UVA vs. Navy

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Thanks for the free psychoanalysis for the heritics on the thread. Those naughty nerds need to be kept in line. Hope u come back at the start of next season.

The season never ends. Sign in in a few weeks.

Peace out.

You are welcome. And this is definitely the offseason. Cheers.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Well traditionally we have been way better than Duke, Navy, and Army (UVA is a wash imo) so I don't think it's unreasonable at all for us as fans to wish for that to continue. It's very painful to have to acknowledge that those teams have picked it up in terms of recruiting and/or coaching but we have remained static or regressed.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I am not sure we could beat the academies in 2017 if we played them. Especially in the second half of the season.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Our OL was dinged up and piecemeal pretty much all year due to injuries. Our depth wasnt able to step up. Hopefully this will be improved next year.

When is this not an issue with our OL? I feel like you can copy that, and paste it in to our year end summary every season and it would be true.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
It's bad recruiting. We only lose one OLine who played to graduation (would have been 2 if Marshall wasn't injured). Will Bryan and Jake Stickler were the only Juniors. If you have 4 total upperclassmen on the depth chart and one is hurt you probably aren't going to do too well. If the Morgan twins can really get better we will be in very good shape with depth. The problem is that right now neither seems like an ACC caliber player imo.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
When is this not an issue with our OL? I feel like you can copy that, and paste it in to our year end summary every season and it would be true.

Well that's an overall depth issue that we have had to deal with since at least the mid 70s. Some years we succeed despite it. Our O has been performing at a very high level nationally despite it most years during CPJ.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Well that's an overall depth issue that we have had to deal with since at least the mid 70s. Some years we succeed despite it. Our O has been performing at a very high level nationally despite it most years during CPJ.

It seems we dip into our 3rd stringers and walk on OLs more often than other schools. If our offense is that more stressful on OLs, we either need to recruit more OLs and less ABs and WRs who only rotate so many per game, or maybe we need to change up our blocking style. We're going on 10 years now, and it's kinda crazy OL depth is consistently a problem.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
1) GT scored on 36 on UVA, so it's not exactly as if UVA slowed GT down
2) GT attempted 22 passes on UVA, Navy Attempted 1. 2 of those 22 were interceptions, and only 6 were completions.

Take away those two turnovers, and you're probably looking at a wash, offensively.

To clarify: GT got too cute.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I honestly can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not? There is some legit criticism here, but the “sky is falling” attitude is ridiculous. Tech scored 36 against UVA, Navy 49. Both are pretty good (though Navy certainly did better). UVA’s defense averaged giving up 26 pts per game, so both teams scored a good but more against UVA than other offenses.

On the other hand, Tech’s D gave up 40 points, while Navy’s gave up 7. If you want to point to a difference between the teams against UVA, that is it. And if you want to blame CPJ for that, fine. But also acknowledge he is taking steps to try to fix that.

huh? no,--- I nor anybody else really cares about the SCORE and point difference, we just care who has the prettiest uniform. And yes, I blame the guy in charge, the COACH,PJ. Just like I give him credit for his wins which have dwindled down a bunch recently..

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Especially if it led us to more ACC title games, Orange bowls, and wins over UGA. Embarrassing. Can we please get back to Chan’s offense already!?
I really hope we do soon. Tech has shown it can recruit 4 star talent but it's usually only on the defensive side of the Ball, would love to see what we could do with a modern offense.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I really hope we do soon. Tech has shown it can recruit 4 star talent but it's usually only on the defensive side of the Ball, would love to see what we could do with a modern offense.
Probably the same thing we did before CPJ. For a school like GT to compete with the bigger schools, you need an equalizer (GT’s offense). That’s why you don’t see mid level recruiting schools do what GT has done over the last 10 years.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Probably the same thing we did before CPJ. For a school like GT to compete with the bigger schools, you need an equalizer (GT’s offense). That’s why you don’t see mid level recruiting schools do what GT has done over the last 10 years.
Yeah, you're right maybe we should do what Air Force and Middle Tennessee did against us.