Ramblin' Wreck
Bama front 4

Justin Egboigbe 6’5 294lbs
DJ Dale 6’3 305
Raekwon Davis 6’7 312
Anfrenee Jennings 6’3 259

avg. 6’4.5 292.5lb

Find me an OLine smaller and please say GT to prove our point
You're misunderstanding. My point was that every GT OL was larger than every VT OL to a man, not just by average.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Comparing us to Bama isn’t good for anyone. We aren’t Bama, and we’re never going to be Bama. And yesterday we weren’t playing Bama. We played Virginia effing Tech, and a team that we had beaten four out of five came in and whipped us. I think the furthest we got offensively was our own 41 yard line until the middle of the fourth quarter. Say what you want about the players not fitting, but we looked like a team that had more important places to be yesterday. Maybe one day it’ll be awesome for us with Collins, but I kinda doubt it.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
And if we do not make a bowl, will you have serious concerns about Collins? We'll ignore that you predicted 8-4 this year and are still a Collins defending zealot.

Ok. I predicted 8-4 before Adams passed and 7-5 based on us being a good run blocking team. We don’t do anything @lv20gt made a great post on this

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
And if we do not make a bowl, will you have serious concerns about Collins? We'll ignore that you predicted 8-4 this year and are still a Collins defending zealot.

Ok. I predicted 8-4 before Adams passed and 7-5 based on us being a good run blocking team. We don’t do anything well best described @lv20gt made a great post on this.

If we don’t we can talk about if the OC/DC needs to be changed

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Comparing us to Bama isn’t good for anyone. We aren’t Bama, and we’re never going to be Bama. And yesterday we weren’t playing Bama. We played Virginia effing Tech, and a team that we had beaten four out of five came in and whipped us. I think the furthest we got offensively was our own 41 yard line until the middle of the fourth quarter. Say what you want about the players not fitting, but we looked like a team that had more important places to be yesterday. Maybe one day it’ll be awesome for us with Collins, but I kinda doubt it.

i agree with all this but the last statement. It’s incredibly to make that type of statement with a extremely flawed team

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I understand your point. All OL will be bigger than DL so you’re not saying much.
My point was to rebut any opinion that our offensive issues yesterday could simply be explained away by having an undersized OL when, in fact, we played against an undersized DL yesterday.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Ok. I predicted 8-4 before Adams passed and 7-5 based on us being a good run blocking team.

I was thinking about this yesterday. Auburn, over the last decade, has been an 8-4 team on average. (I am not citing their Natty, so don't go there.) So they aren't lighting up the world, but they are competitive. Do we think we will be at the same level as Auburn when the transformation is done? I fear we will get there by beating Gardner Webb, Alcorn State, and South Alabama.

I think Tech should be a perennial 8-4 team ... but it struck me that would mean we were at the same level as an Auburn.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok. I predicted 8-4 before Adams passed and 7-5 based on us being a good run blocking team. We don’t do anything well best described @lv20gt made a great post on this.

If we don’t we can talk about if the OC/DC needs to be changed
Glad to hear that you're still sold on P'Nut, lol. Hey, maybe we will beat ugag, and we can all be happy for a bit.I do think we beat NC State to get to 3 wins.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
I was thinking about this yesterday. Auburn, over the last decade, has been an 8-4 team on average. (I am not citing their Natty, so don't go there.) So they aren't lighting up the world, but they are competitive. Do we think we will be at the same level as Auburn when the transformation is done? I fear we will get there by beating Gardner Webb, Alcorn State, and South Alabama.

I think Tech should be a perennial 8-4 team ... but it struck me that would mean we were at the same level as an Auburn.

That’s how crazy expectations have gotten. Averaging 8 wins over a decade is very good. Very few programs do that. Yet Auburn will Fire a coach for that.

It’s crazy for GT, with our relative commitment to football, to have those expectations.

If we decide to go all in on football, like programs like Auburn, then we can talk.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

You have to use context. Auburn plays in the SEC West with Bama and LSU, who now has an offense. We are in the Coastal with no one who recruits in the Top 25 except UNC and Miami (who is in a worst situation than us) so no we don’t have to on Auburn level per se, we need to be better than middling teams in the Coastal. That’s why i find when @AlabamaBuzz and a few others say we will never outrecruit Bama or UGA doing what they do. We don’t have to be a top 15-25 team and to be perennial Coastal Champs

Last edited: