USF Postgame #USFvsGT

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I am not giving up on this staff and especially not giving up on these guys. Our players are great guys who represent the Institute well.

With that said, I think the O is going to have to set an identity of some sort. I agree the O line is not very good, but our one option play looked good. I think, if he is going to use Graham and/or Oliver at QB, Coach P. would be wise to integrate some more option plays into the game. I am no expert, but just don't think this O line can block "straight up" with any good front 7 we play. (need misdirections and good blocking schemes for now)

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Great defense. Tackled well and for the most part, is always in position to make plays around the ball. Can’t have lapses like the one with CT3.

Porous line play especially at the point of attack which is more surprising to me than the pass pro. I expected these guys to be maulers upfront but that appear to be not the case.

Never been a fan of the rotating QBs. Too many voices. I like the Graham with Tobias running gadgets pure option in short yardage/ goal line

Harvin will win the Ray Guy Award

I thought Coach P was better today, but we must execute to be decent on offense. WE have to get our big WRs involved in the downfield passing game

Last edited:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
D is looking better and better. They will keep us in a lot of games. Especially with what Harvin is doing for us. Yes he was the MVP. Runners up Carpenter, TK, and Mason.

I’m not a fan of the O scheme. I doubt it will ever be personally appealing to me. BUT. It’s way too early to judge it. Particularly with our patchwork OL. When an OL is this dinged up no scheme will perform at a high level. I think we need Lee back on OL the rest of the year.

Will say as a caveat that seeing Graham and TO in the game together was fun. Doubt we see it a ton but it should remain a wrinkle.

USF is not a good team. Glad to have the W but we have a lot of room to improve and I think we will. After Citadel it’s time to declare a #1 at QB and give that guy 80% of the reps barring a flop of a game. QB carousels will prevent any QB from developing a good feel for a game to build consistency and momentum.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Well, it’s nice seeing that we are a team that fights for each other and plays hard. Love the defensive intensity. We made mistakes and we didn’t beat ourselves with dumb penalties. As for the offense, it’s obvious we only have one QB who has the ability to run the new system (Graham) but right now our coaches are simply trying to pick all the low hanging fruit they can. I understand it, but I guess we all different definitions of what building for the future means.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m still undecided if the OB reads are hurting them, the play calls ( so heavily run oriented) or the simple fact that neither of our passing QBs are in long enough to learn the reads. I understand we are trying to find the team but I think QBs are like RBs, they need to get into a flow. It surely doesn’t help to bring them in on 3rd and long and expect them to pull out the first down.

I’m high on this team and I think we are playing to the “rebuilding” mindset a bit. I like to see the field stretched some.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
D is looking better and better. They will keep us in a lot of games. Especially with what Harvin is doing for us. Yes he was the MVP. Runners up Carpenter, TK, and Mason.

I’m not a fan of the O scheme. I doubt it will ever be personally appealing to me. BUT. It’s way too early to judge it. Particularly with our patchwork OL. When an OL is this dinged up no scheme will perform at a high level. I think we need Lee back on OL the rest of the year.

Will say as a caveat that seeing Graham and TO in the game together was fun. Doubt we see it a ton but it should remain a wrinkle.

USF is not a good team. Glad to have the W but we have a lot of room to improve and I think we will. After Citadel it’s time to declare a #1 at QB and give that guy 80% of the reps barring a flop of a game. QB carousels will prevent any QB from developing a good feel for a game to build consistency and momentum.

If I could give the last paragraph 12 likes I would !!!

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
It looks also to me that our guys in all phases are often thinking too much about what they're doing instead of going full speed. The good about that is we can get a lot better.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Terribly boring game. Some of those playcalls were terrible. The D saved us, something we haven't been able to say in about a decade. Shuffling QBs mid-drive is idiotic. Harvin was fantastic. Why is King kicking ahead of Wells? Graham still looked like the best QB out there to me, although Tobias is special running the ball. Happy to get revenge and that we got our first win, but man, that USF team is really bad. Not impressed with Dave P at all so far.

My thoughts exactly. I would add that I expected improvement over game one but I didn’t see it. Sure, we won but we were playing a team who hasn’t won since mid-2018 versus a team in week one that hasn’t lost since 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk