Very curious Mike Sewak

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
Mike Sewak says "the O line played well."

Going through Longestday's videos, it's abundantly clear the O line did not play well. I really can't imagine what Coach Sewak is seeing.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
so............................. he kinda looks drunk, but that not withstanding I think he was saying BC was pretty good on D..

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I thought the Oline did some good things against a very tough opponent. Maybe I just missed things y'all caught but I think many are over blowing the negatives. That was a very good D. We got very good push at the line quite a bit (no we didn't dominate em all game). Several times they crashed backers and safeties to stuff our run and we still managed 3-5 yards. I'll take that typically. Where I think we had our biggest fail as an O rushing was lack of big plays. That was the case for a multitude of reasons IMO....missed blocks by lineman and abacks, great persuit by their D, focus of their D stopping run first, and our failure in play calling by not throwing deep more often to stretch the field and challenge their DBs over the top more frequently.

We can and need to improve in a lot of areas from the head guy to our backup abacks. Sure they could have played better, but I don't see the doom n gloom many do regarding our Oline.

What's this have to do with Sewak? I don't think it would be fair at all to say our Oline played a bad game. If you guys think they did I think you know a helluva lot less than Sewak does.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think he just acknowledged that BC's players for the most part out played our guys on the offensive line. That is why you play the games. Fortunately for us we were able to overcome that aspect of the contest and emerge victorious which after all is also why you play the game. Hey I like our guys but sometimes they get outplayed by the guy across the line of scrimmage. It's a competition and the best man usually wins. You will most likely see this again against Vanderbilt, UNC, Pittsburgh, and Georgia. They just have better talent than we do when you compare their defensive line personnel against our offensive line personnel. Our best hope is to refine our technique, minimize mistakes and play as hard as humanly possible. Their guys will be doing the same. Hopefully we can find ways to overcome this area in games with opponents that frankly have better players than we do. I think we can.

Go Jackets!

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Interesting......so how many do think our Oline got whipped? How many think we lost more than we won? Draw? We won more?
Whipped like the proverbial "rented mule" Well, not that bad but enough so that the depth chart has those notorious "OR" all over it. Bad enough, that Coach Johnson rather emphatically said he was "tired of looking at it" Pretty bad anyway.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
so............................. he kinda looks drunk, but that not withstanding I think he was saying BC was pretty good on D..

Who gives a flying f..k how good/bad BC'S D is?

We will face much better and it is way past time for more GT excuses.

The dumbing down of the entire GT experience continues.