Uni combo

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
What’s the guess for Saturday’s uni vs georgia?

Even though I don’t want it for this game, I feel this is when we go “traditional” with G/W/G. I really don’t want white jerseys so that UGA can wear red in our house though. I wish we would go with the gold jerseys...maybe we will, but I doubt it.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
What’s the guess for Saturday’s uni vs georgia?
Since the 2014 game, Tech has worn G/W/W in every game. I doubt that will happen again this year. I say either G/W/G to appease traditionalists, or G/B/W to keep them from wearing red. I would love W/G/W, but after the El Cid debacle, I don’t know if those will ever come back out.

cyclejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I would actually be in favor of Gold jerseys under a couple of conditions. (1) We use the gold from the Gailey years. (2) I would love it if we did something like USC - UCLA and had both teams in home "dark" jerseys. Gold and red battling for state supremacy.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if when Dodd came out with the G/W/G if the old timers were upset?

I don't think , back then, that White was considered the best Home jersey.

Go look at Clint's jersey hanging in the GTAA.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Source? Tennessee and Texas don't have much more of a contrast at all than those.

There’s a good bit of difference at a distance between those 3 jerseys. If we used a deeper/darker color of gold, we probably could. But people already complain that our white jerseys with gold numbers are hard to read at a distance, even with the blue outline. So the gold with white numbers and no outline is gonna be impossible to see from the stands.

But the actual NCAA rule is here:

11. What are the rules about the contrast of jerseys and numbers?
By rule each team must wear a jersey that has numbers that clearly contrast with the body of the jersey (Rule 1-4-5-b).
• The number itself must clearly contrast, even if it has an outline or border.
• The number should be clearly visible from a significant distance.
• If there is any question as to whether the number and the jersey contrast, the jersey
may not be worn.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
There’s a good bit of difference at a distance between those 3 jerseys. If we used a deeper/darker color of gold, we probably could. But people already complain that our white jerseys with gold numbers are hard to read at a distance, even with the blue outline. So the gold with white numbers and no outline is gonna be impossible to see from the stands.

But the actual NCAA rule is here:

11. What are the rules about the contrast of jerseys and numbers?
By rule each team must wear a jersey that has numbers that clearly contrast with the body of the jersey (Rule 1-4-5-b).
• The number itself must clearly contrast, even if it has an outline or border.
• The number should be clearly visible from a significant distance.
• If there is any question as to whether the number and the jersey contrast, the jersey
may not be worn.

Seems as though that's your interpretation. They are two different colors and very clearly contrast.

All that said, I prefer always using navy...very minimal and always as trim/accent letter/number borders only. A strictly white/gold would be a sweet and much better alternative to blue however.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Seems as though that's your interpretation. They are two different colors and very clearly contrast.

All that said, I prefer always using navy...very minimal and always as trim/accent letter/number borders only. A strictly white/gold would be a sweet and much better alternative to blue however.

It’s not really “my interpretation”. It’s clearly been stated on these forums that those jerseys were very hard to read for many viewers during the spring game. If this was said then, by our own fans, you can be certain that the TV crews televising the game, the officiating crew, or even the opposing team would say the same. And if any of those say it, then we aren’t allowed to wear the jersey, per the rule I quoted above.

And no, they don’t contrast enough. Khaki/sand and white don’t contrast. If they did, we would have never added a “secondary” color for the precise function of contrast way back in the day...black and/or navy.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s not really “my interpretation”. It’s clearly been stated on these forums that those jerseys were very hard to read for many viewers during the spring game. If this was said then, by our own fans, you can be certain that the TV crews televising the game, the officiating crew, or even the opposing team would say the same. And if any of those say it, then we aren’t allowed to wear the jersey, per the rule I quoted above.

And no, they don’t contrast enough. Khaki/sand and white don’t contrast. If they did, we would have never added a “secondary” color for the precise function of contrast way back in the day...black and/or navy.

Not really worth arguing but just because something is complained about on a fan forum doesn't make it illegal. It's really just like, your opinion, man. Fans complain about clearly legible gold numbers with dark blue trim. Not illegal. Again, not much difference between those uniforms and Tennessee. I'm sure they have fans that complain about it too. Fans complain about a lot of stuff...

Screenshot_20191125-110127.jpg

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Last edited: