Virginia postgame discussion

LibertyTurns

Banned
Obviously reading comprehension is not required at GT. Reread cause you didn’t get it. @LibertyTurns
Sorry I weaved your multiple posts together & if I was off the mark, my apologies. Maybe there’s some magical juice we can provide to Georgia’s youth, but in my opinion it will takes decades of GT excellence combed with decades of mutt despair to significantly alter the demographics statewide if that.

Milwaukee

Banned
Okay, I’ll bite. If we start from the idea that our recruiting is mediocre, then let’s look at the balance of your comment. Who, exactly, do you think we are recruiting against for the better players, particularly those in our region? If you think we should do something unconventional to attract them, cool. I’m all ears.

Regarding the stadium, we are competing against schools which have almost double the capacity and are at or near capacity every damn week. It’s not shocking a 17 year old wants to play in that environment.

Maxims are bull——. Texas is successful is because they have a huge demand and more resources. Ditto Notre Dame.

Lastly, playing close games is how you get beat. In general, most teams are going to end up around .500 in one score games over a large enough sample. There’s no magic potion that can overcome that.

Wtf? It's not for us fans to come up with ideas on how to get better. That's not our job, we're not paid to do that. We're not even remotely close to being qualified to do that from a message board. I hate this constant thinking.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Was AJ Gray out this game? Saw a lot of Christian Campbell. He looks promising but inexperienced. Injuries are starting to pile up. Is Jordan still hutt?

Didnt realize Will Bryan was limited.

Lack of pass rush really hurt us on the deep throws. If you dont give a cushion someone's got to get home. Did we have a single sack yesterday?

On O just looked like defenders beating blocks and missed assignments all over the place.

STs no comment.

To our credit we fought hard. UVA's punter is unreal. Just havr to try and get healthy and keep getting better.
Have not read all posts yet, so this may be a repeat. AJ was hurt and my understanding is that he stayed in Atlanta, i.e. didn't travel with the team.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I’m not making my point clear. Let’s try another way.

Re Saban, Saban hired Kiffin and gave him a 3 year contract. Why? Saban saw the game evolving and he wanted a West Coast offense at Bama. Read that again ... the game has changed and he wanted to change with it.

Is CPJ changing? No.

Do we need Kiffin? Kiffin would not fit into Tech’s conservative culture. But, my point is, a younger guy, playing an exciting (modern) style of play would do wonders.

That was my point.
Is Alabama using the West Coast offense?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Actually have a game question. On the interception when we were up by 8, wasn’t Green wide open for an easy TD but we threw late into coverage?
I believe that you are correct. And with a bit too much air giving time for the defender to come over and make the interception.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
Depends on your type of fan base. See UGA and ask them.

Depends if Joe Irwin is willing to cough up the GT Alumni Association. The fact that he doesn't share it is criminal, the fact that the President doesn't do something about it is an embarrassment.

With that being said, I give $3K to the Athletic side per year, a Golden T level donor, and $10 per year to the Alumni Association. The challenge is how many would rather give to the academic side, which for the record really doesn't need our donations as most of their funding comes from corporations, than the athletic side.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I believe that you are correct. And with a bit too much air giving time for the defender to come over and make the interception.
Marshall threw to the left sideline. I think Green was running by himself down the right hash. Nearest defender looked like he was about 20 yds away. I didn’t get a good look at replay but it appeared he was wide open. Hard to tell what would have happened, but I think we can add this one to the pile of what ifs. Could have been a game changer momentum wise if it went for a TD and the outcome might have been massively different.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Marshall threw to the left sideline. I think Green was running by himself down the right hash. Nearest defender looked like he was about 20 yds away. I didn’t get a good look at replay but it appeared he was wide open. Hard to tell what would have happened, but I think we can add this one to the pile of what ifs. Could have been a game changer momentum wise if it went for a TD and the outcome might have been massively different.
No doubt

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Wtf? It's not for us fans to come up with ideas on how to get better. That's not our job, we're not paid to do that. We're not even remotely close to being qualified to do that from a message board. I hate this constant thinking.
“Derka derka, moar winz pleeze.”

Seriously, this is the kind of lazy thinking that plagues this board. It basically communicates to others that you are unable or unwilling or both to put forth the thought to contribute to a meaningful discussion of how - or if - we can improve.