from Sims.

UCF saw 10 players opt out before the season. Only two of those players were projected starters, both on defense. Depth along both lines is a question, but Knights quarterback Dillon Gabriel will fare better than FSU’s James Blackman. Jackets lose, but cover.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I picked us to win a close game last week, so I will do the same this week. UCF is better than FSU though. If Pitt of last year can beat them, I think we have a shot this year. GT 27 - UCF 24

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Some people are sleeping too much on 2kte. CTC talks about these backs in a way that people seem to be ignoring. If our OL shows up ready to play you’re going to see 200+ team rushing yards from us. Bank it.

Here we go. Midtown...love ya man but for those of us who are old and not quite up on the lingo. Pray, who or what is this "2kte"? CTC is Coach Choice I presume. Why would people ignore what the position coach would say about his guys? Just being stupid or clueless I guess.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I picked us to win a close game last week, so I will do the same this week. UCF is better than FSU though. If Pitt of last year can beat them, I think we have a shot this year. GT 27 - UCF 24

That is one way of looking at it. If this game becomes a track meet, I do not see us winning and the potential is there for a blowout if we commit turnovers. That said, if we can get this game into the fourth quarter, that hurry up offense just might start misfiring and we can grind them up with Mason, Gibbs, and the sophomore from Rome whose name escapes me. Just win baby, I am not into style points and close only counts in horseshoes.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
UCF has been an above average team for the past few seasons, but here are some non-sensationalist facts to consider:
  • They beat one P5 team last year (Stanford) who finished 4-8
  • They did not start having full practice till 8/21 this year (read on another thread/board, haven't confirmed for myself)
  • 2020 247 Talent Composite Team ratings: FSU 15th, GT 30th, UCF 61st (not saying talent is everything, and we all know UCF punches above their weight)
  • They lost 2 of their top receivers (one was a junior with >1200 yards last year and got drafted)
They have some playmakers - the QB is fairly accurate (less so on the road last year), they have some good size on the lines, and their RB Otis Anderson is good. However, they want to come in and run tempo on <1 month of full practice against a team that is almost certainly bigger and more physical than them at most positions. They have a pretty balanced attack on offense, but not a ton of size at WR. As long as we can establish our run game on them (would've been a perfect game to get Mason 20+ carries) and we can contain their run game, I think we are in good shape.

Both of those receivers they lost were good but the one that went into the NFL was something else. Watching a couple of their games from last year, every time I could see him the SOB was running free in someone's secondary although to tell the truth, there were times when the biggest problem the quarterback had was deciding who to throw it to because they were all open. Glad he is plying his wares someplace else.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Here we go. Midtown...love ya man but for those of us who are old and not quite up on the lingo. Pray, who or what is this "2kte"? CTC is Coach Choice I presume. Why would people ignore what the position coach would say about his guys? Just being stupid or clueless I guess.
Haha sorry, that’s apparently what Coach Choice calls Dontae Smith. I was just saying this running backs room is loaded. I want to see Gibbs and I hope Mason is alright because they are both studs, just saying we have depth here with guys who could get legitimate snaps most places in the ACC

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Haha sorry, that’s apparently what Coach Choice calls Dontae Smith. I was just saying this running backs room is loaded. I want to see Gibbs and I hope Mason is alright because they are both studs, just saying we have depth here with guys who could get legitimate snaps most places in the ACC
Thank you for enlightening an old timer that is slow on the uptake. Man, that is a talented running back room. I read that Dontae is doing good things so his time is coming.