Upcoming announcement for stadium renovations? Found these advertisements newly posted around Bobby Dodd.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
When North Carolina added seats, it reduced their capacity from 60,000 to 50500 or 9500 seats according to AI. This is a reduction of 15.8% They used 22-inch seats. I think UNC added seats throughout the stadium or it appears that way on TV.

Based on that info: BD Current capacity--51913 x .158 =8202 seat reduction. Resulting capacity would be 43711. Obviously, an estimate since I don't know the current width of our seats (I think 16 or 18 Inches) or the width or UNC's original seats.

This based on adding seats to the total stadium. I doubt GT would add to the upper north.
I haven't been to a game in the regular sidelines in a few years but what they had was bleacher seats with a continuous back rail structure. I was on the 40 in seats given by season ticket holder. They were not individual seats with backs. Fairly easy to add something like that. Too Tall would have problems with them and even I felt cramped at 6'-1". Adding more leg room would have been major renovation.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Isn't one of the reasons you downsize is to bring in more money by substantial price increases? Added game day experience in stadium upgrades, more student attendance, great recruiting bringing better w/l and championships brings more demand, higher prices and eventually more seating added. Am I thinking right? And I'll add big 10 membership and eventually part of a national cfb conference. Am I still thinking right?

apatriot1776

Ramblin' Wreck
Isn't one of the reasons you downsize is to bring in more money by substantial price increases? Added game day experience in stadium upgrades, more student attendance, great recruiting bringing better w/l and championships brings more demand, higher prices and eventually more seating added. Am I thinking right? And I'll add big 10 membership and eventually part of a national cfb conference. Am I still thinking right?
Season tickets, club tickets, and box tickets will definitely go up. Though I wonder if it’ll affect the cheapest tickets much, if at all. UN will remain bleachers and they already cost 40-50 a pop, which is not much less than a Falcons ticket.

The way I see it, we are not going to be a serious P2 football program at 30K a game. So how do we attract more people?

1, We can get sidewalk fans and alumni to fill it out - that will happen with winning and winning consistently. As much as we talk about wanting to build a Battery-like atmosphere, Truist wasn’t filled out until the Braves started winning the East every year. Obviously with our NIL investments in Petty, Singleton, King et al we are pushing that.

And 2, we can get businesses that are getting priced out of the Falcons and Braves. I think there is an appetite for a nice corporate experience that isn’t $10k. This would be a move toward that market.

apatriot1776

Ramblin' Wreck
Also, some media coming out this morning with new renders:

Lounge seating:

1728047296483.png

1728047237396.png

UN with seatbacks and new scoreboard in north end zone:

1728047256197.png

TampaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Those renderings are embarrassing. I guess it gets the point across, but there is no way I’d show them to a client for fundraising. We need to see hero images, not sketchup.
I thought it was very odd to show people (none wearing white and gold) in the club and founders level seats, but no one in the stands.

Secret_AznMan

Georgia Tech Fan
I've been calling for multiple sections of safe standing, it would work great for students and it'd be nice to have a "supporters section" for fans/alumni in this style as well for those who wish to stand during the games. I believe we would be the first team in FBS to my knowledge to implement this (edit: UCLA added it this year: https://uclabruins.com/news/2024/8/14/ucla-football-student-section-expands-with-safe-standing-areas )

View attachment 16922
Orlando City SC mentioned, go lions

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Interesting that there are no donation levels anywhere that I can find. Lots of forms to fill out to show interest, but no numbers. Will be interesting to see where the numbers fall out.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not an architect but was thinking the same thing...minor league stuff from HNTB, but their project portfolio is incredibly impressive: https://www.hntb.com/project-list/?cat=architecture-sports . Maybe we'll get nicer renderings later.

Didn't realize Cassell Coliseum was getting renovated but these look a lot better https://www.hntb.com/projects/virginia-tech-cassell-coliseum/

The Raiders/Las Vegas clearly spent top dollar on their renderings or had some leverage due to how high profile Allegiant Stadium is: https://www.hntb.com/designer/welcome-home/
As a CivE myself who has worked in big firms like HNTB... those renderings indefensible. They're capable of doing a lot better. It doesn't really matter though I suppose, it gets the point across.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
As a CivE myself who has worked in big firms like HNTB... those renderings indefensible. They're capable of doing a lot better. It doesn't really matter though I suppose, it gets the point across.
Why spend extra money on better renderings that will change? "I was gonna donate a few million but since the renderings aren't top notch, I wont." Seems about right for Tech fans.

And I'm not attacking you, it's more of the elitetism mentality of Tech fans on things that don't really matter in the long run.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Yes, I am tired of looking across the field and seeing a completely empty upper east. It makes the experience less fun and it kills the experience - we want a Bobby Dodd filled to the gills with people begging to be a part of the experience. We want the place rocking on defense to give our team a competitive advantage to win football games, championships, and be seen as a viable B1G member.

It becomes obvious why Louisville is a favorite to get out of the ACC and GT is not if you attended our game there a couple weeks ago.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes, I am tired of looking across the field and seeing a completely empty upper east. It makes the experience less fun and it kills the experience - we want a Bobby Dodd filled to the gills with people begging to be a part of the experience. We want the place rocking on defense to give our team a competitive advantage to win football games, championships, and be seen as a viable B1G member.

It becomes obvious why Louisville is a favorite to get out of the ACC and GT is not if you attended our game there a couple weeks ago.
A favorite to go where? The B12? Well good for them.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
A favorite to go where? The B12? Well good for them.
The Big 12 is obviously not the top prize but it's a much better landing spot than the ACC, especially for a basketball school like Louisville. The gutted ACC is going to have no niche in the revenue sports - at least Big 12 and Pac 12 are basketball-centric conferences (or becoming a basketball-centric conference in the case of the Pac 12).