Virginia

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Hall just needs to start pitching guys for 1 inning. It takes a lot of pressure off when you can tell a guy to get you 3 outs instead of 6 or 9. He also needs to let guys start innings instead of coming into someone else's mess. It's really pretty simple at this point. He also needs to make Roedig closer.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
We have 23 guys listed as full time or part time pitchers on our roster on RR.com. I mean, seriously, why are they there if we just take the same 2 pitchers every game and run them out there inning after inning even when they are clearly fading? How can seemingly every other team in ACC baseball at least be able to hold a lead for a couple of innings occasionally except us? Hughes was overworked last weekend and Tuesday and as soon as he hit the leadoff batter in the 9th, how was he still in the game? You could see exactly what was happening. Try Roedig, Chapman, Lee, Carpenter, Winborne, Shirah. Give someone a chance to stop the same thing from happening game after game. At least if they failed, you tried something different.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Come on guys. Don’t go pushing that panic button, at least wait til after Sunday. So far,a gut wrenching , but at least ,very interesting season. Hopefully we start coming out on the good end of these wild and woolly games. Think I’ll have another beer.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
Come on guys. Don’t go pushing that panic button, at least wait til after Sunday. So far,a gut wrenching , but at least ,very interesting season. Hopefully we start coming out on the good end of these wild and woolly games. Think I’ll have another beer.
I have always supported Hall. However, I go to 7-10 games per year. Typically it’s visiting team fans, our players’ parents and about 50 other Tech fans. That’s getting old.

I think I could coach the team and win half the games. It’s just too easy to get good players in Atlanta. So I’d rather roll the dice and see if another coach could put more butts in the stands.

I think it’s highly unlikely any coach coach win less than Hall so I’m not worried about that. It goes against logic to think that this 7 year downward trend will be reversed without changing anything. I really don’t understand why we don’t make a change.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think last night was a season defining game. Teams develop self images....confidence that they can always compete when they are good....and waiting for something to go wrong when they aren’t. Hall’s mismanagement has put us squarely in the second category.

I honestly think we are now done for the year. We’ll struggle around 0.500 in ACC play, we’ll get crushed in the OOC games vs SEC opponents, and we’ll be on the bubble for an NCAA bid. But if we get it, we’ll be sent to a Regional hosted by one of the best teams in the country and our season will be done. If we don’t get an invite, Hall will complain our strength of schedule should have gotten us in, forgetting that actually have to win some of those games.

Either way, a team with a ton of talent (purportedly) will seriously underachieve again. I don’t see any other possible outcome. At best, Hall will start to search for another closer, but he’ll probably blow 1-2 more games on Hughes and English before he tries that (if he ever does).

Geez. I agree...I wish I could care less. I used to go to 10 games a year. Haven’t been to one game this year and won’t as things stand.

As @bwelbo says, “sad”.

Deleted member 2897

I think last night was a season defining game. Teams develop self images....confidence that they can always compete when they are good....and waiting for something to go wrong when they aren’t. Hall’s mismanagement has put us squarely in the second category.

I honestly think we are now done for the year. We’ll struggle around 0.500 in ACC play, we’ll get crushed in the OOC games vs SEC opponents, and we’ll be on the bubble for an NCAA bid. But if we get it, we’ll be sent to a Regional hosted by one of the best teams in the country and our season will be done. If we don’t get an invite, Hall will complain our strength of schedule should have gotten us in, forgetting that actually have to win some of those games.

Either way, a team with a ton of talent (purportedly) will seriously underachieve again. I don’t see any other possible outcome. At best, Hall will start to search for another closer, but he’ll probably blow 1-2 more games on Hughes and English before he tries that (if he ever does).

Geez. I agree...I wish I could care less. I used to go to 10 games a year. Haven’t been to one game this year and won’t as things stand.

As @bwelbo says, “sad”.

It’s tough man. 2 games won that we gave away in the last inning...out of the last 3 conference games. 1-3 when we should have been 3-1. Can’t fix the past, gotta sweep the weekend and learn something from this. I can just see ADTS reading the game summary and going, “Dang, CDH is such a smart baseball mind. Sad. Oh well”, and then he grabs another cup of coffee and moves on.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
It’s tough man. 2 games won that we gave away in the last inning...out of the last 3 conference games. 1-3 when we should have been 3-1. Can’t fix the past, gotta sweep the weekend and learn something from this. I can just see ADTS reading the game summary and going, “Dang, CDH is such a smart baseball mind. Sad. Oh well”, and then he grabs another cup of coffee and moves on.
I am stepping away from GT athletics for a period. Between another wasted year in baseball and the dump heap that men’s & women’s basketball are in right now, it’s just a waste of time, energy and passion. I am sure that I will be back, probably sooner before later as white & gold is in my DNA it seems.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I wish I could find a way to care less.

I'm struggling with that too. I managed to do it in football and can do it in baseball.

I couldn't watch the last 2.5 hours of the game last night; knowing Hall might be called on to manage and sheer talent might not overcome his managing.

I watched a show with my wife which seemed to be (and was) a better use of time. Think we'll go walk around Norfolk this afternoon as it's finally a beautiful day on a Saturday and not torrential rain. I'll check the score at 7PM.