USF fan in Woodstock

RoboGoat

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi everyone,

I am a USF grad in Woodstock. I have been following GT since I moved here and really like your team. I am very excited for our game and haven't decided if I am flying to Tampa for the game, yet (wife is 37 weeks pregnant).

Any questions about the Bulls?

P.S. I come in peace lol

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
How'd your game go vs. Elon? We can see the box score, but you can see our box score vs. Alcorn, and might think we'd be happy, but we're worried sick about our QB play.

What should we know about you guys that an ousider might not be able to glean from looking at numbers?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Hi everyone,

I am a USF grad in Woodstock. I have been following GT since I moved here and really like your team. I am very excited for our game and haven't decided if I am flying to Tampa for the game, yet (wife is 37 weeks pregnant).

P.S. I come in peace lol

If you fly down you may come back to the locks changed! ;)

How would you rate the Bulls D against Tech's O?

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Hi everyone,

P.S. I come in peace lol
What is your honest prediction of how the game will go?

RoboGoat

Georgia Tech Fan
How'd your game go vs. Elon? We can see the box score, but you can see our box score vs. Alcorn, and might think we'd be happy, but we're worried sick about our QB play.

What should we know about you guys that an ousider might not be able to glean from looking at numbers?

We came in blind with our QB. Blake Barnett is a Transfer who was initially recruited to Bama. The other 2 QBs never played last year because we had our best QB ever the last 3 years but BB looked to live up to the hype albeit against an inferior opponent.
We were up 31-0 in the 3rd qtr when Coach Strong took Barnett out of the game and we saw how badly we are screwed if Barnett gets injured.

Our #1 RB didn't play as a precaution of a minor injury so hopefully he is the real deal. 4* transfer from UF.

If you fly down you may come back to the locks changed! ;)

How would you rate the Bulls D against Tech's O?

Hahaha yeah I might have to watch it on the big screen...
Our rush D looked pretty poor but hopefully that us because we played vanilla(isn't that what we all say) Coach strong has been saying the strength of our team has been our D line all camp but we are justifiably nervous after yesterday's game.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
We came in blind with our QB. Blake Barnett is a Transfer who was initially recruited to Bama. The other 2 QBs never played last year because we had our best QB ever the last 3 years but BB looked to live up to the hype albeit against an inferior opponent.
We were up 31-0 in the 3rd qtr when Coach Strong took Barnett out of the game and we saw how badly we are screwed if Barnett gets injured.

Our #1 RB didn't play as a precaution of a minor injury so hopefully he is the real deal. 4* transfer from UF.

Hahaha yeah I might have to watch it on the big screen...
Our rush D looked pretty poor but hopefully that us because we played vanilla(isn't that what we all say) Coach strong has been saying the strength of our team has been our D line all camp but we are justifiably nervous after yesterday's game.
SO, take lots of cheapshots at your qb, at every opportunity?

RoboGoat

Georgia Tech Fan
What is your honest prediction of how the game will go?

Honestly, I have no idea. We are loaded at WR, TE, secondary, and our QB looks like the real deal. I think the offense will surprise a lot of Tech fans.

On the flip side, I know how tough the 3O is to stop and GT is the king of it. We played Navy a few times in the last couple of years and did okay against it, kinda just got into a shoot out, though.

I can see this game going either way. I know USF doesn't get much love in the P5 opponents eyes but we were ranked in the top 25 20 weeks in a row with the preseason ending that streak.

Heart says USF by 10
Head says GT by 4

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Well... it would probably be effective haha. SWEEP THE LEG!
giphy.gif

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Hi everyone,

Any questions ?

P.S. I come in peace lol
Yes I live in Woodstock what is your address I hate to roll the wrong House ? :)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Hi everyone,

P.S. I come in peace lol
Are you ready for your team to get a beat down?

J/k what is the teams weak and strong spots on both offense and defense?

RoboGoat

Georgia Tech Fan
Offense strengths:
QB- seems like we got really lucky with the Bama transfer Barnett.
TE- Wilcox might be the best player on our team.
WR- probably the deepest corps we have ever had. Fast, tall, and strong. Look out for McCants, he is a beast.

Defense strengths:
DBs- fast to the ball and very athletic
LBs- undersized but also very fast and athletic

Offense weaknesses:

Oline- based on one game, I am concerned. They didnt seem to open holes for our running game but did give the QB plenty of time. Too early to tell.

RB- Mack and Sands didnt impress me but our starter Cronkrite did not play. From what I saw in the spring he looked like a good runner and a great pass catcher. Too early to tell.

Defense weaknesses:

DT: They worry me the most. All summer we heard the Dline was our biggest strength but did not see that yesterday. I hope that was just a fluke. If not, you guys will make our day brutal.

Special teams:

Special teams was awful last year. Hopefully that has changed. It looked good last night but small sample size against an fcs team...

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Hi everyone,

P.S. I come in peace lol
How is USF's passing game so far with the new QB?

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, I have no idea. We are loaded at WR, TE, secondary, and our QB looks like the real deal. I think the offense will surprise a lot of Tech fans.

On the flip side, I know how tough the 3O is to stop and GT is the king of it. We played Navy a few times in the last couple of years and did okay against it, kinda just got into a shoot out, though.

I can see this game going either way. I know USF doesn't get much love in the P5 opponents eyes but we were ranked in the top 25 20 weeks in a row with the preseason ending that streak.

Heart says USF by 10
Head says GT by 4

What is a TE?