VT Predictions

Margin of Victory

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think we will put up at least 21 and I don't think they will score as much as UNC. I wanna say GT 31-28 but I could see it being VT 34-21

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Prediction:

VT - W
GT - L

Then we have a bunch of the same press talk about what went wrong and how we gotta do a better job coaching it.

Jmonty71

Banned
Prediction:

VT - W
GT - L

Then we have a bunch of the same press talk about what went wrong and how we gotta do a better job coaching it.
That's because we already know that we won't have a game plan to cover Bucky Hodges. We already know that Foster is a DC that attacks and shuts the option down. We already know that we'll make VT's QB look like a Heisman candidate. This we already know... So, yeah...of course, we'll talk about it. Because the coaches did not do anything to prevent this.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Here's a prediction of what will happen if we win:
JT throws for 270+ yards
VT offense plays like **** (i.e. stops themselves consistently due to nothing our defense is doing)
We are at least +2 on turnovers

Here’s the most likely scenario:
We don’t hit 200 yards rushing.
We are -2 turnovers
We give up 500+ yards
VT converts 9 of 11 3rd downs
We miss 1 FG
We get stuffed on 3 different 3rd & 1 and 4th & 1 tries
We get 0 sacks
Our linebackers cover the wrong lane on at least 2 long runs
VT Wins 38-24

Jmonty71

Banned
JT throws for 270+ yards
VT offense plays like **** (i.e. stops themselves consistently due to nothing our defense is doing)

We are -2 turnovers
We give up 500+ yards
We miss 1 FG
We get 0 sacks
VT Wins 38-24
Pretty much spot on. The key is to pass more against VT, as they tend to cram the LOS.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
JT throws for 270+ yards

We are -2 turnovers
We give up 500+ yards
We miss 1 FG
We get 0 sacks
VT Wins 38-24

Looking at past history...one of those scenarios seems more likely than the other.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The high Saturday in Blacksburg is forecast to be 51, so much of the game will be played in the 40s. I will be frozen by halftime and looking forward to getting warm. Not sure what I will do if we are down three scores at that time .

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The team is not passionate about winning. Maybe individual players are. But the team as a whole is not working well as an entire group. It feels to me like the team just wants to finish the year.

Someone above predicted 38-20. This feels right, but it could be worse.

Jmonty71

Banned
What he did was pretty stupid. Whether it approached "idiot" status I will leave to those knowing the exact circumstances. At this point, the young man has his priorities all wrong.
My definition of an idiot is a one that does the same thing over and over, expecting different results and doesn't learn from their mistakes. Mills is young. I made a ton of mistakes, when I was 18-21... Trust me. One in particular, that I have to live with every day. I chalk this up to more stupid mistake, than idiot. Now, if he does the same thing over again.... that's another story.