Wake Forest Postgame Discussion

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer

CPJ Likes being interviewed by Roddy and it shows. (as long as you know what to look for with CPJ)

Hey @John any idea why the ESPN Media fetch isn't embedding?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
pQgklX.gif
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Animal02

Banned
No actually our snap count is a "cheat" snap count. You'll notice many many times you'll see Tech offensive linemen taking off at qtr of a count before the snap. If you've never played before you might have a hard time grasping what I'm saying but I'm sure you have seen it. Lee was a full count early. Most of the time Wake's linemen were a half a count early however there was definitely one that the refs missed.
I played center...no cheat on the snap for me....:D

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
dis n dat.... and injuries

can anybody picture coach cpj in thigh high leather boots with spiked heels and pointed toes? heh. after our great 2nd half start that was the first thought that came into my mind. surely he must have put them on and kicked some a$$ in the locker rooom at the half.

in hind site this actually works out well. had we rolled over wf the whole game we would have gone into clemson thinking our losses were flukes. no. our losses pointed out our weaknesses. now... we go into the clemson game with some momentum while realizing we STILL have a lot of improving to do. win win.

as far as a few players laughing when we were getting the snot beat out of us? weve had this happen before. coach has even remarked on it in the past while shd in dismay. i do think that when the coaches see this poor attitude it reflects on the where that player is placed in the depth chart. can you imagine a player on the bama bench laughing during a tide loss? i cant.

imo i think this issue should be addressed by the 3 captains. the coaches can demote that player and the captains should pull them aside and ask them whats up with that? i do believe that players that have done that have ended up going elsewhere. to work for months ... to work through blood sweat tears and injuries. giving up sleeping late. giving up summer vacation time. etc and have a fellow team mate whooping it up when in that situation? time for an attitude adjustment by the captains.

we are now ranked 18 in the updated sagrin poll. sos is 51 and fixing to get much tougher. up coming opponents clemson.... uga... vt are all ranked in the top 13 of the polls. ucf is now at 6-0 and ranked in the top 20. fyi uga sos is no 54. heh.

current record of 7 opponents (including ucf) to date.. 26-16. record of remaining 5 opponents 28-8. ouch.

sagrin conf rankings.. sec west no 1..acc atlantic is no 3. acc coastal is no 6 and the SEC EAST IS no 9.

wake forest is a good team imo.

in lieu of a nc id be happy to play ucf in the orange bowl as a bowl game if they continue winning.

with the new qb our team is estabilshing its identity one game at a time. we are 4 points from being 6-0.

very happy with the 2nd half. very happy.

not sure what happened to the white out? anybody see the penn state white out?

and a shout out to all you fellow buckeye fans. you know who you are. im sure we were all pleased to see michigan take a lot of lumps. heh

my two teams have a very difficult schedule next week. psu and clemson. here's hoping we go 2-0.

go jackets
go buekeyes

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
After watching the game was it me or did WF make a bunch of late blocks after the whistle when our guys sort of let up since the play was over. Real flagrant one late in the game and caused an injury. Didn't see the number but seemed to recover. I have lost my respect for WF. Usually team takes personality of the coach.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
After watching the game was it me or did WF make a bunch of late blocks after the whistle when our guys sort of let up since the play was over. Real flagrant one late in the game and caused an injury. Didn't see the number but seemed to recover. I have lost my respect for WF. Usually team takes personality of the coach.
The hit at the end of the game was on Step Durham. He got up and walked off on his own power.

not sure what happened to the white out? anybody see the penn state white out?
Remember, this was only proposed on Wednesday or Thursday by the players. The word didn't get around enough, and Tech, true to form, didn't send out any emails regarding it. Under the circumstances, I would say that the fans did a pretty good job of spreading the word. There WAS a lot of white there, but not nearly enough to make it a true white-out. Hell, even the students weren't uniformly dressed in white, and I consider that pretty pathetic.

Animal02

Banned
Wasn't you, the last one happened right in front of me as well as a referee. The east stands were not happy about the no call.

Last edited:

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Remember, this was only proposed on Wednesday or Thursday by the players. The word didn't get around enough, and Tech, true to form, didn't send out any emails regarding it. Under the circumstances, I would say that the fans did a pretty good job of spreading the word. There WAS a lot of white there, but not nearly enough to make it a true white-out. Hell, even the students weren't uniformly dressed in white, and I consider that pretty pathetic.
At least they showed up for the game.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
On Marshall's last TD there was tremendous blocking, both by the OL and the skill guys.

Searcy, Juene and Stewart all hustled downfield and made outstanding blocks to spring Taquon. Very nicely executed play by the offense.
Will Bryan- got the lb in open field- he can play tackle and guard - what ever team requires.
IMO, that could be the turning point for season.

We are back to Chip on shoulder mentality but w razor thin depth at tackle
20171022_173715_resized.jpg

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
The hit on Step should have been called as targeting. Dude launched himself and hit Step in the side of the head with the crown of his helmet. Maybe @Longestday could make a gif out of it.
I could be remembering wrong,but I think Simmons took a late shot on that tackle right after step got hit by him. If that was the case, with the game in hand,I was glad to see our guy standing up for him.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Roddy Jones made ESPN watchable without mute.

(Just now getting to intranet after last night's game. Haven't read through all of the comments yet, and after being at he game last night, just finished up watching the DVR recording... with that...)

Roddy added a great bit of insight and the announcers commended and appreciated the information he was able to provide. It WAS VERY NICE to actually hear knowledgeable comments about the offense and it's nuances.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Anybody else notice that the refs seemed to miss multiple false starts on Wake’s OL? Specifically one on Wake’s next to last drive.

My comment from the stands and when leaving to multiple folks that the refs were going to be startled by the game that took place and not the one they "called". Holding on the botched snap, false starts to name two things they didn't "notice".

jacobchbe

Jolly Good Fellow
During one segment they brought up the not built for 3rd and long cliche, but admitted they were corrected by Roddy prior to the game.