Watching Temple vs Duke,,,,Impressive!!

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m sure it’s been leaked, but the difference to me between knowing tonight vs tomorrow (or next week) isn’t that much.

While we’re in a dead period and not coaching, it doesn’t affect the players or the play, either.

Went and looked at the “20 hour rule”: https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/20-Hour-Rule-Document.pdf . Only 8 hours per week off season, and the strength coach technically can’t even tell the coaches what they saw in training. The new coaches can’t do much right now, afaik.
I appreciate when people do their homework and bring solid information to discussions. Thanks!

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Time will tell. CGC isn’t exactly thrilled to have 15 running backs on roster.

To be fair - he has ~15 quarterbacks on the roster who have been playing RB at Tech. CPJ’s standard MO was to recruit QBs and athletes who were versatile enough to play various positions where needed.

That being said, I think we’re still somewhat built for the option at the skill positions, but with our TE recruits we’ve filled some gaps. The OL is what worries me the most.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
How many unanswered points did duke put on them? 30-35?
Duke beat us 28-14. Beat them 56-27. That's nearly an equal 2:1 scale. If you consider the adjustment for number of possessions due to differing offensive styles (I'm sure some stat geek can come up with an in-game FEI), it was an equal beat down. Against Temple talent as opposed to ours. Very similar game to ours vs. Duke. Temple was ahead in the 1st half quite a bit. When the wheels came off, it fell apart in the 3rd quarter.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Per this mornings article in the AJC, Kerry Dixon was rated a Top 25 Recruiter by Rivals in 2016 ...
I really hope all of these great recruiters are able to help GT win. However, recruiting well at the University of Florida, which has never had much trouble recruiting, doesn’t impress me. We do need to do better recruiting, but we’re a long way from being able to out recruit our competition, and we’re going to have to coach better than them to make up the difference. Assuming we had the recruiting budget that we need (we don’t), we still have to convince NFL level prospects that the academic rigors of GT are a benefit to their future, and not an unnecessary hurdle between them and the NFL. And then IF we start to recruit with the big boys, here comes the NCAA investigation because recruiting like that at GT is just suspicious. GT does have some recruiting advantages, And I hope GT will put up the $$$ to cast a wider net. Hopefully I’m completely wrong and we start to see unprecedented recruiting and winning. However, I’m not excited by the coaching (actual coaching, not recruiting) accomplishments of anyone who has been hired or any of the rumored candidates.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Duke beat us 28-14. Beat them 56-27. That's nearly an equal 2:1 scale. If you consider the adjustment for number of possessions due to differing offensive styles (I'm sure some stat geek can come up with an in-game FEI), it was an equal beat down. Against Temple talent as opposed to ours. Very similar game to ours vs. Duke. Temple was ahead in the 1st half quite a bit. When the wheels came off, it fell apart in the 3rd quarter.
Yes, when I turned the game on Temple had already scored their 27 points and were ahead by 7 or 8 (?) in the 1st half and didn't score again.

Edit: I just went back and checked... Duke put 42 unanswered on them. Temple lead 27-14 with 4:26 left in the first half.

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Yes, when I turned the game on Temple had already scored their 27 points and were ahead by 7 or 8 (?) in the 1st half and didn't score again.

Edit: I just went back and checked... Duke put 42 unanswered on them. Temple lead 27-14 with 4:26 left in the first half.
Duke wanted to be at that Bowl Game a hell of a lot more than Temple did and that had a huge impact on the game:cigar:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

2 touchdowns vs 4.......Are you becoming a proponent of a ball control offense like we’ve had or just trying to make some other reach of logic?