• VT by 7-13

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • VT by 14+

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
GT remains 3 pt underdogs at home. What say you?

Poll included.

Virginia Tech to win fairly comfortably UNLESS they are still hung over from the thrashing that Miami gave them which is a distinct possibility. Also unknown is the condition of their freshman quarterback. I watched the better part of two games Duke and Miami and came away with the feeling that although they are very good as usual on defense (they tackle in the open field particularly well) they are a team prone to sputter on offense especially in the red zone. They don't have the play makers they have had in the past which may account for some of this. Offensive line is mediocre which has been a Hokie trademark for several years. Defensive tackles are big and nasty. I think they will win if we do not find a way to neutralize those two tackles and move the football. The team that manages to get pressure on the quarterback will win.

Milwaukee

Banned
Virginia Tech to win fairly comfortably UNLESS they are still hung over from the thrashing that Miami gave them which is a distinct possibility. Also unknown is the condition of their freshman quarterback. I watched the better part of two games Duke and Miami and came away with the feeling that although they are very good as usual on defense (they tackle in the open field particularly well) they are a team prone to sputter on offense especially in the red zone. They don't have the play makers they have had in the past which may account for some of this. Offensive line is mediocre which has been a Hokie trademark for several years. Defensive tackles are big and nasty. I think they will win if we do not find a way to neutralize those two tackles and move the football. The team that manages to get pressure on the quarterback will win.

I'm so confused after reading this.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
If pressure on the QB is the deciding factor, you could have stopped your analysis after the word "comfortably"...

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm so confused after reading this.

Let me translate.

VT sucks on O but will crush us anyway.
Our best chance to win is if they are still mentally scarred by Miami and play their worst game of the decade Saturday because of it.
Even then there D will whip is like always because we won't be able to stop their DTs.
We can't win unless we can run successfully.
The team that pressures the QB best wins.

:eek:Hell I tried.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm gonna go with 30 - 28 Tech. It could easily be the other way around. I don't see how either team will stop the other very effectively, especially if Thomas is out or playing hurt (more likely). If we play better D or they do, the score could be like the lower end most above are predicting.

Hope we win, but I wouldn't place heavy money on either team in this one.

Milwaukee

Banned
Let me translate.

VT sucks on O but will crush us anyway.
Our best chance to win is if they are still mentally scarred by Miami and play their worst game of the decade Saturday because of it.
Even then there D will whip is like always because we won't be able to stop their DTs.
We can't win unless we can run successfully.
The team that pressures the QB best wins.

:eek:Hell I tried.

I'm confused by the multiple predictions:

1 - VT wins comfortably
2 - VT doesn't win comfortably if they're hungover from Mia
3 - VT will win if we don't block their DT's
4 - GT or VT, whoever gets the most pressure, will win

I'm still confused.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Proud of you!
From where cometh your new found optimism!!??
Will take it!!
Last game has really made me wonder- we can't block Virginia- r u kidding?
V t DT are very strong and disciplined.

Missed assignments against a decent D can get you
We've had a lot of missed assignments on O according to CPJ. 1st year starting QB (no significant prior pt), 1st year starting Bback (no significant prior pt), dn Oline that has been operating as a MASH unit to a large degree this year. Not excusing and I think the coaches expect better, but that's probably a factor.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
If pressure on the QB is the deciding factor, you could have stopped your analysis after the word "comfortably"...

I know but in all things Tech it feels like the right thing to do by temporizing. Sort of like when President Truman was asked what did he want for Christmas and he answered " A one handed economist because all the ones I talk to always say on the other hand".

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

1 - VT wins comfortably

I'm still confused.

Well, welcome to my world. My wife says I am always confused. A noted Las Vegas handicapper said that Georgia Tech is one of the hardest teams to figure out and feel confident in placing a bet. My advice? Forget everything I said and look at the posts above.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

1 - VT wins comfortably
?
I'm still confused.

"Multiple predictions"? Did I ever mention that my middle name is Sybil? I attribute everyone of those predictions to one of H. Walker's personalities.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Everytime I’ve had a good feeling about a game, we lose in a heart breaker. I don’t feel good about this one, so maybe we win!

17-14 GT

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Missed assignments against a decent D can get you
We've had a lot of missed assignments on O according to CPJ. 1st year starting QB (no significant prior pt), 1st year starting Bback (no significant prior pt), dn Oline that has been operating as a MASH unit to a large degree this year. Not excusing and I think the coaches expect better, but that's probably a factor.

1. Who is injured on the ol besides Marshall who has been gone all year. Before the season we heard ol could be best ever. We are thin at o t due to 2 players that have been starters leaving with eligibility remaining. I guess they weren't having enough of a rewarding experience. 2 in one year in the ol position group. ???

2. The other giant thing for the o line is the defensive tackles are holding . Plus thdy damn good. A couple o f the are top 10 draft picks. 90 (Dexter Lawrence) of clemson was a 5 star st in high school . Last year as a freshman he didn't beat out the starting ST. Not really a busted 5 star because he beat out the DE and played there at 330#. Word is he will be NFL #1 pick when he comes out in 19. Miami has go DT as well. VT and Uga ditto. Competition is stiff for our ol.

3. As to the missed assignment are we sure the coaches dont have a big stake in this area. See 1.

4 The defenses sure seem faster and we seem to not have the play called to negate that.
IN FIRST HALF VIRGINIA Shamire and stick to pull counter trebut TQ caught by backside d e. Then first play in second half same play to right w Braun and Lee and TQ goes house. When asked about di difference, coach says they blocked the play right. Technically correct but why not sub will Bryan for shamire. Some of these giant d t are a load. While shamire is great in middle for power, will is faster for pulling so wht not use him for that play. Not a big deal here on 4 compared to 1 and 3. If we loose another one .....