Up Next Louisville

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I think if we play like yesterday, fundamentals and limited mistakes we win.

I agree. I watched some,but not all, of FSU - Louisville. If our offense plays relatively mistake-free, I don’t think their D can stop us. The bigger question for me is whether or not our D and ST will play a complete game and not give up big plays.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jmonty71

Banned
Taking this one game at a time. I watched the FSU game and frankly I don't know what to take away from it. UL seems to run out of a pro style with a lot of drop back passes. Not the hurry up tempo we have seen, That Freshman running back is pretty good but as many times as Pass was hit I am not sure about their O-line.

Defense, again not sure what to make here either. FSU never really drove the ball as they scored on big plays. Now Kenny Cooper better be ready because their NG weighs 400lbs.

I know they will make a deal about Van Gorder having played us, but he never did well against us while at UGA and his players have not seen our offense.
FSU is a rolling dumpster fire. Taggart is over his head. I cannot say we
Taking this one game at a time. I watched the FSU game and frankly I don't know what to take away from it. UL seems to run out of a pro style with a lot of drop back passes. Not the hurry up tempo we have seen, That Freshman running back is pretty good but as many times as Pass was hit I am not sure about their O-line.

Defense, again not sure what to make here either. FSU never really drove the ball as they scored on big plays. Now Kenny Cooper better be ready because their NG weighs 400lbs.

I know they will make a deal about Van Gorder having played us, but he never did well against us while at UGA and his players have not seen our offense.
FSU is not a good team. The HC is way over his head. But, they have talent. Its hard to ggauge that game.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer

VanGorder was gone from UGA by the time PJ got to Tech. Those were Willie Martinez Ds at the start of PJ's tenure at Tech.
I don't think VanGorder was at UGA when PJ took Ga Southern to Athens in 2001 (?)

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I thought you were discussing UGAG defensive coordinators:shame::asshat:
the original post implied BVG while at UGA has faced PJ at Tech. That is not the case.
PJ and BVG have matched up just once, in 15 at Notre Dame
BVG was LBs coach with Jags in 05, then Ga Southern head coach, then interviewed for DC at Texas, was at South Carolina long enough to have some apparel ordered, then to Falcons and Auburn and Notre Dame and now his path to hell is complete with Petrino at Louisville.
My point was PJ went up against Willie Martinez at the beginning of his Tech tenure. When PJ was at Southern, the Georgia HC was Donnan, so he didn't face BVG then either.
However ... Sewak faced BVG in 04, IIRC, when he took the GSU Eagles to Athens.
Other than that, I couldn't care less who the UGa DC is.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
the original post implied BVG while at UGA has faced PJ at Tech. That is not the case.
PJ and BVG have matched up just once, in 15 at Notre Dame
BVG was LBs coach with Jags in 05, then Ga Southern head coach, then interviewed for DC at Texas, was at South Carolina long enough to have some apparel ordered, then to Falcons and Auburn and Notre Dame and now his path to hell is complete with Petrino at Louisville.
My point was PJ went up against Willie Martinez at the beginning of his Tech tenure. When PJ was at Southern, the Georgia HC was Donnan, so he didn't face BVG then either.
However ... Sewak faced BVG in 04, IIRC, when he took the GSU Eagles to Athens.
Other than that, I couldn't care less who the UGa DC is.

UGA hired BVG as a consultant before playing us in 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's an away game. (duh)

Checked the weather and no rain.

Friday night is a lot better time to drink than Saturday at noon. Plus my wife is out of town so I won't have to explain why I'm pissed if we lose.

Petrino's call to pass on 1st and 10 with less than 2 minutes remaining and the lead is one of the stupidest calls I have seen. CPJ's fake punt in the 1st quarter on the 20 was stupid but not in Petrino's league. Hope Petrino and assistant coaches are still there Friday.

Any other important factors?

I've got no idea how the team will do. The one I saw Saturday will score points, give up a lot of points and make some tremendously stupid ST plays.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree. I watched some,but not all, of FSU - Louisville. If our offense plays relatively mistake-free, I don’t think their D can stop us. The bigger question for me is whether or not our D and ST will play a complete game and not give up big plays.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The only thing I saw was they seemed to have 2 good LBs. that sometimes means trouble for us. Hope our OL does not get held getting to the 2nd level. Probably would not get called there or for that matter just about anywhere

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I saw a lot of athleticism on the field with FSU and UL , but really undisciplined and inexperienced playing. If we play relatively error free on offense, I think we will roll up huge yardage and scores against them, But they have speed and size at WR, and a big mobile QB with a good arm , who does make a few mistakes. If we can get a couple of stops and a turnover or two, we should win a shootout, But at night, on the road , could be more than we can overcome, Toss up for me.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Until we start penetrating the offensive line, pressuring the QB and covering receivers, we are not going to beat anybody that can throw the football and run just a little bit. At this point, I am taking the Missouri position, " you gotta show me." We played better against Bowling Green and I hope that is the beginning of a trend in the right direction. I will certainly be pulling hard for our boys, but I will be pleasantly surprised if we win.

Go Jackets!

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Until we start penetrating the offensive line, pressuring the QB and covering receivers, we are not going to beat anybody that can throw the football and run just a little bit. At this point, I am taking the Missouri position, " you gotta show me." We played better against Bowling Green and I hope that is the beginning of a trend in the right direction. I will certainly be pulling hard for our boys, but I will be pleasantly surprised if we win.

Go Jackets!
My thoughts exactly. Problem I see is that if we do get any pressure on the QB, we seem to also lose containment and they run for significant yardage. Got to play smarter. I too will be pulling for our young men.