Up Next Louisville

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Watched some of the FSU game, Louisville has some speed and their QB can pass and scramble, might be a long day defensively.
We'll need to hit the QB a few times early and not let him get into a comfort zone ... the game might be a shoot-out.
I think 2018 is Bobby Petrino's farewell tour at Louisville. I think UL will go 3-9 and Bobby Petrino will be fired and he'll get a job somewhere else like North Carolina,Kansas or UNLV.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Watched some of the FSU game, Louisville has some speed and their QB can pass and scramble, might be a long day defensively.
We'll need to hit the QB a few times early and not let him get into a comfort zone ... the game might be a shoot-out.

This is going to be a strange game for Tech. I think we will be able to put a lot of yards on them because they have never played against our offense or anything like it. Hopefully we convert those yards into points. I think Louisville will also be able to move the ball but they have turned it over quite a bit. I think the winner of this game will be determined by who wins the turnover battle and/or who gets the ball last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidtownJacket

Staff member
The hope I have is that we stick to running a skinnier down playbook and execute it flawlessly. They haven’t had a lot of time to game plan for us given they haven’t seen us in a while.

I feel like if we avoid the urge of getting too cute on anything then we can take care of business.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
The hope I have is that we stick to running a skinnier down playbook and execute it flawlessly. They haven’t had a lot of time to game plan for us given they haven’t seen us in a while.

I feel like if we avoid the urge of getting too cute on anything then we can take care of business.

They’ve never seen us.

Jmonty71

Banned
The question for the game: Will we run for more yards than what Louisville passes? We are run heavy and they are pretty pass heavy.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I think some people are letting a win over a terrible team cloud things a bit.

We lost handily to a Pitt team who has gotten blown out twice, and lost to what was thought to be the worst team in the ACC and followed it up with a performance that can only be described as a comedy of errors. Could we win? Sure. Is there any reason to be confident that we'll beat any acc team on the road this year? Not with what we have shown.
It's a one game season!...just win baby!

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Having watched Tech defenses in the past, they seem to have troubles with mobile QB's. Ihave not seen their QB in action, hope he's a stay in the pocket guy.
I'm not trying to be Captain Obvious here, but most defenses struggle more with mobile QBs than a traditional pocket guy. That's why most offenses have went the route of mobile QBs.

Jmonty71

Banned
I'm not trying to be Captain Obvious here, but most defenses struggle more with mobile QBs than a traditional pocket guy. That's why most offenses have went the route of mobile QBs.
It comes down to what you qualify as mobile. Cam Newton mobile or the occasional run Aaron Rodgers, type mobile? I think there are very few QBs, in college, that possess high mobility, accuracy and arm strength all wrapped up into one. Personally I rather play a mobile (option type QB), than a QB that can move in and out of the pocket and deliver a well thrown ball.