UNCheat

Deleted member 2897

"The NCAA defers to its member schools to determine whether academic fraud occurred."

NCAA: "Did academic fraud occur?"
UNCheat: "No."
NCAA: "Okay, thanks."

Deleted member 2897

Well lets remember North Carolina's defense, which the NCAA supports.

North Carolina desired to build a Fake University, by creating fake classes. This wasn't for athletes, it was for the general student population. They desired, over a period of multiple decades, to send people out into the workforce with inflated grades and incomplete educations.

So North Carolina admitted it is a Fake University. I'm sure all their alumni really appreciate that.

If you go look up their rates for honor roll and dean's lists, you'll see their rates are massively higher than other schools like ours. Its a completely watered down, neutered education over there. And that's what they want for some reason. I'm sure all their alumni really appreciate that.

Deleted member 2897

Also, don't forget UNCheat also dictated when this announcement would be. The NCAA wanted to release it last week and UNCheat said no. And they even publicly flaunted that they dictated the announcement timeline. This whole thing is just hilarious.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
So let me get this straight... a GT athlete receives $312 worth of clothing and the university gets a $100,000 fine and a vacated 2009 ACC championship, as well as 4 years probation. UNC has a far reaching, academic fraud scandal and gets basically nothing? Wow, well done, NCAA...

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
So let me get this straight... a GT athlete receives $312 worth of clothing and the university gets a $100,000 fine and a vacated 2009 ACC championship, as well as 4 years probation. UNC has a far reaching, academic fraud scandal and gets basically nothing? Wow, well done, NCAA...
I sincerely hope that the Power 5 schools decide to leave the NCAA and let it go bankrupt financially, since it is already so clearly bankrupt morally.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
I'd expect other schools to start offering similar classes soon enough. As I said in another thread, this was destined to happen (nothing or lack of institutional control) simply due to how the NCAA bylaws are written, it's hard to technically and legally argue UNC did anything wrong from a NCAA p.o.v. Accreditation wise it's a different story

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is the worst case of the spirit of the law vs the letter of the law I've ever heard of. If the NCAA says they don't have jurisdiction on this, they need to start writing some rules pronto to make sure they do in the future. The best word I can think of is disgusting.