#WCUvsGT Postgame Discussion

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
It’s part of what I feel has been a problem with the team in general the last three years. They do some stuff very well, but they do a lot of fundamental things very poorly, often show a lack of discipline, and just generally don’t seem to have strong leadership from the staff or the players. I think Sims suffered from poor (or maybe even lack of) position coaching the past couple years. I was hoping Weinke would help with that - and he still may, as it’s only been two games.

But I’m happy we won. Haven’t done that very often recently. Beggars can’t be choosers.
Heard a blurb yesterday about Sarkesian. He said he didn’t know what discipline was until he coached under Saban.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yes, again. The number one thing I have disliked about Collins's approach from the start is that the team doesn't look like it has its mind on the field during games. And, by extension, neither does the coaching staff. I'm a fossil, I know; the coaches I played under didn't allow anything but a serious approach to the game, on and off the field. That was one reason I liked both Chan and Paul and was indifferent about Pepper. You put your cleats on and you get resady to play ball. Everything else is unnecessary and distracting. And if you get chewed out, it's because you missed an assignment and nothing else.

JacketFan137

Banned
The problem is made worse by you and a few others with the false confirmation bias that a lot of people are only rooting for CGC to fail. People are SO sick of losing and CGC has so far shown that he is a terrible hire and terrible coach. So they are expecting the inevitable and CGC has a proven track record to support that.

Now I still think we are in for a 6+ win season. But I can see how others are still expecting yet another repeat of 3 wins.

CGC needs to win and change what a lot of fans think about him. A lot of the negative fans also have their confirmation bias.

But it is really poor form to keep attacking other fans and you really need to give it a rest and let the season play out. You come across more like you are trying to create angst between fans FYI more like a troll than a fan.
I think we have a really good shot at beating Ole Miss.
and here you go personally attacking someone because you disagree. really classless

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I had a commitment and couldn't watch the game until well into the 4th quarter. Charlie made an int and almost took it for a TD. Three plays for hardly any gain and a missed FG. There was a totally missed block on the CB by our WR that could have gone for a a first or even a TD by Sims. Said a lot to me about lack of effort to block by our WR. He would sit for a while if I was the coach. Houston we have a problem.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Well, I was pleased that the team didn't look like they were playing a scrimmage game. Somewhat flat, but that could be because of the short week.

Overall, we are still where I thought we would be. There was some good in this game, and there were some things that need to be improved upon. I still think it will be after the Pitt game before we really know what this year's team will be capable of.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I had a commitment and couldn't watch the game until well into the 4th quarter. Charlie made an int and almost took it for a TD. Three plays for hardly any gain and a missed FG. There was a totally missed block on the CB by our WR that could have gone for a a first or even a TD by Sims. Said a lot to me about lack of effort to block by our WR. He would sit for a while if I was the coach. Houston we have a problem.
That was one play that really stood out for me. Ran it back to the 12 yd line , 3 plays gained 1 yd. A TD would have beat the spread for our betting fans. Saban would have made sure of a TD there for Bama fans !

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
That was one play that really stood out for me. Ran it back to the 12 yd line , 3 plays gained 1 yd. A TD would have beat the spread for our betting fans. Saban would have made sure of a TD there for Bama fans !
Would he? He certainly didn't cover against UT

Blue&Gold1034

Georgia Tech Fan
Also, in total sports revenue, KY is almost 50% higher. I don't know that I trust the breakdowns on that site. Different schools put dollars in different buckets. KY might put some things in non-sport specific revenue that GT puts in football revenue. The Knight report is probably better, and the USA Today information is probably better. (even though USA Today actually states that different schools report the numbers differently.)
Sportico uses the numbers from the financial reporting that the NCAA request from every school. Also, from a quick comparison on the Knight reports, the numbers are identical. I cant find any sport by sport breakdown on the Knight report, but I've only taken a few glances at the site.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
From the Georgia Tech website the listed attendance was 36,486. From where I sat, I do not think the stadium was over half full, but could be wrong.

The student section had more fans than usual, so good for them for showing up.

GTBlaze

Banned
A win is a win, and a needed one especially on 4 days rest.
But boy collins and co still know how to make fcs games an emotional roller coaster. Need thacker to clean up the D and stop letting Jeff Simms go deep please
It wasn’t emotional at all for me. If we won, great.. if we lost, 1 game closer to firing CGC

I absolutely hate that mentality but we are now gearing up for three straight loses over these next three games. Noway we will be competitive during this stretch. It’s going to get ugly

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
From the Georgia Tech website the listed attendance was 36,486. From where I sat, I do not think the stadium was over half full, but could be wrong.

That number would be the # of tickets sold, not the number that were in the stands.
All schools report tickets sold rather than # of people that pass through the turnstile.
There was a good article on this last year. I believe the avg attendance for college football games was somewhere in the 70% of tickets sold. Obviously some schools do better and some worse.
But take the official number and reduce it by 20-25% and that is probably closer to the real attendance.

JacketFan137

Banned

felt like a lot of people were not in their seats and/or left early. i was at the game late and saw people walking out when i was walking in

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos

I think 36k is overestimating if that is thru the turnstiles