Wake Forest Postgame Discussion

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
If we coulda got a little pressure on there qb they would have scored about 6 points, not sure if they were holding or what but our pass rush was almost non-existent. I'm still very pleased with D in the 2nd half, the 4th down stops were huge!

Kareem

Banned
Lol. After Griffin made the INT, looked like AJ made a mocking motion of intercepting the ball as if to say "Bro...that was my INT!"

Pretty sure they'll joke about in the DB meetings this week.
What they're going to joke about is that he didn't drop it like he did in other games when the ball hit him in hands. I believe that was what the big hug coach McCollum gave him on the sideline was all about. #speculation

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Shout out to Shamire Devine for working very hard out there, Bruce Jordan-Swilling and Victor Alexander for stepping up, and Corey Griffin for finally getting a INT.

Yep. Shamire was a man out there. One time he was on the ground and Benson leaned over to help him up. I thought watch it Kirvonte don't give yourself a hernia there. Swilling and Victor popped some people last night for sure. Very proud of how our guys came back on both sides of the ball to play an outstanding second half against an underrated Wake Forest team.

LloydC

Georgia Tech Fan
Ok guys, I was relegated to watching from my cellphone but I saw Wake's coach losing his dang mind on the sideline after a play and I don't think the announcers said why and no one asked in the post game. I thought maybe he saw some extra curriculars from our guys after the whistle (couldn't think of anything else it could be), but didn't see anything.

Anybody know?

He was mad because the Austin twins were all over one of their wrs before/during/after the griffin interception. The wr had been jawing at Step while he was injured and walking off the field the play before. Austins took exception (rightfully so) and paid extra close “attention” to the idiot the next play.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Yes, there was stuff happening after the end of the game....saw staff hold back a couple of players during the hand shaking.

Both of these teams really wanted this game. Yes, it was "chippy" as the expression goes but this isn't soccer we are talking about here. Wake is similar to us in that they depend heavily on execution of blocks on offense and limiting mistakes as much as possible because they really lack play makers. It is a tough way to make a living but it can be done. Kind of surprised that we gained 495 yards on them. They are a pretty tough bunch.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
He was mad because the Austin twins were all over one of their wrs before/during/after the griffin interception. The wr had been jawing at Step while he was injured and walking off the field the play before. Austins took exception (rightfully so) and paid extra close “attention” to the idiot the next play.

Yes, there was a lot of jawing back and forth between DBs and WRs during the game. They tend to do that a lot anyway. The Wake coach was really ticked at the fourth down pass that AJ knocked down at the last second. He thought pass interference should have been called.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I was pleasantly surprised with the kicking game. Punting was exceptional, although only twice. King had good KO and made 2 FGs. Didn't see the blocked PAT, though. Also, our defensive adjustments in the 2nd half were better, but wish we had a dominant pass rusher and more mobile LBs for defending underneath passing game. I can dream, right?

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe I missed it, but what surprised me is that Wake did not run any bubble screens after all the trouble we had with it against Miami. BTW, I think Miami just ran another one.
I watched some of the Miami game versus Cuse. I must have seen 6 or 8 of those dadgum bubble screens in the 15 minutes or so that I watched.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I was pleasantly surprised with the kicking game. Punting was exceptional, although only twice. King had good KO and made 2 FGs. Didn't see the blocked PAT, though. Also, our defensive adjustments in the 2nd half were better, but wish we had a dominant pass rusher and more mobile LBs for defending underneath passing game. I can dream, right?
It was a bad snap and subsequent hold on the PAT.

Kareem

Banned
Wake fans were complaining that the refs didn't call false starts on Tech because " we we're doing it on every play," :whistle:
No actually our snap count is a "cheat" snap count. You'll notice many many times you'll see Tech offensive linemen taking off at qtr of a count before the snap. If you've never played before you might have a hard time grasping what I'm saying but I'm sure you have seen it. Lee was a full count early. Most of the time Wake's linemen were a half a count early however there was definitely one that the refs missed.

Coachbraun72

Georgia Tech Fan
One of the only cases where being there made it easier to tell what happened. On the INT, someone peeled back and wiped out Wake’s #75. It is an OL biggest fear, the blind side after an INT. They made that a focus this year to penalize it.
The Wake coaches seemed a little stunned about the second half...like they whipping our tails and then suddenly down 2 scores and the game was out of reach so they were just finding stuff to be upset about.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Ok guys, I was relegated to watching from my cellphone but I saw Wake's coach losing his dang mind on the sideline after a play and I don't think the announcers said why and no one asked in the post game. I thought maybe he saw some extra curriculars from our guys after the whistle (couldn't think of anything else it could be), but didn't see anything.

Anybody know?

If you are talking about towards end of game, the Official announced a timeout by WF when, in fact, we had an injured player and that was why it should have been announced as an Officials Time Out.

I think that is what you are referring to.

jacobchbe

Jolly Good Fellow
pQgklX.gif