We are going to smoke South Florida

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
I like CPJ and cgc. The handful of people turning everything into a negative about cpj and the other handful turning things into negatives about cgc because they are mad at the cpj haters are all driving me nuts.. I love tech and want to win. To hell with any agenda. If running every play brings a win, then fine. I don’t think the new staff lied about the offense. It was a spread. This is silly to continue to have this discussion. I might read some Tennessee threads to cheer up

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Because the CPJ haters are now the CGC idolizers......hence he can do no wrong....it will be the players fault, CPJ's fault, the fans scaring away recruits, etc etc.
and your and others' continual commentary isn't helping. Stop fanning the flames and maybe the fire will die down.

Everyone needs to step back and stop getting sucked into this CPJ vs. CGC argument that is very tired at this point.

@Animal02 I'm not saying you're wrong, just that it's not advancing anything.

Animal02

Banned
and your and others' continual commentary isn't helping. Stop fanning the flames and maybe the fire will die down.

Everyone needs to step back and stop getting sucked into this CPJ vs. CGC argument that is very tired at this point.

I have been called everything under the sun as well as several other long term posters by the group think crowd. They cannot bear to hear anything negative about their Messiah.......it is rather comical watching their contortions.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
The bottom line is that the defense needs to step up to win this game. The offense is what it is; We probably have the most unbalanced P-5 roster of all the P-5 teams. We have a ton of talent, but it’s gonna take some rhythm and reps to get there.

I’m damn tired of the PJ/ CGC comparisons. Let’s just support the team and shut up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Animal02

Banned

I will add that no one that I know of has wished CGC or the team to fail, despite all the claims by the Kool aid crew. This is quite the case of projection because it was quite obvious how many wanted and hoped for failure over the last 11 years. If we hated CGC so much, why are myself and others expecting a 6-6ish season while the idolizers are at 3 and throwing the players under the bus?

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
But it flies against the narrative that's been crammed down our throats all offseason. Be honest, when you saw TO take the field on our first possession, you weren't going wtf? And then when he stayed out there all half except for the final minute.... and then when he came out in the second half.......
No, I wasn't. It's what I was expecting. It's like the frog in water over ever increasing heat. Against Clemson, we needed to run clock to shorten the game.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When i saw TO miss on several passes, it was away from receiver on safe side. It was waycAWAY from defender. This reminded me of TQM who would be damn sure to not have a turn over ( coach didnt like errors.).

I am going to wait to see if he does a lot better when not playing a super factory tean.

All this discussion about the importance of quickly displaying the transformed offense seems a bit over blown.

The excitment in my opinion is on the defense- lots of very young players. Pretty agressive defense as promised.

I leave for atlanta in 56 hours. Cant wait to see bds with the yellow jackets swarming round.

It will be hard to not see the ol firing out and mixing it up, the mesh, the pull, then the force, and then.... and then its over.

Dpjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
USF is in a tailspin. They look even worse than they did last year. Tech inexplicably gave that game away to them last year. We should have beaten them by two TDs last year and should win by 2 this year.

To those having a tizzy over the QB spot. Chill. We have 3 we can succeed with. 2 appear to have separated from #3. Yates will redshirt.

The coaches may not list who is starting but you can bet they know who will start.

Strictly speaking, there’s nothing in fact that we will have success with any one of the three. I’m fine for optimism but let’s not get carried with hope and hyperbole.

With respect to CGC stating already to play the Three, that just indicates he doesn’t have a damn clue what to do and is just rolling the dice on getting lucky.

It is what it is at the moment, gents.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Strictly speaking, there’s nothing in fact that we will have success with any one of the three. I’m fine for optimism but let’s not get carried with hope and hyperbole.

With respect to CGC stating already to play the Three, that just indicates he doesn’t have a damn clue what to do and is just rolling the dice on getting lucky.

It is what it is at the moment, gents.

We shall see.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I will add that no one that I know of has wished CGC or the team to fail, despite all the claims by the Kool aid crew. This is quite the case of projection because it was quite obvious how many wanted and hoped for failure over the last 11 years. If we hated CGC so much, why are myself and others expecting a 6-6ish season while the idolizers are at 3 and throwing the players under the bus?

I have never rooted against Ga Tech and the only way I can imagine myself ever rooting against us is if I ever have a son who plays football and was to play against us. That’s literally the only way I can imagine it. I never thought anyone, no matter how much they disliked a coach, could root against your team, regardless of which team or which fanbase.

But then I met a new friend two years ago. I find out he’s an alum and has had season tickets in the family for years. Grew up going to the games yada yada. I tell him if he ever has unused tickets let me know...he tells me I can have all the tickets for four games. I’m shocked. His response: “my number one team right now is whoever we play until Paul’s gone”. I couldn’t believe it.

I would never assume anyone here is like that about any coach, but if we do have fans like that, that’s pretty awful, especially in CGC case. He hasn’t even had a fair shake at the stick yet.

Animal02

Banned
I have never rooted against Ga Tech and the only way I can imagine myself ever rooting against us is if I ever have a son who plays football and was to play against us. That’s literally the only way I can imagine it. I never thought anyone, no matter how much they disliked a coach, could root against your team, regardless of which team or which fanbase.

But then I met a new friend two years ago. I find out he’s an alum and has had season tickets in the family for years. Grew up going to the games yada yada. I tell him if he ever has unused tickets let me know...he tells me I can have all the tickets for four games. I’m shocked. His response: “my number one team right now is whoever we play until Paul’s gone”. I couldn’t believe it.

I would never assume anyone here is like that about any coach, but if we do have fans like that, that’s pretty awful, especially in CGC case. He hasn’t even had a fair shake at the stick yet.
I he known as "wrecks" ;)

My concern (which nobody is talking about) is the Bulls play last year where we force the QB out of the pocket and he runs for whatever he needs, over and over. That is my memory of our defeat last year. I hope we have a new plan to stop that play.

You may have a point here. Trevor ran on us like the next coming of CJ Spiller in the first half. Hope we can fix that by Saturday.