UVA Postgame

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I also hope b-rad is back for uga so we can have sure hands on the punt return butttt

I was at the game in the student section so I couldn't be in the chat to say it but "nice catch brad" lol ok back to your normal scheduled program...#EasonSucks

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Good win today. Keep in mind that studying for finals may have something to do with the disconnect today.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
This was not a game for Stewart to remember --- fair catch on the 5 yard line (OMG), dropping a SURE TD pass, and getting injured on a probably misguided attempt to run back that punt. ARRGGHH !!!

I don't like fielding punts inside the ten either. The run back attempt was OK with me. BUT: I believe the dropped pass was the sun in his eyes. I was at the game and did not notice the sun and did not think it was an issue. My daughter was watching on TV and she said several players were shielding their eyes due to the sun. To make her point we rewatched the first half on tape. She was right in that several players were squinting and shielding their eyes due to the sun coming from the South. I'll give Stewart a pass on the dropped pass due to the sun in his eyes. I hope he is OK.

I don't like fielding punts inside the ten either. The run back attempt was OK with me. BUT: I believe the dropped pass was the sun in his eyes. I was at the game and did not notice the sun and did not think it was an issue. My daughter was watching on TV and she said several players were shielding their eyes due to the sun. To make her point we rewatched the first half on tape. She was right in that several players were squinting and shielding their eyes due to the sun coming from the South. I'll give Stewart a pass on the dropped pass due to the sun in his eyes. I hope he is OK.
I didn't notice the sun either, but a friend who was with me pointed out that that could have been the problem. I just figured that if he called for the fair catch on the 5, then why not on the one after which he got injured? Regardless of whether that was a good decision or not, it resulted in the injury. And I definitely hope he is OK too.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
It appeared that the sun in his eyes might be the reason Stewart dropped the ball on the sure td

He was lined up perfectly and the ball was tracking to drop right in his hands. But then it bounces off his face mask. I'm pretty sure the wind gusted and moved the ball. It'd be one thing if it had hit him in the hands and he just didn't squeeze it, but it hit him in the face.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It wasn't the sun. The throw was coming from the middle of the field and he was on a post from the West sideline running north towards the middle. That has him looking to the south east for the ball. The sun was in the south west. It was just a windy day where you couldn't take your eye off the ball for a split second. Concentration? yes. Sun? no.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Where I was sitting in the first rows of the upper north, it was easy to see balls getting pushed all over the place by the wind, especially the kicks. That early FG miss by UVA got pushed 4 feet east and outside the goal post by the wind.

Last edited:

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
It wasn't the sun. The throw was coming from the middle of the field and he was on a post from the West sideline running north towards the middle. That has him looking to the south east for the ball. The sun was in the south west. It was just a windy day where you couldn't take your eye off the ball for a split second. Concentration? yes. Sun? no.

Lynch caught a ball in that same direction on the next drive. It was what it was... a dropped pass. End of story.