UVA vs. Navy

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Wow how did we get beat by Virginia? CPJ must have been thinking WTF. Little Navy dominated them with the same offense that we have and players with less talent. I guess they just wanted it more than we did. Our players need to learn a lesson from Navy.

Go Jackets!

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I don't care enough to compare the offenses. I don't think you can even really do that looking at just two games even if they are against the same team. The fact that we lost to this Virginia team feels even worse now though. They lost 6 of their last 7 games by double digits. They got obliterated by Pitt, BC, and Navy. How in the hell did we lose to this team?

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I don't care enough to compare the offenses. I don't think you can even really do that looking at just two games even if they are against the same team. The fact that we lost to this Virginia team feels even worse now though. They lost 6 of their last 7 games by double digits. They got obliterated by Pitt, BC, and Navy. How in the hell did we lose to this team?

really bad special teams, for one. I think we had 52 rushing attempts that game all but four by the QB or B back.
Maybe with a 25 degree temp at kickoff, UVa players would have rather been somewhere else. Who knows? Navy probably also still steamed after dropping second straight at Army.

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
I think it was very classless for Navy to try a FG while leading by 42 points with less than a minute to go....................................just sayin';)

I got no problem with Ken’s killer instinct. CPJ used to do it at the right times.
What would you know about being a GT fan?

You think beating uva & going to a bowl is an accomplishment.

I’m sorry man but you sound like a petulant 16yr old. Just negative with no logical basis of support. Sounds a lot like a dwag logic.
There are mountains of data that prove this O is successful and fans that enjoy this offense. Hell Herbstreit is one of our biggest supporters because we are DIFFERENT. We certainly had no problem selling tickets to MBS, or season tickets.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I got no problem with Ken’s killer instinct. CPJ used to do it at the right times.

I’m sorry man but you sound like a petulant 16yr old. Just negative with no logical basis of support. Sounds a lot like a dwag logic.
There are mountains of data that prove this O is successful and fans that enjoy this offense. Hell Herbstreit is one of our biggest supporters because we are DIFFERENT. We certainly had no problem selling tickets to MBS, or season tickets.
I never criticized the offense and if you don't like my 'petulant" posts put me on ignore because you're going on ignore:mad:

Cam

Helluva Engineer
What would you know about being a GT fan?

You think beating uva & going to a bowl is an accomplishment.
Where are you pulling that from? I'm talking about how you never seem to have a single good thing to say about the coaches, players, or team. Seriously, I've only ever seen you post negativity on this site. When the team has a good win or season, you disappear. You seem to relish in times when we're underperforming. It can't be fun for you.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought announcer said Abbey had 800 yds passing this year? Yea Abbey 800 and other guy 200 thins year. My point they both played and second guy could pass

Abey was the starter at the beginning of the year, then the other guy took over when Abey got hurt. The other guy played from then on. They don't really platoon. Abey played in the goal line/jumbo package until the other guy went down in this game.

pelliott

Georgia Tech Fan
I remember the Pitt defensive coordinator remarking on how he thought Navy was harder to stop than GT. Pitt played both Tech and Navy in 2016. I guess the whole disciplinary characteristics of attending a service academy help the execution of the option offense.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Watched every offensive play gt verses vu v a and verse s v t.
Wonder why Will Bryan didn t play ( only 8 plays) as the uva d t were not giant like v t. Shamire played 69 downs . He tried to pull and lead the counter option but was too slow so qb had to cut up field. (When lead by parker we got td. ).

Against v t Bryan played two series and we went down field and scored 14 on 2 sustained drives.
I think they wanted to use shamire for pass blocking which he did well.

Got to be fast on the ol. .
I think they may have tried to go big with shamire at r g like we did in 14 ( late in games he was l g when we added Erin Joe at rt). Did not wo rk

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Our OL was dinged up and piecemeal pretty much all year due to injuries. Our depth wasnt able to step up. Hopefully this will be improved next year.

Some of y'all that think we should never lose to Duke or UVA, or should be far superior to Navy kinda blow me away. You are looking at reality through the prism of what you wish we were, not what we are. Teams that take Navy lightly due to stars tread on dangerous ground, looking at you UVA.

Some of yall are bipolar as all get out....with a strong inclination toward manic depression.

Have a good offseason.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Thought the same thing

i agree with this and i have to ask why? i would guess we out recruit navy yet they looked a whole lot better than we did this year. it was stunning to see them whoop up on a uv team that manhandled us for the most part.

i am a huge cpj fan yet i have to ask if cpj has pointed the finger at himself this year? this was NOT his best year calling plays imo. does he have early signs of anheuser's disease? heh.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Our OL was dinged up and piecemeal pretty much all year due to injuries. Our depth wasnt able to step up. Hopefully this will be improved next year.

Some of y'all that think we should never lose to Duke or UVA, or should be far superior to Navy kinda blow me away. You are looking at reality through the prism of what you wish we were, not what we are. Teams that take Navy lightly due to stars tread on dangerous ground, looking at you UVA.

Some of yall are bipolar as all get out....with a strong inclination toward manic depression.

Have a good offseason.

We shouldn't be far better than teams like Army and Navy? If that's the case everyone needs to adjust their expectations.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Have a good offseason.

Thanks for the free psychoanalysis for the heritics on the thread. Those naughty nerds need to be kept in line. Hope u come back at the start of next season.

The season never ends. Sign in in a few weeks.

Peace out.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer

Have a good offseason.
First part about OL being banged up, I saw that. We had a great starting OL. We blew UT, Pitt and UNC off the ball. Then we started getting nicked up. By the end of the season, the OL AND the A-backs were slow and banged up. CPJ and Sewak know what our OL does to players. 2014 we had a great OL and 8 SRs at AB, BB, and WR. We need depth on OL. If you can't deliver that, go run what everyone else runs.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Watched every offensive play gt verses vu v a and verse s v t.
Wonder why Will Bryan didn t play ( only 8 plays) as the uva d t were not giant like v t. Shamire played 69 downs . He tried to pull and lead the counter option but was too slow so qb had to cut up field. (When lead by parker we got td. ).

Against v t Bryan played two series and we went down field and scored 14 on 2 sustained drives.
I think they wanted to use shamire for pass blocking which he did well.

Got to be fast on the ol. .
I think they may have tried to go big with shamire at r g like we did in 14 ( late in games he was l g when we added Erin Joe at rt). Did not wo rk
The kerning in this post is giving me an aneurysm