Upcoming Boston College game

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I find myself totally scared of this game and being let down (again). It's ridiculous, I know. But geez, I am almost so scared I don't want to go see it live (and I hold season tickets!). Too many shockingly poor performances at home will do that to a fanbase, I guess. I HATE feeling this way, but I am genuinely worried...

MACHETE

Georgia Tech Fan
I find myself totally scared of this game and being let down (again). It's ridiculous, I know. But geez, I am almost so scared I don't want to go see it live (and I hold season tickets!). Too many shockingly poor performances at home will do that to a fanbase, I guess. I HATE feeling this way, but I am genuinely worried...
Can't argue with you there. This BC team is actually not half bad.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
I hear you. It's been a loooonnng time since I've not had worry about a game like this where we're favored.

BUT I find myself more fired up for this one than worried. Such a great opportunity for the team to make a huge step forward towards bowl eligibility and get a 3-1 conference record. I can't imagine this team has forgotten the embarrassment of the Bowling Green game so they're walking into this game with the humility from that loss but also the confidence of taking down a top 20 Miami team on the road in spectacular fashion. BC is tough no doubt but with new leadership on the D and another 2 weeks of prep I think we'll be able to contain them defensively at least as well as we did against Miami. Miami has a much better O and we held them to 20 points.

It's time for Singleton to have another big game

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I hear you. It's been a loooonnng time since I've not had worry about a game like this where we're favored.

BUT I find myself more fired up for this one than worried. Such a great opportunity for the team to make a huge step forward towards bowl eligibility and get a 3-1 conference record. I can't imagine this team has forgotten the embarrassment of the Bowling Green game so they're walking into this game with the humility from that loss but also the confidence of taking down a top 20 Miami team on the road in spectacular fashion. BC is tough no doubt but with new leadership on the D and another 2 weeks of prep I think we'll be able to contain them defensively at least as well as we did against Miami. Miami has a much better O and we held them to 20 points.

Opportunity vs. fight for survival?
Well, crap… now this has me nervous too! :confused:

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
For me it's not a matter of needing confirmation or encouragement. I understand the things our team needs to do in order to win games against teams like BC and I know we are fully capable of winning them. I've seen us mail in performances far too often against teams of lesser or similar talent (and that's not just a GT thing, I know it happens to everyone) and we don't have a margin for error like that where we can just show up and win. So I just need to see us do it. I'm confident we have the ability.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
At 3-3, this week should reveal whether this team really wants a bowl game. BC, Va and Syracuse games are winnable if we play with focus and desire. BC is on the pathway to a bowl game. Any of the other three (UGA, Clemson and UNC) will require lightning in a bottle and a proper alignment of the stars.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

“We’ve been focused on not becoming complacent and not thinking that this game means we won anything,” Kennard said. “We’re just trying to beat Boston College the same way we beat Miami.”

Key said he believes in fixing something whenever it’s not working for the team. The coordinator decision was one way of doing that. Another is prioritizing rest on Fridays, which he noticed helped the Jackets in Miami.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
“We’ve been focused on not becoming complacent and not thinking that this game means we won anything,” Kennard said. “We’re just trying to beat Boston College the same way we beat Miami.”

Key said he believes in fixing something whenever it’s not working for the team. The coordinator decision was one way of doing that. Another is prioritizing rest on Fridays, which he noticed helped the Jackets in Miami.
I found it interesting that he recognized we haven't seemed to play as well at home, and looked into factors that are different so that he could address them.

CEB

Helluva Engineer

I hope we don’t win this one quite the same way, but what a story it would be if we did!:D

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Miami might have been a poor rushing team on Saturday, but they looked capable. They’re #13 in the nation in rushing offense, and they’re ranked in the 30’s and 40’s in advanced rushing stats.

Some of that is feasting on two weak teams. Miami only ran for 89 against Texas A&M, but that might have been because they torched them through the air.

BC has a rushing attack—their QB is almost half of it, though (45%). Boston College is #26 is rushing offense—but if you looked at that overall stats, they’re a good bit behind Miami. Miami rushes for 211 per game and BC rushes for 193 per game. We’re #64 at 156 per game.

PlayerCarriesYdsTDFumYds/rushEPA/rushEPASR
Thomas Castellanos89558636.270.3127.9942%
Kye Robichaux54213203.940.2312.3252%
Pat Garwo III53276115.210.105.3345%
Alex Broome21128006.100.020.5133%
Cam'ron Barfield813001.63-0.48-3.8525%
Ryan O'Keefe540108.000.422.0960%
Miami has way more talent than BC in nearly every facet of the game except maybe not on the offensive line. Their young freshman tackle got exposed pretty badly against UNC.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
For me it's not a matter of needing confirmation or encouragement. I understand the things our team needs to do in order to win games against teams like BC and I know we are fully capable of winning them. I've seen us mail in performances far too often against teams of lesser or similar talent (and that's not just a GT thing, I know it happens to everyone) and we don't have a margin for error like that where we can just show up and win. So I just need to see us do it. I'm confident we have the ability.
This team has virtually no margin for error. Neither the offense nor the defense is good enough to carry the team. We do not have the talent to squander like Miami, UNC, FSU, and Clemson. Not necessarily bottom feeder but a good step down from the elite such as it is in the ACC.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
This team has virtually no margin for error. Neither the offense nor the defense is good enough to carry the team. We do not have the talent to squander like Miami, UNC, FSU, and Clemson. Not necessarily bottom feeder but a good step down from the elite such as it is in the ACC.
yep- we are a dangerous team.Unfortunately to our opponents and OURSELVES. We have just enough Off ability and MAYBE just enough DEf to slow down enough the other team if they make errors.(that uM QB was a godsend last wk) .also I'm waiting for the game where a 43 yd FG either wins or loses. hmmmm ------ LWLWLW--hmmmm----I wouldn't bet on this game.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
This game will be an interesting case of strength vs. weakness. We have a very good passing game (when was the last time I could say that?), against BC’s poor pass defense. Conversely, BC has a very good run game, against our poor run defense. Normally that would be an indicator of a high-scoring game.

I hope that we can have some success early and force BC into passing more and get out of their comfort zone. Otherwise, it's going to be a long day if they can sustain drives while running and wearing out our defense.