UNC

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Much needed win. Great pitching from bullpen: Winborne; Shadday; Datoc; & Ryan. Hughes employed the Ted Roof bend (too many balls/free passes), but don't break (defense bailed him out) approach.

I think we had runner on 2nd with less than 2 outs in B9, B10, & B11. Kel came through huge in 12th.

Gotta take care of business tomorrow. Likely Datoc & Ryan not available.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Much needed win. Great pitching from bullpen: Winborne; Shadday; Datoc; & Ryan. Hughes employed the Ted Roof bend (too many balls/free passes), but don't break (defense bailed him out) approach.

I think we had runner on 2nd with less than 2 outs in B9, B10, & B11. Kel came through huge in 12th.

Gotta take care of business tomorrow. Likely Datoc & Ryan not available.
The good news is that Dulaney, Carpenter, and Shadday should be good to go tomorrow.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Great win. Any idea who's starting tomorrow? I'll miss that game too, so we should do well.

Just a perspective from not listening to the games and only looking at stats.

Our pitching may be getting better. Holding UNC to 2 in 12 innings is pretty impressive. And Curry is coming around. Tuesday was a good day for pitching too.

Our fielding not as good as last year (look at the number of DP). We really do miss the grace and speed of Justus. And Kel is inconsistent.

But our hitting will carry us all year. There is no fluke or weakness there.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
For those that did not see it. Hughes did struggle throwing strikes. Walked 3 in first 3 innings & got behind quite a few batters. Really fortunate the only run he gave up was a solo HR.

His 10-pitch 4th inning was outstanding...even with a HBP w 2 outs.

Faced 2 batters in the 5th. Walked them both. Trainer visited mound twice. All the medical attention was on his hand. I'll assume blisters; but just an assumption. Was pulled after those 2 walks & injury(??). Winborne entered & did great work throwing strikes getting out of that jam.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
It's hard to complain up 4-0. But we have left some runs on the bases today.

Correction: Up 4-2. Carpenter gives up triple & HR in T6.

May need more than 4 runs today. So much for that comfortable feeling.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Why wasnt Ben Schniederjans used after his performance against Ok. Why wasn't Shadaday left in for another inning?

This is series we should have won. Both this series and Miami series too many Ks for our bats.