Upcoming announcement for stadium renovations? Found these advertisements newly posted around Bobby Dodd.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
There’s also three men holding a tarp above Gate 1

Idk what this could mean but maybe it’s covering some new signage

View attachment 16920
Connected some dots here and OP's photo is taken from the same gate. That tarp is covering the Full Steam Ahead rendering (you can see the signs for the Section 101/103 portal beneath it). Anyway, more great stuff from J Batt.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
When North Carolina added seats, it reduced their capacity from 60,000 to 50500 or 9500 seats according to AI. This is a reduction of 15.8% They used 22-inch seats. I think UNC added seats throughout the stadium or it appears that way on TV.

Based on that info: BD Current capacity--51913 x .158 =8202 seat reduction. Resulting capacity would be 43711. Obviously, an estimate since I don't know the current width of our seats (I think 16 or 18 Inches) or the width or UNC's original seats.

This based on adding seats to the total stadium. I doubt GT would add to the upper north.
Those seats at UNC are tight, boy.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Those seats at UNC are tight, boy.
1727988149999.png

At least you aren't sharing an arm rest with your neighbors at Kenan Memorial. When was the last time you went to State Farm Arena? I'm small and those seats are as bad as airplane seats. Louisville last week had full plastic seats that were spacious enough but the leg room was terrible and you had to climb over everybody if you weren't on the aisle. I feel like the benches at Bobby Dodd are at least nice in the sense that it's fairly easy to turn sideways to let people by.

Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
View attachment 16914 View attachment 16916

As you can see, they're concept arts showing a fully seated stadium and a new jumbotron/scoreboard. Looks to be something with the AT-Fund called Full Steam Ahead. Maybe an announcment coming during the game Saturday?
Thanks for these awesome photos!! I saw these earlier on campus today but never maneged to get a solid look at them. I know these upgrades have been a recurring topic for years, finally ready to actually to get it done.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
View attachment 16921

At least you aren't sharing an arm rest with your neighbors at Kenan Memorial. When was the last time you went to State Farm Arena? I'm small and those seats are as bad as airplane seats. Louisville last week had full plastic seats that were spacious enough but the leg room was terrible and you had to climb over everybody if you weren't on the aisle. I feel like the benches at Bobby Dodd are at least nice in the sense that it's fairly easy to turn sideways to let people by.
Also note how UNC has bleachers for students. I hope we do that.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Also note how UNC has bleachers for students. I hope we do that.
I've been calling for multiple sections of safe standing, it would work great for students and it'd be nice to have a "supporters section" for fans/alumni in this style as well for those who wish to stand during the games. I believe we would be the first team in FBS to my knowledge to implement this (edit: UCLA added it this year: https://uclabruins.com/news/2024/8/14/ucla-football-student-section-expands-with-safe-standing-areas )

1727992021409.png