VT Predictions

Margin of Victory

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
My definition of an idiot is a one that does the same thing over and over, expecting different results and doesn't learn from their mistakes. Mills is young. I made a ton of mistakes, when I was 18-21... Trust me. One in particular, that I have to live with every day. I chalk this up to more stupid mistake, than idiot. Now, if he does the same thing over again.... that's another story.

Pretty much spot on. He has begun to exhibit a troubling pattern of behavior that he has to address. He has to come to grips with it. No one can do it for him. I have taught high school for 30 years and believe me, I know the signs. My prayer is that a he will assume a more responsible attitude and recognize his obligations to his teammates and more importantly to himself to eliminate this issue and put it behind him in order to move forward.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Once again, this game is about us. Right now I am not sure if the staff has lost the players or not. Body language by the defense the last couple games has been beyond bad, indicating an extreme level of frustration and lack of confidence. If the staff has not lost the players and it has been a good week of practice with a lot of problems fixed and revelations made, then I say we have an even chance to win. If we have indeed lost the players and they do not trust us to have them in position to win, or trust each other to do their assignment, then we have already lost.

VT has more personalities than Sybil (sp?). They have been really good at times and really bad, even within the context of a single game. CFB is not a sport any of us want to bet too much on, for obvious reasons. Just look at the result last night. I respect Bud Foster and his defense, but I do not fear it. Any defensive scheme or tactic against us has its flaws. It can be defeated with good play calls and execution with sound football IQ.

We have a huge matchup problem with their tall guy. (Hodges?) Besides that, it isn't like UNC, where every guy they had could beat every guy we had trying to cover them.

I never consider TECH losing, but rather, only look for reasons we could win. I am going to say our kids have heart and will show up to play. TECH (the real one) 31 - the fakers 27.

Yella-Britches

Georgia Tech Fan
Once again, this game is about us. Right now I am not sure if the staff has lost the players or not. Body language by the defense the last couple games has been beyond bad, indicating an extreme level of frustration and lack of confidence. If the staff has not lost the players and it has been a good week of practice with a lot of problems fixed and revelations made, then I say we have an even chance to win. If we have indeed lost the players and they do not trust us to have them in position to win, or trust each other to do their assignment, then we have already lost.

VT has more personalities than Sybil (sp?). They have been really good at times and really bad, even within the context of a single game. CFB is not a sport any of us want to bet too much on, for obvious reasons. Just look at the result last night. I respect Bud Foster and his defense, but I do not fear it. Any defensive scheme or tactic against us has its flaws. It can be defeated with good play calls and execution with sound football IQ.

We have a huge matchup problem with their tall guy. (Hodges?) Besides that, it isn't like UNC, where every guy they had could beat every guy we had trying to cover them.

I never consider TECH losing, but rather, only look for reasons we could win. I am going to say our kids have heart and will show up to play. TECH (the real one) 31 - the fakers 27.
I surely hope you are right - I find it disappointing that in recent years, no matter how inconsistent the turkies are, they bring their best game when playing the Jackets. Just doesn't seem right - maybe this is the year!!
Go jackets!
THWG!!!

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Winner. And MIND = RITE

And all you guys that picked VPISU - you can . . .

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
haha I'm perfectly happy to eat crow with my prediction. Thought we'd get our *** kicked but we exceeded my expectations in all 3 phases of the game today

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Here's a prediction of what will happen if we win:
JT throws for 270+ yards
VT offense plays like **** (i.e. stops themselves consistently due to nothing our defense is doing)
We are at least +2 on turnovers

Here’s the most likely scenario:
We don’t hit 200 yards rushing.
We are -2 turnovers
We give up 500+ yards
VT converts 9 of 11 3rd downs
We miss 1 FG
We get stuffed on 3 different 3rd & 1 and 4th & 1 tries
We get 0 sacks
Our linebackers cover the wrong lane on at least 2 long runs
VT Wins 38-24
Well let's see here.

We don’t hit 200 yards rushing. WE DID!
We are -2 turnovers WE WERE +3!!
We give up 500+ yards WE DIDN''T!
VT converts 9 of 11 3rd downs UNDER 50%!
We miss 1 FG OUR HOLDER IS TOO GOOD!
We get stuffed on 3 different 3rd & 1 and 4th & 1 tries MATHEBOW JORDAN!
We get 0 sacks 5 SACKS!
Our linebackers cover the wrong lane on at least 2 long runs NOPE!
VT Wins 38-24 DEFINITELY NO!

Mmmmmm yummy crow.

Yella-Britches

Georgia Tech Fan
Well let's see here.

We don’t hit 200 yards rushing. WE DID!
We are -2 turnovers WE WERE +3!!
We give up 500+ yards WE DIDN''T!
VT converts 9 of 11 3rd downs UNDER 50%!
We miss 1 FG OUR HOLDER IS TOO GOOD!
We get stuffed on 3 different 3rd & 1 and 4th & 1 tries MATHEBOW JORDAN!
We get 0 sacks 5 SACKS!
Our linebackers cover the wrong lane on at least 2 long runs NOPE!
VT Wins 38-24 DEFINITELY NO!

Mmmmmm yummy crow.
Me too. Yummy, yummy crow. I'll gladly eat it every time I think the other team will win. I pull for the Jackets every game - this was an ask for who I thought (legitimately) would win - I thought the Jackets would not. I was WRONG - wonderful, wonderful wrong!!

Gooooo JACKETS!
THWG!!!

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I'm glad I was wrong. We didn't play like we have and neither did VT. Hope it continues.

Unfortunately, I'll have to pick GT this weekend .....

Screw that, I predicted a a blowout for the first time last week. I will predict another one so you guys can laugh at me on sunday.