UNC

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The Heels visit Russ Chandler this weekend. The 1st home ACC series for the Yellow Jackets. If we are to have a decent ACC record, we have to do well at home. Our home conference schedule is daunting and this weekend will not be easy.

UNC is highest ranked team we've met this year...top 15 in most polls. They have a terrific pitching staff. Perhaps one sort of intangible in our favor is the fact they have not played a single game away from home yet this season. Started season with 17 straight games in Chapel Hill. That's a little strange to me... but maybe that'll prove to be something good for the HOME team!!

Now that we are a "proven" pitching juggernaut (see Tuesday's Oklahoma game), I expect to sweep the series: 2-1; 3-2; 4-1... or something like that. :D

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Need some bounce back performances from Curry and Hughes. Who will start Sunday--can Schneiderjans be ready to go? Maybe even Shadday?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
What is the word on Parr (I've heard that he's injured, but is it serious or just a couple weeks of rest thing?) and when will Thomas be eligible because he could make a huge impact on the staff when he gets back?

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Help me out here. What are redshirt rules in this case? Assuming he becomes eligible with ~10 regular season games remaining, how much (if any) can he play & still redshirt?
I don't think players can receive a redshirt if they play after a certain point in the season regardless of how many games he would play.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I don't think players can receive a redshirt if they play after a certain point in the season regardless of how many games he would play.
I believe you are right. Which would make me wonder if they would play him anyway. Unless he is such a talent that they think he will leave after his Jr year. At 5-10 156, he would be exceptional to have that kind of talent.

twofortheroad

Georgia Tech Fan
I believe you are right. Which would make me wonder if they would play him anyway. Unless he is such a talent that they think he will leave after his Jr year. At 5-10 156, he would be exceptional to have that kind of talent.

As a lefty, we would need him, he is crafty even at that size. He can play the final games of the season after school ends which are extremely important series that include the ACC tournament. Unless we are going gangbusters, I just don't see him getting a redshirt but you never know.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
How did he end up being ineligible for semester quarter? I don't remember another freshman in this situation.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
When will Carter Hall return, and is something wrong with Brandt Stallings? I know that Stallings has gotten off to a slow start, but he will hit and can carry the team when hot.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Curry's done well thru 2. He locked up the batter that scored the 1st run & did not get the called 3rd strike. Looked pretty good on TV. Dude got a weak single on next pitch. Then scored. Them's the breaks.

Now we gotta figure out this stud starter for the Heels.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I think that CDH is one of the best coaches around, but I can't believe that he sent the runners with nobody out in the top of the 9th. I'm all for taking chances, but he should have sacrificed them over and then trusted Puerifoy and Innis to get them in.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think that CDH is one of the best coaches around, but I can't believe that he sent the runners with nobody out in the top of the 9th. I'm all for taking chances, but he should have sacrificed them over and then trusted Puerifoy and Innis to get them in.
I agree. But for those who did not see it.... it was not a straight double steal. It was a hit & run on a 2-1 count. The pitch looked to be a ball (low and inside) and VERY hard for Poje to make contact. He didn't & lead runner makes 1st out at 3rd base. Another head scratcher... UNLESS it had worked.

If you'd told me at the beginning of the season, we'd travel to Miami (CWS team in 2016) and face Bukauskas in our 1st game against UNC. I'd say that's a crappy draw to start the ACC schedule and hopefully we can win one of those games. Trying to stay positive. We're 1-3. I feel good about the next 2 games.