@VCU

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Lets move on early from yesterday.
Wednesday we head to Richmond to take on VCU.

I liked our chances in this game the least of this 3 game stretch and after seeing the first two, I don't feel any more confident. VCU is going to look to "avenge" last years loss and they are going to be coming off a home loss to Illinois, whom they should have beat, so they are going to be even more fired up.

However, if anything could be said for this program in the last 3-5 years we always seem to win one game a year we have absolutely no business winning.

Hopefully JMo is back as we looked lost without him yesterday. Almost like we didn't know how to run without his push.

Wade comes from the Havoc school of thought and while they don't quite run Shakas Havoc they do like to play up. Need big games from all three (Lammers, Jax, Okogie) in this one.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
We may lose this one, but I really hope we see the team fight back from the game yesterday . Effort and intensity can be controlled. No reason we shouldn't show up and play our asses off.

Completely agree about Moore. We need him back, even though I expect some silly frosh TOs against their pressure. I can live with that this year

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
FYI - the Illinois / VCU game was played in Miami. Saw a few Will Wade quotes yesterday along the lines of "embarrassing", "lack of hustle" and an apology to the fans who went down there.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Please play Justin a bunch!! Heath is so boring to watch, at least Justin will try to create some offense. If Been and JO hit double figures we can win this game.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No idea to what to expect in this game...I just hope we remain competitive and play with a semblance of organization. For the love of God, please make lay-up tonight's. I can take 3-12 from deep, but I cannot take more missed bunnies.

Finally, it is crazy how much the perception of Moore has changed around here. This summer, he was an afterthought and no one thought he would stick. Now everyone is clamoring for him to play more! LOL

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
No idea to what to expect in this game...I just hope we remain competitive and play with a semblance of organization. For the love of God, please make lay-up tonight's. I can take 3-12 from deep, but I cannot take more missed bunnies.

Finally, it is crazy how much the perception of Moore has changed around here. This summer, he was an afterthought and no one thought he would stick. Now everyone is clamoring for him to play more! LOL

That might say more about the rest of the team than it does about him :) :eek:

Like you I just want us to play harder, more focused and compete. Get rid of the funk from the Tennessee game. Coming off of exams that is actually no small feat. I won't be surprised if we don't get to that level.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Justin's athleticism and energy weren't something you see in the highlight videos. You never see game flow on YouTube. It's been a welcome surprise.

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
Best half of Georgia Tech mens basketball in years...a few more lay ups go down and this is a much bigger lead.Exspect Heath and Okogie to carve them up getting into the lane.This isn't a good VCU team...however there Big,athletic and at home.We should win this game...we are a better,deeper,more talented and better coached bunch.This would be a huge shift in our momentum...reality is WE HAVE ACQUIRED and DEVLOPED some talent they need to continue to buy in to the PACE and level of intensity...we have hard working smart good kids who I believe will deliver.
Love Matthews confidence...I think he believes he's unstoppable already...love it!!!!