Waffle House Wednesday

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Are you really giving someone grief because he's excited for reasons different than you? My daughter likes my car because it has a gigantic sunroof and I like it for totally different reasons. Should I be complaining that she doesn't like it because of the ABS, the fuel efficiency, the sportiness, the color, the comfort, etc...? Or should I just be glad we both like my car?

I don't have a problem with someone getting excited about something, but I do have a problem with someone taking passive aggressive swipes repeatedly across several threads. I mean we all get it, he doesn't like how CGC operates and probably is a little sore CGC isn't Paul Johnson...the board doesn't need to :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: at all his comments snidely taking swipes at the staff any time someone is excited about something CGC does. Which I guess is what you're saying I'm doing with his comment, right? So hopefully now you understand where I'm coming from.

Milwaukee

Banned
Are you really giving someone grief because he's excited for reasons different than you? My daughter likes my car because it has a gigantic sunroof and I like it for totally different reasons. Should I be complaining that she doesn't like it because of the ABS, the fuel efficiency, the sportiness, the color, the comfort, etc...? Or should I just be glad we both like my car?

Stop being purposely naive. That's not even close to what is happening. Someone is taking their backhanded shots and Techster is calling them on it. You already know that, so don't try to muddy the water.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I don't have a problem with someone getting excited about something, but I do have a problem with someone taking passive aggressive swipes repeatedly across several threads. I mean we all get it, he doesn't like how CGC operates and probably is a little sore CGC isn't Paul Johnson...the board doesn't need to :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: at all his comments snidely taking swipes at the staff any time someone is excited about something CGC does. Which I guess is what you're saying I'm doing with his comment, right? So hopefully now you understand where I'm coming from.

I understood where you were coming from before. I think you're feeding the monster by the way you respond. My point is to stop engaging, leave it out there, and if that happens to get him excited then let it get him excited and don't let it get to you.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Stop being purposely naive. That's not even close to what is happening. Someone is taking their backhanded shots and Techster is calling them on it. You already know that, so don't try to muddy the water.

It's not naivete. I'm well aware of the poster's jabs. By constantly responding and engaging you guys are the ones muddying the waters. If you leave the waters alone they will clear up. My point wasn't that the poster is all happy. My point was that maybe it's time to stop trying so hard to push the rope and instead pull WITH it in this instance and maybe, despite it being highly unlikely, the poster will realize nobody gives a crap about any backhanded point he's trying to make because it's so silly. And if the poster doesn't realize it then that's fine with me. Don't pay attention and let him piss in the wind.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I understood where you were coming from before. I think you're feeding the monster by the way you respond. My point is to stop engaging, leave it out there, and if that happens to get him excited then let it get him excited and don't let it get to you.

I can respect that. I just like giving Cheese a hard time every time he...well, does anything. :)

Milwaukee

Banned
It's not naivete. I'm well aware of the poster's jabs. By constantly responding and engaging you guys are the ones muddying the waters. If you leave the waters alone they will clear up. My point wasn't that the poster is all happy. My point was that maybe it's time to stop trying so hard to push the rope and instead pull WITH it in this instance and maybe, despite it being highly unlikely, the poster will realize nobody gives a crap about any backhanded point he's trying to make because it's so silly. And if the poster doesn't realize it then that's fine with me. Don't pay attention and let him piss in the wind.

Very good point as well.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Why was CGC not at waffle house?

Did the meeting at legislature plan itself?

Or as Choice said "cgc is 2 steps ahead".

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Tashard still looks like he could run for thousand yards, and Roddy could probably still take out some kneecaps out on the edge.

Really cool seeing 2 RBs from different eras.

Just so everyone is clear where the passive aggressive sniping at another coaching staff started. :whistle:

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer

"The three wins against uGA" *smirks*

tenor.gif

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I've been working with a trainer for 16 months now and still don't have guns like that.

<picking up barbell sitting all lonely-like next to my desk...>

EDIT: Public Service Announcement - Don't go try to do pullups right after you've downed an after-work 9.2% beer...