Virginia Tech Postgame

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
VT did what what we’ve been trying to do on offense. My biggest issue with Pnut is the pace of play and pace of a particular. Our zone runs are so slow!!! No one is pressing the LOS
We're in complete agreement here. I haven't had as much of a problem with the play calls of late, and I actually thought a QB draw he called near the goaline was great against UVA (I think), but I wish our tempo was quicker and more fluid. We start and stop like my old truck in cold weather. The frustrating part is that tempo and fluidity can be taught regardless of talent.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Clock management is #1. A delay of game when your 1st 10 plays are scripted. Inexcusable!
Maybe this is my biggest gripe. I am not sure we are better than 2-10, given what he has. I really do think we are better than 45-0, and I think the players deserve better. They get four years to play, and it just seems like one of them got lit on fire.

I think we win 1. Gardner Webb. The schedule is to hard. We lose to all the coastal teams, Clemson, UGA and Notre Dame. I thought maybe we could beat Syracuse but the game is up there. Unless the staff changes the offense, we will continue to see yesterday repeated over and over.

kyle.smith828

Jolly Good Fellow
I quit reading this thread after the second page.

Not a lot of rationality in this one. A lot of knee jerk emotional reactions, though. From what I read, ibeeballin is one of the few being rational here. And I'm not real sure how turning this into a CGC vs CPJ debate is doing any good, and provides anything at all, except for more negativity.

It's been a long season for us all, more so for the coaches, even more so for the players. So Im not surprised they had a very mentally tough game yesterday. Hopefully they respond better than the fans have.

slugboy

Staff member
Where are these influx of starters going to play?

QB? Doubt it
Rb: no
WR: maybe 1 new starter
OL: praying for 2-3
DL: 1 definite probably 2
LB: hoping for 2 but prob 1
DB: no changes unless attrition

So 8 max

Kickoffs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I am loyal to the school and certainly the team (been a Season Ticket holder for over 20 years). But to keep interest, you have to be competitive even if you don't win. I have been to 5 games at home this year (and unfortunately Duke on the road). Of the 6 games, only 2 were close enough to stay until the end...USF and the Citadel. The other games were out of reach prior to the end of the game. And both UNC and VT were over by the half. Even if you are introducing new schemes on both sides of the ball, you must put your team in position to maximize their talent. No that doesn't mean to go back to the Triple Option. But it does mean figuring out run and pass plays that have the best chance of success. We had a 2 set running back attack part of the time with Miami. I have seen very little of that since that game. Why? Proofing a point of we are the new kids on the block becomes difficult to sale at 2-8 and just as importantly, being completely non competitive against more than half of your schedule.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We are a whisker away from being winless. A fumble at the goal line (USF) and terrible kicking game (Miami) are the only reason we even have 2 wins. I don't know what sort of game prep this staff has been doing so far but whatever it is isn't working.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m thinking they take it easy on us and pull their starters fairly early. They have a big game the next week. Bama lost Tua for the season because they left him in slightly too long today. That was a warning for everyone else. I could see a 38-3 type game. They could name a score if they really wanted to though.
Yes they could

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
We are a whisker away from being winless. A fumble at the goal line (USF) and terrible kicking game (Miami) are the only reason we even have 2 wins. I don't know what sort of game prep this staff has been doing so far but whatever it is isn't working.

And we are a whisker from being 4-6. Just how it is.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
@Ibeeballin. I wanted to ask you about something. You have painfully pointed out some of our defensive deficiencies the last few years. The past two years you have pointed out a particular player’s constant misalignments and missteps. So much so that it is just easy to see them. Why does he continue to get the majority of the reps? I’m a firm believer that reps for young players do wonders. We have some young talent that aren’t getting reps. Does this bother you? I have a great fear that this will not get better next you. Does it bother you?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I assume the mighty Citadel game is one. It appeared that we overlooked them and were poorly prepared for the TO. Couple that with inexperience at QB and we were set us up for a loss. Not so sure about UVA. They flat out overlooked us and it almost bit them in the behind, but superior teams can usually find a way to pull out a win.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
@Ibeeballin. I wanted to ask you about something. You have painfully pointed out some of our defensive deficiencies the last few years. The past two years you have pointed out a particular player’s constant misalignments and missteps. So much so that it is just easy to see them. Why does he continue to get the majority of the reps? I’m a firm believer that reps for young players do wonders. We have some young talent that aren’t getting reps. Does this bother you? I have a great fear that this will not get better next you. Does it bother you?

Sorry. I missed your question earlier. I think CCG ceiling is ACCCG Winner & CFP contender

I have no idea why Mr someone gets rep. Maybe papa is donating money or something. I have no idea. People want to say it’s not a talent issue, but a see a 3yr making the same mistakes he made as freshman