Waffle House Wednesday

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Man, TC is special. I hope we can keep him around for a while but if he has major success recruiting and coaching RB's he'll be a fast mover.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
:rolleyes: Backatcha broseph! ;)

Just want to hear your thought process on your "He’s why I have hope for this crew" remark.

This is not a knock on TC, as we all know he was an OUTSTANDING player for us and in the NFL, and seems to be a fantastic person who cares about his players as a coach. From a strictly coaching POV, he's only had 2 years of coaching experience at a non-P5 school. He's definitely a rising star in the coaching profession.

Yet he gives you "hope" in a group of coaches that includes a 3 time Broyles Award finalist who coached under Saban, Dan Mullen, and George O'Leary...that consistently fielded VERY good defenses at every school he was a defensive coordinator. Another coach who coached under O'Leary, and Saban and considered one of the best OL coaches in college football and one to of the top recruiters in the nation. Another coach who has broken offensive records at every school he's coached at.

I won't go down the accolades of our other coaches, but those 3 coaches have some stout credentials...yet it's a RB coach who's just broken into this profession that gives you "hope"? Not knocking your choice (no pun intended), just want to know your thought process on this one.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Just want to hear your thought process on your "He’s why I have hope for this crew" remark.

This is not a knock on TC, as we all know he was an OUTSTANDING player for us and in the NFL, and seems to be a fantastic person who cares about his players as a coach. From a strictly coaching POV, he's only had 2 years of coaching experience at a non-P5 school. He's definitely a rising star in the coaching profession.

Yet he gives you "hope" in a group of coaches that includes a 3 time Broyles Award finalist who coached under Saban, Dan Mullen, and George O'Leary...that consistently fielded VERY good defenses at every school he was a defensive coordinator. Another coach who coached under O'Leary, and Saban and considered one of the best OL coaches in college football and one to of the top recruiters in the nation. Another coach who has broken offensive records at every school he's coached at.

I won't go down the accolades of our other coaches, but those 3 coaches have some stout credentials...yet it's a RB coach who's just broken into this profession that gives you "hope"? Not knocking your choice (no pun intended), just want to know your thought process on this one.
He’s real (authentic), a former GT SA and star player who’s passionate about GT and mentoring young men. He’s a former NFL runningback which lends credibility with recruits. On top of all that, he’s a genuine all around likable guy. Oh, and he has as much “heart” as anyone I’ve ever seen come through this place.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
He’s real (authentic), a former GT SA and star player who’s passionate about GT and mentoring young men. He’s a former NFL runningback which lends credibility with recruits. On top of all that, he’s a genuine all around likable guy. Oh, and he has as much “heart” as anyone I’ve ever seen come through this place.

To Add our RB position is about to get a whole lot "simpler" in a sense. Its very likely that 60 to 70 percent of our runs are going to be inside or outside zone. Which menas the focus is on fundamentals and reading a hole, not assignments except in pass protection.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

So really nothing to do with actual coaching, building an offense or defense, building a program, creating structure to help build the GT brand...all the things that make a successful college football organization.

Gotcha.

BTW, Nate Burton, Brent Key, and Marco Coleman are also former GT SAs.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
So really nothing to do with actual coaching, building an offense or defense, building a program, creating structure to help build the GT brand...all the things that make a successful college football organization.

Gotcha.

BTW, Nate Burton, Brent Key, and Marco Coleman are also former GT SAs.

Are you really giving someone grief because he's excited for reasons different than you? My daughter likes my car because it has a gigantic sunroof and I like it for totally different reasons. Should I be complaining that she doesn't like it because of the ABS, the fuel efficiency, the sportiness, the color, the comfort, etc...? Or should I just be glad we both like my car?