@VCU

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
Listen to the postgame audio, man CJP went after whoever laid out the stat sheet saying it should be 5-3 not 4-3.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
With this team there will be games like Tennessee where they look awful and games like last night where we can surprise people. I have been overly happy with Pastner's and staff's coaching so far. I knew when we hired him he was a great recruiter but love what I have seen coaching wise. For example;
1.) I love the mixing up of defenses, there were times last night VCU took 15 seconds off the clock before they knew what D we were in
2.) I love the pace with which we play compared to old regime
3.) Really like the flex style Princeton concepts we run on O
4.) This one all GT hoops fans should like, it's nice to have timeouts to use at the end of the game

i like the mixing up of defenses as well. Gregory's team ran a really solid M-t-M, but it was basically all they ran so it was predictable and easier to attack in that regard. Switching up defenses will often confuse a team for a possession or two which you can take advantage of.

I wonder if the Princeton concepts are coming from Coach Hardy since he came from NW and G'town.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
You know that the other team's coach doesn't respect you when an OT loss gets this reaction:

I mean, this guy is about to cry, ... wow

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Just wow--it was the first game I actually saw.
--I'm still not sure how we won.That had to be the ugliest OT in a while.It was just a case of keep on keeping on.
Well, the easy reason was TJ making shots! You would think he he was a 20 pt a nite guy watching him tonite..A natural scorer.If somehow he gets 15 a game ,this team gets to almost decent level.
Big Daddy called it.Great effort esp on DEf.Heywood used that bulk to fight time and again through hi screens.I LOVED the switching defs!Gregory never learned that helps .

Amazing how far the LAM has come in a yr esp on OFF..He plays now like a SR. Q played a fine all-around game.As soon as the PGs play better (,which they can),the real need will be a DEF rebounding brute to spell and help Lammers. (unfortunately we won't see that this yr) I doubt.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
You know that the other team's coach doesn't respect you when an OT loss gets this reaction:

I mean, this guy is about to cry, ... wow

Lmao. That was one of the most depressing and pathetic post game pressers. Man he looks like a 5 year old who got put in time out. I don't think I've ever seen a coach pout like that

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
Heath is just getting his game legs...don't forget he's coming off the hip...he will increase his consistency and scoring as the games go by.He gets into the lane at will...and has an advanced mid range game...his J's looked better than ever.His Asst. to turnover ratio I will improve as time goes by and will play alongside Justin often making for an aggressive attacking FAST good ball handling advantage.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I wasn't that far off from his prediction pre-season, but I think we do have a couple guys that are playing better than I'd hoped. I still don't have any delusions that we're going to win a bunch of ACC games, but the way we play I think we are going to surprise someone one night that is pretty good and get a fun win.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Pundit for CBS who made a sweeping GT will lose everything type statement and is now having to double down every time to make sure he's still right.

Pretty much spot-on analysis. I don't ever recall him being this obnoxious on twitter. However, every time I've listened to him on radio/podcast, he's come across as a typical, arrogant Nor'easter.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
So, what do people think about CPast's postgame comments about Coach Wade and VCU? Was it over the top or just typical coach-speak repeated a couple times because of CPast's style of repeating everythinng?

I did think it was interesting when of somebody (VCU beat writer?) called him out on it: stte, "How can you say VCU is so good when you're saying you might not win a conference game?"

CPast (stte): "I said that they were an NC2A team not that they were an ACC team."

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
So, what do people think about CPast's postgame comments about Coach Wade and VCU? Was it over the top or just typical coach-speak repeated a couple times because of CPast's style of repeating everythinng?

I did think it was interesting when of somebody (VCU beat writer?) called him out on it: stte, "How can you say VCU is so good when you're saying you might not win a conference game?"

CPast (stte): "I said that they were an NC2A team not that they were an ACC team."

I missed CPast's postgame. Anyone have cliff notes?

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer

Pastner and Wade are very good friends. I'm sure that was most of it. I thought the VCU reporter should have bit his tongue and not even asked that. I loved Pastner saying that is what everyone else says about his team, that's not what he believes.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Pretty much spot-on analysis. I don't ever recall him being this obnoxious on twitter. However, every time I've listened to him on radio/podcast, he's come across as a typical, arrogant Nor'easter.

He's probably from Mass