• VT by 7-13

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • VT by 14+

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Want Tech to win but Losses don’t hurt anymore. I’m still not sure where I stand with the coaching staff but I will always pull for the student-athletes.
GT 24
VT 23

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
1. Who is injured on the ol besides Marshall who has been gone all year. Before the season we heard ol could be best ever. We are thin at o t due to 2 players that have been starters leaving with eligibility remaining. I guess they weren't having enough of a rewarding experience. 2 in one year in the ol position group. ???

2. The other giant thing for the o line is the defensive tackles are holding . Plus thdy damn good. A couple o f the are top 10 draft picks. 90 (Dexter Lawrence) of clemson was a 5 star st in high school . Last year as a freshman he didn't beat out the starting ST. Not really a busted 5 star because he beat out the DE and played there at 330#. Word is he will be NFL #1 pick when he comes out in 19. Miami has go DT as well. VT and Uga ditto. Competition is stiff for our ol.

3. As to the missed assignment are we sure the coaches dont have a big stake in this area. See 1.

4 The defenses sure seem faster and we seem to not have the play called to negate that.
IN FIRST HALF VIRGINIA Shamire and stick to pull counter trebut TQ caught by backside d e. Then first play in second half same play to right w Braun and Lee and TQ goes house. When asked about di difference, coach says they blocked the play right. Technically correct but why not sub will Bryan for shamire. Some of these giant d t are a load. While shamire is great in middle for power, will is faster for pulling so wht not use him for that play. Not a big deal here on 4 compared to 1 and 3. If we loose another one .....

I wonder if some of the linemen are afflicted with nagging injuries of one sort or another but keep playing? We just do not have much choice at this position do we? The two that left really wiped out what little depth we may have had going into the season. Also, as you pointed out the opposing lines are really good. Another one awaits Saturday.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
We have too many obvious weaknesses
--little passing game
--no pass rush
-very questionable STs
but even with these we could win, but won't--pick your reason

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
ESPN ACC Week 11 picks: Can Miami make a playoff statement vs. Notre Dame?
No. 17 Virginia Tech (7-2, 3-2) at Georgia Tech (4-4, 3-3), 12:20 p.m. ET, ACC Network

Hale: Georgia Tech simply could not get off the field against Virginia last week, and the loss was a bad one for the Yellow Jackets. It has been a frustrating season with so many near-misses for Paul Johnson’s crew, and at 4-4 with top-ranked Georgia still on the horizon, the Jackets desperately need this one if they want to make a bowl game. Georgia Tech 31, Virginia Tech 30

Adelson: Virginia Tech didn't play well against the run a week ago in a loss to Miami and now faces a Georgia Tech team that absolutely has to win. Bud Foster usually has a good scheme to slow the Jackets down, and I expect Josh Jackson to have a bounce-back game. Virginia Tech has won three straight in Atlanta in the series and has a slight edge. Virginia Tech 33, Georgia Tech 28

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
VT-27 GT-17.

VT still has a lot to play for. GT does not. Maybe a bid to the weedwhacker bowl.

We get rolled at home. Late TD makes it 17 but its not close.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
It all depends on the emotion-meter reading. If our players stand around on the sidelines disengaged, watching the crowd and talking about what they are going to do after the game, if they wait for someone else to stick their headgear into the runner, if they play patty cake with opposing blockers instead of beating the blocks and making the plays, if they are too afraid to fail than to embrace risk and rise to greatness, then we will lose. Maybe badly. But, if they are fired up, determined to prevail and give it their all, we can win. So, it kinda boils down to the character and enthusiasm and desire of the entire team and I don't have a feel for what that will be tomorrow.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It all depends on the emotion-meter reading. If our players stand around on the sidelines disengaged, watching the crowd and talking about what they are going to do after the game, if they wait for someone else to stick their headgear into the runner, if they play patty cake with opposing blockers instead of beating the blocks and making the plays, if they are too afraid to fail than to embrace risk and rise to greatness, then we will lose. Maybe badly. But, if they are fired up, determined to prevail and give it their all, we can win. So, it kinda boils down to the character and enthusiasm and desire of the entire team and I don't have a feel for what that will be tomorrow.

We had a team 5 years or so ago who didn't play with intensity and emotion in some games. This team has never quit or played without emotion. The D has been much more vicious than past years. The O blocking (OL, AB, WR, BB) has sold out to try and make blocks, maybe not effective but not for lack of trying.

The UVa game wasn't lost due to lack of emotion but due to one of the worst ST in all of football.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Interesting take on the radio this am. That is, Kirby has the dawgs thinking they can win every game if they play the games one game, one play ... at a time.

I think GT CAN beat VT. One play at a time. This is a great mindset and I'd love to see our coaches emphasize it. (Basically, THINK ... and GROW RICH for sports.)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
1. Who is injured on the ol besides Marshall who has been gone all year. Before the season we heard ol could be best ever. We are thin at o t due to 2 players that have been starters leaving with eligibility remaining. I guess they weren't having enough of a rewarding experience. 2 in one year in the ol position group. ???

2. The other giant thing for the o line is the defensive tackles are holding . Plus thdy damn good. A couple o f the are top 10 draft picks. 90 (Dexter Lawrence) of clemson was a 5 star st in high school . Last year as a freshman he didn't beat out the starting ST. Not really a busted 5 star because he beat out the DE and played there at 330#. Word is he will be NFL #1 pick when he comes out in 19. Miami has go DT as well. VT and Uga ditto. Competition is stiff for our ol.

3. As to the missed assignment are we sure the coaches dont have a big stake in this area. See 1.

4 The defenses sure seem faster and we seem to not have the play called to negate that.
IN FIRST HALF VIRGINIA Shamire and stick to pull counter trebut TQ caught by backside d e. Then first play in second half same play to right w Braun and Lee and TQ goes house. When asked about di difference, coach says they blocked the play right. Technically correct but why not sub will Bryan for shamire. Some of these giant d t are a load. While shamire is great in middle for power, will is faster for pulling so wht not use him for that play. Not a big deal here on 4 compared to 1 and 3. If we loose another one .....

Lot to respond to but I'm gonna try and keep response brief.

I've heard both Morgan's have been banged up and unavailable. Hurts our depth and ability to switch gears with substitutions. Marshall being out has necessitated the move of Bryan to OT. With that, the Morgan's out, Stickler not able to hold down the OT spot replacing Marshall....all that again limits substitutions.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
To all the naysayers that say we can't beat VT.....can't really express how I feel about ya without risking a ban. I'm damn sure glad I don't have to rely on you quitters to watch my back. If push ever came to shove...all you would do is likely...watch. I bet you have already sold your uga game tickets to mutt fans.

That's good though. Wouldn't want y'all to have to bear hearing mutt fans barking in the stands...you'd probably need counseling and meds to recover from the trauma. Sissies.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Lot to respond to but I'm gonna try and keep response brief.

I've heard both Morgan's have been banged up and unavailable. Hurts our depth and ability to switch gears with substitutions. Marshall being out has necessitated the move of Bryan to OT. With that, the Morgan's out, Stickler not able to hold down the OT spot replacing Marshall....all that again limits substitutions.
I have watched the Morgan twin on the sidelines and don't really think they have played their way on to field?? Looked health on sideline but could be a shoulder injury that's not discernable, I will find out what I can say publicly.