Wake Forest Postgame Discussion

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Jahaziel Lee seems to get a false start every game. BUT, it also never appears to be one of the 'I forgot what the cadence was'. Its just his being super aggressive. I am okay with that. His being upset was probably just the flow of the game at that point. In the second half after one of our scores he was just lit - like seriously he could have spontaneously combusted at one point, just completely turnt up. I think he is just super passionate. I'll take him and the rest of our line all day.

When Vic hit that sack in the video, that may have been the loudest I've heard Bobby Dodd since the Florida State blocked kick.

Our downfield blocking is world class. I mean seriously. All year once our guys get to the second level, the safeties are rendered completely impotent. Even across the field - like that last run where Brad Stewart chased his guy blocking all the way across and down the field.

I love our team and wouldn't trade for anybody over them.
Agree completely. Our downfield blocking is the best it’s ever been under CPJ. Watch Brad Stuart on that last touchdown and you’ll see why he starts even though he has very few catches on the year.

Last edited:

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
J
Our downfield blocking is world class. I mean seriously. All year once our guys get to the second level, the safeties are rendered completely impotent. Even across the field - like that last run where Brad Stewart chased his guy blocking all the way across and down the field.

I love our team and wouldn't trade for anybody over them.

The broadcast team on ESPN actually brought up our WR blocking. I think it was Anish (?) that mentioned a Q&A with CPJ and what his spiel was recruiting wide receivers. He said that CPJ hears from the NFL coaches that they know a WR from GT can block. (Take that, buttcliffe!)

This was probably the best non-GT crew I've heard in a while (thank you Roddy!!!!!) It sounded like the two guys in the booth actually made an effort to understand our offense this time. They even dug up a stat on Heisman I hadn't heard before, though probably some of y'all have. (I didn't know he was the first paid college sports coach.)

slugboy

Staff member
I watched on TV. During the game, the announcers said Dave Clawson redshirts most of his offensive and defensive lines to get old and big.
How is it he keeps linemen for 5 years and our guys graduate after 3 1/2?

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Didn't get to see much of the first half but Jahaziel Lee played great in the second half. He wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I saw him clearing the way on a lot of those looking runs.

3 points on Lee:
He did some great run blocking on several occasions.
He got beat bad on occasions on pass protection
He is so quick on the snap count that he beats the center and sometimes gets called for early motion.
Overall he means a lot to the success of our O.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Lee may be a little inconsistent at times but I don't think it's ever due to a lack of effort...so I give him kudos whether he makes the block every time or not. Watching him pull from LT and making the block outside the RT is a thing of beauty to me. Our Oline are mind boggling fast on their feet given their size.

That Wake DE is a damn stud. Not many OTs in the country will shut him down. He's a big reason Wake leads the country in TFLs.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone see what the cause was of the unsportsman 15 yard penalty called on Wake in the 4th qrtr? The Wake fans in front of me were super pissed about it

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
SMELTER!!!! GO DOWN!!!

Actually disagree. We don’t have the same defense. This isn’t 2014

It is amazing, when you think about it, that so many GT fans, from recent grads to nearly deads, watching that game in the privacy of their own homes or in bars, all had the same thought at the same time, "Don't score; there's too much time left." I can't think of another time where so many sincere fans of a sports team legitimately didn't want their player to score.

gtg147g

Georgia Tech Fan
It is amazing, when you think about it, that so many GT fans, from recent grads to nearly deads, watching that game in the privacy of their own homes or in bars, all had the same thought at the same time, "Don't score; there's too much time left." I can't think of another time where so many sincere fans of a sports team legitimately didn't want their player to score.

Ok I'm stumped (case of the Mondays?). In Which game were we up late where taking a knee to run out the clock would have been better than Smelter scoring??

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

Totally different situation being up 2 scores so that thought never crossed my mind

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Ok I'm stumped (case of the Mondays?). In Which game were we up late where taking a knee to run out the clock would have been better than Smelter scoring??

Totally different situation being up 2 scores so that thought never crossed my mind

Yeah, sorry, I was responding just to his reference to Smelter, not to any connection that game had or didn't have with our game this past Saturday and what TaQuon should have done.

And to be further clear, I guess that I could have added, "to go ahead," since Smelter's score put us ahead at the time.

Last edited: