Very curious Mike Sewak

kyle.smith828

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll trust in CPJ, the head coach, who has far more first hand knowledge of Sewaks current performance, ability, and work ethic than any of us.

I highey doubt CPJ would let even a close "friend" slide by for under performance.

CPJ has always seemed to hold his players and coaches accountable for everything. I just have a hard time believing PJ would give anybody a free pass.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I'll trust in CPJ, the head coach, who has far more first hand knowledge of Sewaks current performance, ability, and work ethic than any of us.

I highey doubt CPJ would let even a close "friend" slide by for under performance.

CPJ has always seemed to hold his players and coaches accountable for everything. I just have a hard time believing PJ would give anybody a free pass.
Agreed. CPJ is highly competitive. He absolutely hates to lose. At anything. He would not keep his own mother on the coaching staff if it caused him to lose a game.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Perimeter blocking by AB/WR was also lacking and was a big reason for overall offensive struggles as well.

We need to be better across the board. I think we can get there if we keep working hard and avoid the injury bug. I like the young depth I see developing. Just gotta keep grinding.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I have heard Sewak tear his troops a new one several times when we were allowed to attend scrimmages and some practices. I was concerned he might alienate some of his guys by dressing them down so forcefully in front of their peers. He will let you know what he thinks. So that is not a problem.

Go Jackets!

never saw that myself. But I will go with what an ex staff member said....Perhaps you are thinking of Spencer? He was the one always yelling....anyway...again I will lean on what this person said to me 5 years ago about loose standards of sewak

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Perimeter blocking by AB/WR was also lacking and was a big reason for overall offensive struggles as well.

We need to be better across the board. I think we can get there if we keep working hard and avoid the injury bug. I like the young depth I see developing. Just gotta keep grinding.
I say the ABs were worse than the OL in this game, much worse in fact.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Another chance for the Oline to show what they got today. I was up early with my puppy ( reminded him to bark at any Bulldogs we saw on our walk) and just got back from a run (after leaving the lazy little dude to hang out in my back yard). I have a good feeling about today. Weather is great, the grass will be perfect, and I think we are going to see MUCH improvement in the line calls.

Maybe I'm drinking the koolaid but man it tastes good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
If you ever go to fan day you should look up Mike Sewak. He is very personable and easy to talk to. He will give you an honest assessment of his guys. I asked him about this years players and he told me if Shamire makes up his mind to be great we can be good. He felt Fromayan, Marshall, Klock would handle the tackle position but all 3 needed more development, He liked Bryan, Burden and Shamire in the middle but again he felt the guards had a ways to go. He hoped Burden would play better due to his mind being a bit more free to focus on football. He liked the Morgans and all 3 Freshmen but again said they were still raw and would have to work hard to see any playing time early. He liked having the new coach to handle the tackles, Coach West and felt that would pay dividends some where down the line. His overall feeling was that we would start out OK and get better as the season progressed if everyone continued to work hard and play as a unit. He said he did not want to talk about last year and his focus was totally on getting these guys to play better this year.

Go Jackets!