USF Postgame #USFvsGT

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
Terribly boring game. Some of those playcalls were terrible. The D saved us, something we haven't been able to say in about a decade. Shuffling QBs mid-drive is idiotic. Harvin was fantastic. Why is King kicking ahead of Wells? Graham still looked like the best QB out there to me, although Tobias is special running the ball. Happy to get revenge and that we got our first win, but man, that USF team is really bad. Not impressed with Dave P at all so far.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Great defensive effort today. Feals like we matched up well with them because they didn't seem to try too much up the middle and when they did we were able to do pretty well. Defense is progressing very nicely.

Offensively, all of the question marks we had going in seems like they aren't falling in our favor. Our OL just isn't very good, and the injuries didn't help. I don't see that being fixed until we get a chance to recruit for what we want to do and time to coach them up. All three of the QBs have obvious flaws, and the best choice for this year should probably be at another position in the offense we want to do. At WR Brown stands out but our best WR is a true freshman and that says a lot. Overall there are good reasons people not sipping coolaid projected us to struggle a lot this year, and we are seeing it.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Great defensive effort today. Feals like we matched up well with them because they didn't seem to try too much up the middle and when they did we were able to do pretty well. Defense is progressing very nicely.

Offensively, all of the question marks we had going in seems like they aren't falling in our favor. Our OL just isn't very good, and the injuries didn't help. I don't see that being fixed until we get a chance to recruit for what we want to do and time to coach them up. All three of the QBs have obvious flaws, and the best choice for this year should probably be at another position in the offense we want to do. At WR Brown stands out but our best WR is a true freshman and that says a lot. Overall there are good reasons people not sipping coolaid projected us to struggle a lot this year, and we are seeing it.

Malachi Carter is a good WR. Our QBs can't find him, nor can they deliver to him when he's open...but he's not the only WR that has to contend with that. Go watch the replay when you get the chance, the passing schemes are working, we just can't get our WRs the ball.

Milwaukee

Banned

Agreed for the most part. Not trying to be argumentative at all but what is the glaring weakness you see in Graham? Put him in and let’s roll and grow and build. TO can play the slot and provide some nice wrinkles in his own right from there, but he struggles with the forward pass. That’s my opinion on the matter.

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Was disappointing with what I saw from Lucas today? Didn't throw down field much and when he did, he wasn't effective at all. 11-17 if fine but for 45 yards just seems like a waste of plays. As annoying as it was to watch last week, the best strategy today was to run Tobias. USF didn't respect the downfield passing and they were loading the box, which made things difficult for Mason, who still did a great job! Problem right now is we don't have much of an offensive identity, so it's tough to say who should playing QB. Nobody has separated themselves, and Graham hasn't gotten enough possessions, so I'm assuming we'll see a lot more rotation next week against a more inferior opponent. Defense looked great and Pressley is a weapon.