Virginia Postgame

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Graham makes some throws that make you say WOW...but he's leaving A LOT of profit on the field. This was a MUCH MUCH better week by him, but there were guys running open today that he missed. If this is the kind of games Graham has AND he still has a lot to improve on...dang, you get anxious about when all the other pieces start coming together so our QB has actual time.

This is probably the first time this season where I've thought to myself our defense probably did worse than our offense. This was on the defense today. Of course, Perkins is the real deal and had himself a day against us. That's what our QBs will start looking like in the future.

Looking better, but if our defense makes a couple more stops and this game goes our way.

One more thing...NEVER F&^KING squib kick the ball. NOTHING good ever comes from it.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Y'all know I have no love for P'nut but the offense did not lose this game. That goes to the defense and a bad kicking game. I don't like to pull scholarships but I would pull King's and Wells after this season.

one has to wonder how many easy misses CGC will tolerate before something is done at this position...

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Y'all know I have no love for P'nut but the offense did not lose this game. That goes to the defense and a bad kicking game. I don't like to pull scholarships but I would pull King's and Wells after this season.

I agree. Man, we need a kicker bad.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I would agree.

But the offense took a couple of steps forward.

Game day coaching remained the same.

The good news is that short of breaking the law for hookers blow, murder, etc, Collins & staff will be here for at least 4-5 more seasons to improve their own abilities, as well as recruit kids that are the right fit.

I'm looking forward to him being here for a bunch more years.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I'm seeing improvement every week almost everywhere except our PKs, who are actually regressing. Not sure what CGC will do about that position in the off-season but change is needed.
Graham missed a couple of easy 3rd down throws today. Good news is that he had ample time to set and make a throw, unlike previous weeks. OL definitely made strides today and D was solid most of the 2nd half.

I wonder if Graham is over-pumped or something. When he misses, he most always overthrows. He was okay in the first half, but started throwing the ball too high in the second. But it was his best game.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe I’m wrong but I only saw Graham miss two receivers including the interception. Then Carter dropped one which shouldn’t go against him. Otherwise I thought Graham played well.

I felt there were a couple of questionable calls defensively but the team just doesn’t have the dogs.

The kicking game was trash.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
So on a key 2pt conversion, you wouldn’t call a timeout
I don't disagree with that one, but I think he used the others too soon. However, there also still seems to be too much time calling plays in. And seems PNut lacks attention to our situation sometimes on the plays he calls.

Animal02

Banned
The good news is that short of breaking the law for hookers blow, murder, etc, Collins & staff will be here for at least 4-5 more seasons to improve their own abilities, as well as recruit kids that are the right fit.

I'm looking forward to him being here for a bunch more years.
Maybe, maybe not.....if after year 3 and they have not had a winning season (which I do not anticipate) there will be no choice but to cut him lose. In this day and age of college football, 3 losing seasons in a row will not be accepted.

JKMSJ

Jolly Good Fellow
Key and the OL earned steak dinners today.

The decision to kick away Reed before half was a killer.

Take both Kickers schollies at season end.

Great bounce back by Graham.

I’m sick of of LBs. On the rub slants, our LBs are in no man land. I green dog the RB (blitz if he stays in pass pro) or sink underneath the slant. That plays was open quite bit bc of that
If I could like this a million times I would. How is it possible that the middle of the field is ALWAYS wide open on 3rd and long?

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
It still comes down to the lines as that is where football games are won. Key is an outstanding coach we’ll have to ante up to keep. Give Collins/Key/Choice/Thacker Itwo more recruiting cycles and then we can start with expectations. Right now, I’m just enjoying watching the next era of Georgia Tech football success learn to walk and say their first words.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Offense made big strides today. Graham missed a couple throws but made some really good plays. He has a high ceiling in my opinion if he can start hitting the easy throws.

Oline looked a lot better as the game went on. Crazy how that happens when we have a passing threat and teams have to respect that.

Mason played great again. Guy is a workhorse and has great vision. Keep feeding him.

Carter with a great catch for a td and another big drop. Needs to be more consistent.

Brown is freaky fast and adjust to the ball in the air at an elite level.

Good to see Oliver and the TEs involved. Big plays for first downs.

Defense played hard, we just had no answer for Perkins when he wanted to run. Honestly, they could have ran him 90% of the time and marched the ball down the field. That being said, they played hard and made some plays. Just couldn’t get the stop at the end when we needed it.

Special teams lost this game. Field position was awful. Harvin had a great kick to flip the field but the rest were just bad. Our kickoff team should just kick it out of bounds every time or onside kick. It’s embarrassing watching us try to cover a kick. Can’t make an easy fg and we catch a punt on our 1.

This team isn’t good enough to have a terrible game in any phase and we did in one today. I like the progress on offense, just wish we could’ve pulled it out.