USF Postgame Discussion

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
ST's suck, and Defense are still an issue. I know people wanted to say we did a great job in the first half, but drops and poor decisions by the QB were more of the issue than what the D was doing. Not much more pressure than last year and a worse job in containing a "mobile" QB. Maybe you can hold out hope that it's just NW getting his guys in, but he likely won't have the time for that, and frankly there's no real reason to think he'll bring in more talent under Johnson than Roof did.

Offensively, we played well. The concern to me is that I don't think this really means we'll have this kind of offense all year because I doubt we'll just be able to dominate the line like we did today at times. Our passing game looks like normal, meaning not good, and I don't see much help in the future. TM will, and probably should, be the starter but even when TO comes in, he showed nothing passing. And beyond that there is little hope that the pass pro will be better, or the philosophy will change. Furthermore, just like several times last year, the offense had a chance at the end, actually two, and messed them both up. We need an offense taht can do what it takes to put the game away. It's not just how many yards and points, but when you get them that also matters, and we aren't getting enough of either late the last couple of years.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Bench Brant Mitchell as well, he was no where to be found all day
Mitchell is too slow and was taking bad angles. But he is the least of our worries. We have players that looked out of shape and once again did not get pressure on a quarterback who really is not going to make anyone forget Matt Ryan. Imagine scoring 38 points, having a 10 point lead in the fourth quarter and getting blown out. Our players need to take a good long look at themselves and do what is needed to improve dramatically or this season will spiral out of control like last year but much sooner. No, I do not think South Florida is very good they just have better players than we do which is a reflection of mediocre to poor recruiting.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Pretty much all the breaks were to USF. Two returns, tons of penalties, ejections and a lot of time missed by skill position starters. And we lost by 11 on the road in week 2

I'm not ready to give up.
I'm not ready to give up yet but it's going to take until Louisville for me to even have a chance to get excited about this season again. And a Pitt loss could push that out even more.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
It's time to call it on marshall, move him back to A back and bring in oliver or graham. Also bryan needs to go back to tackle, find another guard.

Well, I guess you could blame Marshall or Searcy or Benson (for getting hurt) but what do you want them to do? Score every time we got the ball? Over 600 yards total offense is not enough? Once again, the defense looks very much like it has for years. Slow linebackers, poor tackling, DBs that can't stop tunnel screens etc. We got rid of Roof and its more of the same.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Pretty much all the breaks were to USF. Two returns, tons of penalties, ejections and a lot of time missed by skill position starters. And we lost by 11 on the road in week 2

I'm not ready to give up.

I don’t consider us giving up two return TDs and having 80 yards or whatever it was in penalties being them getting the breaks. They also lost their starting RB.