UVA Postgame

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This doesn't belong, but I can't help thinking how much we are gonna miss PJ and Pat Gamble next year. Especially PJ. I know he has some flaws, but he leads the team in tackles every year.

Jmonty71

Banned
Takeo Spikes was high on both Mitchell and Davis at the end of the broadcast. I think Mitchell is getting there.
He may be. I'm just saying his ability to track the ball needs improvement. Along with some solid tackling techniques and speed. But, he looked lost being in space. Probably just a little coaching can fix it.

I hope that they develop a way to cover the TE during the Ugag game. Ugag uses their TE as a very effective weapon against us, almost every year.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I hope that they develop a way to cover the TE during the Ugag game. Ugag uses their TE as a very effective weapon against us, almost every year.

You mean like last year, when uga TEs had 1 catch for 25 yards? Or 2014, where they went 3 for 29 yds. Maybe 2013, where they went 1 for 30 yds? The last time that uga TEs had a "field day" against us was in 2012. They caught 4 passes for 60 yds and 1 TD in that game. uga TEs are usually good for one big play a game against us, and it's rarely a TD. I am much more worried about McKenzie than Blazevich.

Jmonty71

Banned
You mean like last year, when uga TEs had 1 catch for 25 yards? Or 2014, where they went 3 for 29 yds. Maybe 2013, where they went 1 for 30 yds? The last time that uga TEs had a "field day" against us was in 2012. They caught 4 passes for 60 yds and 1 TD in that game. uga TEs are usually good for one big play a game against us, and it's rarely a TD. I am much more worried about McKenzie than Blazevich.
McKenzie is a beast. UGAG has a stable of RBs. If we can limit 1st down yardage, I like our chances. Go Jackets!

Jmonty71

Banned
Having a stable of RBs doesn't matter if the OL is crap. I don't think the uga running game will be that devastating for us. Chubb may get 100, but if we can isolate the long runs, we should be ok.
I agree. I think we'll run for over 300 on Ugag. On the flip, I think Ugag will come close to 300, in the air. I think we'll focus on shutting the run down. I have us winning. 41 to 35