Uni combo

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Not really worth arguing but just because something is complained about on a fan forum doesn't make it illegal. It's really just like, your opinion, man. Fans complain about clearly legible gold numbers with dark blue trim. Not illegal. Again, not much difference between those uniforms and Tennessee. I'm sure they have fans that complain about it too.

View attachment 7312
View attachment 7313

I think the answer to the question/discussion is that, if we could do it and thought no one would complain enough for it to be “illegal”, we would have done it during our existence. I actually would love it, but our “gold” doesn’t work for it. I think it would have to be one of the older, darker golds to have a chance of working and being liked. Heck, we have fans sitting in our stadium that say our gold numbers, WITH DARK OUTLINES can’t be read easily. I don’t think these gold/white only would ever get off the ground/get OKed to use. If tv and press crews can’t read them from their seats, they aren’t going to be used.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
If they wanted to use the spring game gold unis. They could. They’d be perfect to wear against ugag

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Agreed, We could look as awful as we will most likely play against them.

I'm all for gold uniforms, but the spring game uni's look like some one stitched a jersey together out of khaki pants.

I think it’s the concept of just gold and white that people like, myself included. But I do agree, and have said, that our/Adidas’ version of “gold” leaves a lot to be desired.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
How does that prove anything? Lol a couple twitter account wooooow amazing

UNISWAG has 100k followers on Twitter, and 130k followers on Instagram. I think getting regular recognition from them this season is a big boost to the visibility of GT, especially during a transitional season like this one. This is definitely a cog in the connection between recruiting and uniforms, and I can't recall GT ever being featured with any regularity in the past. The uniforms have been in the top 10 multiple times this season, and I'm pretty sure that they've posted the uniform reveal every single week.

Think about that EXPOSURE well beyond the GT fan base. If you don't think those eyeballs matter, you should ask CGC about that. His mission is take Georgia Tech to another level in every aspect.

The remarkable thing is that GCG has injected some creativity into each week, even though it's roughly the same uniforms from last year. The only real additions have been the gold jersey (not counting one-time use of gray) and new design on white helmets. The coloring of facemasks, helmet decals, etc. has been a breath of fresh air.

The bottomline is that if people (recruits, potential fans, casual observers) are noticing Georgia Tech beyond our core fan base, that's a good thing. Being relevant is far better than being irrelevant.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
That pic in the Uniform Authority tweet makes it look like Graham's throwing shoulder got hit with some Bruce Banner gamma rays.
He'll be throwing cars in no time.

giphy.gif

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
UNISWAG has 100k followers on Twitter, and 130k followers on Instagram. I think getting regular recognition from them this season is a big boost to the visibility of GT, especially during a transitional season like this one. This is definitely a cog in the connection between recruiting and uniforms, and I can't recall GT ever being featured with any regularity in the past. The uniforms have been in the top 10 multiple times this season, and I'm pretty sure that they've posted the uniform reveal every single week.

Think about that EXPOSURE well beyond the GT fan base. If you don't think those eyeballs matter, you should ask CGC about that. His mission is take Georgia Tech to another level in every aspect.

The remarkable thing is that GCG has injected some creativity into each week, even though it's roughly the same uniforms from last year. The only real additions have been the gold jersey (not counting one-time use of gray) and new design on white helmets. The coloring of facemasks, helmet decals, etc. has been a breath of fresh air.

The bottomline is that if people (recruits, potential fans, casual observers) are noticing Georgia Tech beyond our core fan base, that's a good thing. Being relevant is far better than being irrelevant.
Nobody said it’s not a good uniform. It’s a good uniform for whos colors are blue and white

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Nobody said it’s not a good uniform. It’s a good uniform for whos colors are blue and white

You’d get a kick out of the free Adidas shirts handed out at the GT basketball game last night. Solid navy with white logos/printing. Not a lick of gold.

Also, did anyone look at the team graphic for Graham’s ACC Team of the Week award? It’s navy and white....

Navy is a main color for us now, and has been for a while. Whether we like it or not, it’s a color non-Tech people associate with us.

df48b02358a328f21ba427c58440a6b4.jpg

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck

Say it louder for the short bus crew.

You’d get a kick out of the free Adidas shirts handed out at the GT basketball game last night. Solid navy with white logos/printing. Not a lick of gold.

Also, did anyone look at the team graphic for Graham’s ACC Team of the Week award? It’s navy and white....

Navy is a main color for us now, and has been for a while. Whether we like it or not, it’s a color non-Tech people associate with us.

And that is very sad and the fault of the Athletic Association for allowing it to happen.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow

Non-Tech people associate us with navy because the AA provides the colors and graphics packages to use and are actively encouraging and pressing it as our dominant color. This really started ramping up in 2017 when Stansbury got here. "Tech people" are making these decisions. Wake emphasizes gold more in their branding and media graphics packages than Tech does.

Not arguing for or against, those are just facts.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Non-Tech people associate us with navy because the AA provides the colors and graphics packages to use and are actively encouraging and pressing it as our dominant color. This really started ramping up in 2017 when Stansbury got here. "Tech people" are making these decisions. Wake emphasizes gold more in their branding and media graphics packages than Tech does.

Not arguing for or against, those are just facts.

Could it be the other way around? The gear (apparel, etc) that has sold in the highest numbers for...as long as I can remember (I’m 41, been a Tech fan since 5-6 years old, then attended Tech) has been navy. This goes back to my junior high/high schools days at least. In several of these threads, I’ve also mentioned (as an apparel retailer myself) how well navy sells in any apparel segment.

Are “we” (the AA) pushing navy in those graphics packages/media/branding because it naturally sells better as a color? Even when I was attending GT, by and large the students (the ones that did attend the games like I did) got very excited over navy jerseys when we wore them. Much more so than white or even gold. Do we push blue because people in general (sidewalk fans, apparel buyers, etc) like navy way more than they like gold?

Could it be the other way around? The gear (apparel, etc) that has sold in the highest numbers for...as long as I can remember (I’m 41, been a Tech fan since 5-6 years old, then attended Tech) has been navy. This goes back to my junior high/high schools days at least. In several of these threads, I’ve also mentioned (as an apparel retailer myself) how well navy sells in any apparel segment.

Are “we” (the AA) pushing navy in those graphics packages/media/branding because it naturally sells better as a color? Even when I was attending GT, by and large the students (the ones that did attend the games like I did) got very excited over navy jerseys when we wore them. Much more so than white or even gold. Do we push blue because people in general (sidewalk fans, apparel buyers, etc) like navy way more than they like gold?
You already know how I feel (LOL), but that shouldn't matter; White and Gold are our primary colors. Navy should have never been used as an alternate color.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
You already know how I feel (LOL), but that shouldn't matter; White and Gold are our primary colors. Navy should have never been used as an alternate color.
Nevertheless it was used and will continue to be used for as long as toe keeps meeting leather

Embrace it or be annihilated by Navy’s inevitability.